What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pine Tar Kush: Grow-along and hopefully make some seeds!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also change your signature verdant green man your on seedbay now not real gorrilla the link doesn't work and the pine tar gush are interesting but .....I guess the final smoke will tell all in a few weeks 6 or 7 till I sample

Thanks, didnt think of that !

as for your PTK plants, i coudn't say when they started to smell of pine, but ALL of the plants i grew smelled of christmas trees. That was the main smell and all the others were more in the background.

... it must be the male that was used ....

As for males i used 4 or 5 decent ones i think. You are the first person to say that the plants haven't smelled of pine as far as i remember.
Also, i used the same males for the GB cross and they did a good job of bringing the piney terpenes to PTG.

Thanks all for chipping in, great pic cannavore !

here is the Pine Tar Gush F2s (Gorilla bubble x PTK) on seedbay
https://www.seedbay.com/product/pine-tar-gush-f2-10regs/

Last edited:
I must have some kind of recessive combination because I swear theirs no pine in sight no balsam fir no Norwegian spruce they smell similar I think it smells maybe like another kind of pine tree I forget the name and smell so I need to smell it again .....ok I looked on the net I think it's Frasier fir maybe I need to smell a candle of it again but it's not balsam fir or Norwegian spruce that's what I was hoping for....in case you don't know how these trees smell just look at the candles at the store usually these smells are in holiday candles or are always on the shelf

Lime and fruit is more accurate really

were these the ptk or the ptk x gorilla bubbles f2's or f1's?

rolandomota

Pine tar kush f2 was all lime all Hermie no pine at all did anyone get pine from these? Am I the only one to get bad results? I'm currently growing another ptk selection by new 420 guy

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry about that rolandmota, you are still the only person that has reported any problems with my repro of PTK, and even the GB x PTK cross that used the same PTK pollen came out very piney. Not sure what to say... i have no seeds left they sold out very quickly.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo VG, the boys in Oklahoma are enjoying the ptg.
picture.php

rolandomota

No pine at all pure lemon all herms I don't know what else to say either ...unfortunately my new 420 all died and all the seeds are out of stock because I opened my yap....or maybe it's back I did ask him to restock it ....it's back! Cool I'm out of cash until January.....

I'm not currently testing my "pine tar kush" seeds I got tons of them but I won't waste my time on them because the high is not what I like and some give very low yield they all smelled the same lemon and some had green apple euphoric warm body high no mind at all
I'm sure not everyone that bought them came back to report
I didn't make a label mistake either have you tested your ptk repro?
Anyway I knew what I was buying an untested line
One good thing was one plant tasted like lemon that was a first for me I have smelled tons of lemon plants never tasted it till now. I actually like the lemon smell it's very familiar and enjoyable to me it's a smell I very much enjoyed it just not what I was looking for the euphoria in the high did help me feel better at least it wasn't hemp like my beanhoarder experience with freeze

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
roland, i test all my lines, you can see the test grows atm for my new seedlines. The PTK was a repro of a landrace/true breeding line so after the germination test i passed the plants to a friend who grew them out. i saw the plants at about 6 weeks and they were sweet and piney with a doughy background and pretty much the same as the seeds i grew out from Leangreen for the repro.

Last time you said yours were all lime, now you say all lemon. you say they all hermied... but you didn't mention anything about hermies until 4 months after you were flowering them!
(i saw no herms in any of the seeds i grew) but you also say you smoked some and didn't like the high.
Like i told you last time you came to complain, im sorry you didn't get what you wanted... you are the only person to have complained that you didn't get pine.. and as i pointed out when you questioned the male i used.. it was the same males i used for the cross with original glue RIL and the cross came out with the piney terpenes too.
VG

No pine at all pure lemon all herms I don't know what else to say either ...unfortunately my new 420 all died and all the seeds are out of stock because I opened my yap....or maybe it's back I did ask him to restock it ....it's back! Cool I'm out of cash until January.....

I'm not currently testing my "pine tar kush" seeds I got tons of them but I won't waste my time on them because the high is not what I like and some give very low yield they all smelled the same lemon and some had green apple euphoric warm body high no mind at all
I'm sure not everyone that bought them came back to report
I didn't make a label mistake either have you tested your ptk repro?
Anyway I knew what I was buying an untested line
One good thing was one plant tasted like lemon that was a first for me I have smelled tons of lemon plants never tasted it till now. I actually like the lemon smell it's very familiar and enjoyable to me it's a smell I very much enjoyed it just not what I was looking for the euphoria in the high did help me feel better at least it wasn't hemp like my beanhoarder experience with freeze

Last edited:

DocWylder

PTK

PTK

this thread has me really excited, i am currently flowering out 7 ptk females ( week 1) from the CSI repro. alot of the VG Ptk have a similar leaf struture and plant structure. i seem to get one less dominate pheno pop put which i call the dino pheno, it has crazy think leaves, almost carboard like and funky leaves with less fingers then the rest ( some leaves have 3 just really fat fingers . stem rub is mostly sweet hashy not much pine yet.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there, Good luck with your PTK's !

LeanGreen, who i got the seeds from for my repro, also gave seeds to Nspecta for the CSI one i think, along with others. I really enjoyed growing this!

in Early spring i'll be popping some Pine Tar Gush F2s , which is the project TonyGreen and i are doing, Gorilla Bubble x PTK... to hopefully make F3s.

VG

eyesdownchronic

LeanGreen, who i got the seeds from for my repro, also gave seeds to Nspecta for the CSI one i think, along with others. I really enjoyed growing this!

in Early spring i'll be popping some Pine Tar Gush F2s , which is the project TonyGreen and i are doing, Gorilla Bubble x PTK... to hopefully make F3s.

VG

sounds good!

DbnPoison

VG

Hey VG,

how those F3 coming along?

just about to pull the trigger on some Fat Bubba, excited to see what those goodies have locked away.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Het Dbn, the lockdown has caused a bit of a delay but these PTG are up next!

DbnPoison

Het Dbn, the lockdown has caused a bit of a delay but these PTG are up next!

Thanks for the info.
are you going to sell some on Seedbay when they done or only through Tong Green.
Pulled the trigger on those fat bubba, hopefully find a nice male as I have a few females that need seeding.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi again Dbn, i'll sell some seeds through seedbay and BR when they are ready as well as send a bunch over to Tony.
GL with the FB, let us know how you get on..
VG :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts