What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DD, Taking the line forward...Discussion.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, all regs. I used 3 lovey chemmy smelling C4DD males for the F2s and crosses.

incidentally, i numbered the young plants 1-10 in order of height. When it came to sexing, numbers 1-6 were female and 7-10 were males.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive done a small germination test on all the seeds and was quite pleased with the results.

Overall : 31 out of 32 have viable seedlings above the soil.
C4DD F2: 8 out of 8
C4DD x Chem4: 6 out of 6
C4DD x ChemD: 5 out of 6 EDIT: 6 out of 6

C4DD x Amnesia: 6 out of 6
C4DD x White Rhino: 6 out of 6

EDIT to add... just noticed the last Chem D is up!! 100% germination whoop!

Whilst it is a small population to draw any conclusions from... i can't help thinking that the inbreeding from an extra backcross to the D has caused the only failure, also a trifoliate, and the seedlings are clearly a little smaller than all of the others.
That said they could still be fire!
i have very limited space here, but i feel it would be a bit churlish of me not to grow some of these out :D
picture.php

VG

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a few of each variety growing on atm... pics next week :)

Full disclosure - the last seed to pop that made it 32 out of 32 germinated is a bit of a runt :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Jayded,

I was hoping to wait until next week, but i had to repot the seedlings today as they were asking for it... i find that when vegging under strong LED lights, the plants will fade as soon as the roots start to become restricted, i think because they stop being able to keep up with the photosynthesis. In this case i don't mind too much because i am trying to get some 'age' on the plants without them becoming too big.
here is a shot of all the plants in their 9cm pots.

The Amnesia x C4DD has shown brilliant vigor, and all the rest are close behind... except the C4DD x Chem D, which has segragated into two phenos, oe of which is quite a lot slower, although interesting looking all the same. It is interesting that the second bx to the chem D has caused a loss of vigor, as one might expect... but would indicate that the Chem D is already somewhat inbred - and this would make sense because it breeds quite true for it's terpene profile etc.
Left to right in rows AmnesiaxC4DD; C4DDf2; White RhinoxC4DD;Chem 4xC4DD;ChemDxC4DD

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will probably start threads for all these, but for now
Amnesia x C4DD
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and the Chem D x C4DD. there are two plants of each pheno, and as you can see one pheno is rather small ! (although quite pretty in its own way)
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lastly, after i did a germ test a couple months ago on the original 'OP' batch of C4DD F2'S (the 'open pollination' batch) i kept one plant that looked like more of an outlier. i was hoping the F2s would throw the odd pheno that was more unusual. Again it is in the cab that has thrips so not the best pics, but this pheno is much more leaning towards narrow leaf structure, but the smell is ponging of chem!
ive tried to get a reveg cut of this to run it again without the thrips lol..

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here they are (or most of them) after a week in their new pots. greened up nicely

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is the 'outlier' pheno from the 'op' C4DD f2 seed batch... harvested today.

hoping to reveg this and grow it again without the thrips...
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The outlier F2 plant smokes beautifully. Buds don't have density but very resinous and sticky.. leaves that greasy Plasticine/sculpey clay coating on your fingers. Smells very chem with a lemon edge... and is very potent indica high with perhaps a bit of racey buzz as well.

VG