What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DD, Taking the line forward...Discussion.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i am currently, FINALLY, popping C4DD seeds to make some F2s, no grand plan but the idea is to find a few good females to make F2s with, and i will likely collect pollen from ALL the decent males along the way to try and keep some diversity.
Also i am thinking of using a straight Chem D clone amongst the population of girls that i use to make the seeds, to represent an extreme Chem D outlier pheno (although many of the C4DD plants seem pretty close)

Also i now have the Chem 4 clone, and was thinking of using that as well to keep some diversity in there. The only thing is, i personally don't think the Chem 4 clone is anywhere near as good as the Chem D clone , so am a little hesitant about that.

I know some of you have approved of this line, and many of you are more experienced than me in all things Chem, so any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated.
thanks
VG:tiphat:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]C4DD is a cross between the Chemdog D clone and rez's C4D (which is Chem 4 x Chem D IBL)[/FONT]

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would be breeding completely to the D side of the equation. Look for the stanky sticky CD leaning males. The ultra funk ones. Be picky. If it doesn't scream sticky on the branches at 20+ inches and really stick out smell wise toss him. I look forward to these. I have recently been going through some CD, 91, stardawg, and OG crosses and still am right back to the D every time. Not impressed with TK and 91 crosses either. I will probably drop any future plans of using 91 as a parent. The smell and taste just aren't there. I think a lot of breeders just put shit out there for people to buy because it has a popular name in circles. I can't bring my self to do that with a lot of clone onlys. If it doesn't have the trinity of smell, taste, and looks I just don't bother anymore these days.

If you introduce C4 I would keep it a separate line.

Also if I were you I would track down a Tahoe cut and a Malibu and outcross to them =) Pop 25 seeds of each and be delightfully surprised.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers 40 for weighing in, this is just the kind of feedback i was looking for. Some food for thought. I have some seedlings out of the soil so the search begins !

antheis

Veteran
I was writing out what I want to pop next year and the c4dd was at the top of the list but was only bumped so I could sort some magus seeds before they get too old.
I plan to pop all ten and let the pollen fly to see what could be unlocked in the f2's. I'm also going to pop a whole pack of useful's chocolate diesel S1's as well cause that sounds like a good cross in my head.

So I'll be following along and hopefully I'll be able to get my computer fixed so I can post up pics. Still documenting everything, just no way to upload pics.

Oh, and there is a thread on another forum about a guy who grew out the c4dd to maybe f3's can't remember his name or the forum's. the forum had thc or 420 in the name; I may have sent you a link via pm but it would have been a few years back.

nickman

Veteran
I would be breeding completely to the D side of the equation. Look for the stanky sticky CD leaning males. The ultra funk ones. Be picky. If it doesn't scream sticky on the branches at 20+ inches and really stick out smell wise toss him. I look forward to these. I have recently been going through some CD, 91, stardawg, and OG crosses and still am right back to the D every time. Not impressed with TK and 91 crosses either. I will probably drop any future plans of using 91 as a parent. The smell and taste just aren't there. I think a lot of breeders just put shit out there for people to buy because it has a popular name in circles. I can't bring my self to do that with a lot of clone onlys. If it doesn't have the trinity of smell, taste, and looks I just don't bother anymore these days.

Also if I were you I would track down a Tahoe cut and a Malibu and outcross to them =) Pop 25 seeds of each and be delightfully surprised.

I don’t want to take this thread off topic but I’m just curious as to what you don’t like about the TK crosses and 91 crosses???

I’m growing some (TK x Urkle) Old Family Purple F2’s (r) and (OG Kush x Chem91) Snausages and I’m really liking what I’m seeing...

I’ve got a few (blackberry Kush x TK) Triple Nova and (Lemon Skunk x TK) LVTK going in now...

Just wondering, thanks ...!!!...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and so it begins....

picture.php

Anjey

Sweet. I popped these seeds from you only 2/5 but I hadn't frozen or refrigerated them, it's cool. I popped the Hawaiian x OG 4/5. I'll post how they go.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, yes they do degrade more quickly if not frozen. The ones i used were all the ones too small to sell, the dregs of quite a big bag from the freezer vault - i was amazed that 11 out of 15 popped !

i'm potting up the rooted cuttings and taking note of which are the quickest !

hellfire

I think breeding to the D side is a good idea like 40 mentioned and I would pay attention to structure. The D can yield nice but she gets kind of floppy and could use a bit more vigor in her branches. There is a stank to the D that I've never found in the 4 and its always fun to compare the D to sfv og or tk. I would toss an og in there for chucking because the outcome might be a neat middle ground in the earthy funk of the og and chemmy stank or at least save some pollen for later. I'd look for the stank, resin production and try to get a good supportive structure for the nugs she puts out. Stem rubs can help but discerning the D and 4 pheno differences will probably be easier with finished flowers.

:tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick update, just curing the females for smoke test... i got 6 girls, 4 boys...all of which were thoroughly stress tested and no intersex traits (some of the stress testing was intentional, some was accidental ! ) one girl was chucked because she didn't root very well, another plant was chucked because it showed the D style variegation.

Plants have been evaluated on height, stretch, branching, speed of rooting, smell in veg, smell in flower, resin production and root mass.
Smoke testing starts later today !

T

TakenByTheSky

I can't believe you didn't like the 91.

I've been growing Cobcoops 91skva x sfv/Appalachia off and on for the last few years and it's the most potent, stinky, sticky herbs I've ever smoked.

This one from F2 doesn't look like much but it's the most potent pot I've ever smoked, I handed jr out to a few old timers and they all unanimously agreed, it's almost too much.

picture.php

This is the mother I used to make the f2 100% fire every time

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm very impressed again with consistency of these. Of 6 females, 4 are superb strong smelling chemmy phenos... 2 exactly like the D, one that smells more strongly of the 'brussels sprout/ sweaty socks' type chem funk and another that is slightly more astringent but still very chemmy.

Of the others, one was chemmy but not as strong smelling so won't be used, and the other (which was also the one that was very slow to root) had an interesting smell that was sweater and not quite in the chem ballpark imo.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, looks like the seeds are developing nicely in the buds... so i will reveal the crosses that i have made in addition to the C4DD F2s
we have...
C4DD x Chem D . C4DDD ? not massively into repeated backcrosses, but i thought this was worth doing
C4DD x Chem 4 . C4DD4 ? For those wanting phenos leaning towards the Chem 4

C4DD x Amnesia . Chemnesia ? - ive been wanting to use the amnesia in a cross for a while now, it is in my top 5 for sure, and i thought it may combine well with chemmy-ness.

C4DD x White Rhino . The bubba x WR has been so successful that i had to see how the WR combined with this too.

thats if everything has worked properly, which it looks like it has (although i have been wrong before :redface: )

VG

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
The Chemnesia sounds banging!! Ammo is a classic and just love that tropical smell.. I’m assuming these are regs?

Good work VG :)

Latest posts

Latest posts