What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Rhino x Pre-98 Bubba Kush FEM Cross - info and grow-along.

GlandualFever

I’ve got three of these at week four currently and one of them is an absolute beast. Looks like it will yield 3x that of the others and has a big central cola. Looks and smells like quintessential boom weed that I remember from the turn of the century. Very frosty indeed and has a sweet almost bubble gummy type smell although the smell isn’t particularly strong at this stage.

It also has fan leaves that curl in like a bulls horns which I’ve not seen before

The big girl looks nothing like any of the bubba cuts I’ve seen but I’ve not grown much bubba so wouldn’t know too much about that.

It would be great to see more pics of the original cut in flower.

Will post pics before harvest, nice work VG

Hey Madala, be great if you could post a pic of that hooked fingered fan leaf. Definitely a trait of the mother right there.

madalasatori

Veteran
picture.php

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just back from a week in France with my boy, 20 years old. Had some WR buds there along with a few other bits and he just wouldn't leave the WR alone !
He couldn't get enough of it lol.

I'll probably give reversal a go with the WR to see if i can make some S1s, also try to get some better pics along the way.

VG

madalasatori

Veteran
Can’t wait to try it. Smells in veg change every week - last week was sweet bubblegum this week it’s pure earthy. My favourite pheno looks like it might be done in 8 weeks. The others will need a week longer and seem more bubba leaning. Very stable

VG - when you say she smells a bit cheesy do you mean like the cheese clone ?rather than actual cheese? Last week I was racking my brain to think what she smelt like and then I realised it was a sweet rich antiseptic smell - like buds from the pukka cheese clone. Amazing smell and one that reminds me of shiva skunk I grew 15 years ago. No cheese smells this week though

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey madalasatori - yes i mean a bit like the cheese clone / skunky smell. i would say it is like the smell of parmesan cheese. My organic growing really seems to maximise those terps in anything that can have them. As well as the WR smelling like that, one of the bubba S1s i grew once had a similar cheesy smell.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Click image for larger version  Name:	3342DABE-302F-4433-98B0-BF9A68EE9203.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	17852354 This is my keeper white rhino x ‘98 Bubba kush at 3 weeks flower. Finishes at 8.5 weeks and is outstanding in potency and effect. Click image for larger version  Name:	5E759D74-CA83-4FDF-B352-E54E9ED96CD2.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	117.3 KB ID:	17852355

Last edited by a moderator:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks great skunkfunk - glad you found a keeper.. i was very happy with this cross. Any more pics would be greatly appreciated ! (sorry for the late response )

VG :tiphat:

Gene.bank.uk

These look amazing 🤩 I’m so happy to see the white rhino cross looking so good and the genetics still being seen and used it’s one of my favourites of all time

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
20211021_113437.jpg
I grew out 2 seeds over the summer and decided to run one of them because I really liked the flower. the plant i did not keep was also very good with a predominantly Bubba slant and heavy effect. this particular plant has some of the Bubba taste but its not in your face allowing a subtle skunky metallic taste to shine. The effect is mostly heady with a short lived bout of intense mental confusion followed by an outstanding euphoric sensation that slowly spreads throughout the body. While towards the end of the effect she feels very relaxed it never crosses into couch lock territory which I appreciate. The other plant was brutal in that respect and I was not looking for that at all. I really like that I can smoke this during the day and still function while getting high as f***k. Anyhow, this the the rhino bubba at week 6. I have had some issues with leaf curl when I first transplanted into the flowering container due to the rich soil but she adapted quickly and is now starting to ask for more nitrogen it seems by the look on her lower leaves. I just gave her a mild compost tea drench so I hope that is enough for her to finish.
20211021_105748.jpg
20211021_110016.jpg
20211021_110601.jpg
20211021_110622.jpg