What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cherry Bombs....lighting the fuse!!

G

picture.php

Starting a few Cherry Bombs, thanks to Verdant and Mr Greengenes for keeping this one going. Beans gifted from a very cool friend, Cool Moe. First time growing this one and looking forward to enjoying some old school sativa, hoping a promising male shows up! Have 2 more Cbombs also going as well, all seemed to start a little slow, but have settled now.

I was a little surprised to see the difference in leaves between #1 and #2. The other 2 plants look just like #1. Wasn't expecting to see as much variation as showing in #2.

Any opinions as to which of these 2 pheno's is the most common. Any info would be much appreciated.

Keif

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey keif thanks for posting this, there is a reasonable amount of variation in the CB, but most phenos have red stems and petioles as they mature. as i was saying in the other thread, there is also a green pheno which is a little sweeter smelling and less 'sativa jangle' in the high
also some phenos are taller and go a bit longer. most plants are probably 9 weeks or thereabouts.

VG

G

picture.php

The other 2 cbombs making up this run. These 2 look much like #1 with the wider leaves, but it's probably a little early to tell much yet. VG, from your description, these 3 seem to look like the 'green' pheno. All 4 of these have surprised me so far with the close spacing between nodes. They really responded well to the transplant a few days ago, amazing growth spurt. Just needed more root space I guess.

KS

Cool Moe

Veteran
Nice job on the start Keif, these are gonna be fun to watch. Unique looking plants for sure, kinda like going back to a simpler time in the cannabis world, before so many pure strains were blended. Shout out to Verdant for putting out the bomb old-school Maui genetics from a limited capacity op, offering concrete proof that when you start with exceptional genetic lineages, you don't need to select from 100+ plants to produce exceptional seeds.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes im looking forward to this too. CB is very old school and yes, a little less 'sophisticated' than some modern strains.... but thats one of the great things about it.

tends to lack much in the way of bud density and has very long petioles/leaf stems in some phenos.

i think its what people used to call 'kind weed' very uplifting, silly grin etc... but there is a sativa edge to it sometimes as well.

i was very privileged to get a good stash of these beans from Mr.G and its my pleasure to keep the line going and get it out and about :)

VG

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
I really enjoyed growing and smoking the Cbomb, after a cure the green one I had smelt like tobacco when burnt, the purple ones were the tastiest. Its really good to see its still around, I had one drop pollen and didnt have a go at making more seeds. Big love to vg and mr g, thanks for sharing. :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks mate!

i think number 2 looks interesting, might be a bit of a monster!

G

picture.php

picture.php

Appreciate everyone's interest and comments and will try to update regularly. Very excited about a good start with this project, expecting it to go on for a good while. Wanted to show a lower angle and the shoots already started. I will be taking cuts on all four, wish I had room for more seed plants, but these are it for now.

Really liking the compact structure showing on all these, guess I was expecting lanky, thin stems and wide spaces between nodes. have my CFLs pretty close, so thats helping.

thanks, Keif

G

I really enjoyed growing and smoking the Cbomb, after a cure the green one I had smelt like tobacco when burnt, the purple ones were the tastiest. Its really good to see its still around, I had one drop pollen and didnt have a go at making more seeds. Big love to vg and mr g, thanks for sharing. :)

Hey Illuminate, thanks for the input. Really stoked about this one, l have a few more CB seeds I will be popping when space allows. Hope to find a good male or two and chunk some pollen. For me it's not so much about the yeild, as quality of the smoke. I also really like the growing/seed making as much as anything.

KS

G

A quick update on the cbombs, 21 days veg:

picture.php

picture.php

Growing kinda slow, but just happens that actually suits my needs at the moment. Will keep vegging and take cuts of all 4 and flower these first. Plants seem pretty happy so I'm just keeping on with water when needed and no other changes.

KS

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good and happy, i guess when you repot them they will grow faster.

G

looking good and happy, i guess when you repot them they will grow faster.

Hey VG,

Yes, no doubt they'll be energized with the next repot. In fact, just since these last pics, #3 plant have taken off and appears to be a beast in the making, tallest of the 4. Got a feeling I'll soon be wishing they would slow down. They seem to be growing in spurts. Veg room is almost ideal enviroment and consistent, so I guess it's just their nature.

Very trouble free plants so far. Will be taking cuts soon, do they clone easily?

KS

G

hey peeps, hope everyone is doing well. Potted up my 4 Cherry Bombs yesterday from 1 gal up to 3g. Think they will really take off now. Started these out in 18 oz solo cups, up to 1gal about 20 days ago. Mentioned then that all these seemed to be growing alittle slow. After seeing the roots made since last transplant, I'm thinking all the growth was going on below dirt.

picture.php

Will update pics of all Cbombs in a couple of days. Kinda makes for a boring thread when plants grow as trouble free as these have, but I'll take that anyday. Can't wait to see these flowering.

G

Nice man, looking good.

keep up the good work.

Danny

hey thanks Danny. Really looking forward to working with the Cbombs, planning a long ride with this strain if it turns out right. Like the looks of your Jack Pine!!

KS

G

Hey everyone, appreciate the encouragement and kind words. Just wanted to put up a few pics of my cbombs at about 6 weeks veg. They seem to be responding well to the last repot, just 3 days ago.

Like to keep it simple with the soil mix and lite on the nutes. I use a 50/50 mix of Pro-Mix and home compost, along with some perlite to thin out the compost a bit. I also add in Espoma plantone in small amounts for flower. they seem to be really taking off now after the last up potting.

KS

G

Decided a couple of days ago to put my Cherry Bombs in flower. Had planned to veg awhile longer and take cuts, but holiday plans and obligations made it necessary to go a different it route. If something turns out really nice, as I'm expecting it will, I can always reveg.

The good news is that after only 2 days in 12/12, CB #1 is showing it's stuff and is a stout, bushy girl!! My hope is that 3 and 4 are girls, and the more lanky #2 showing a red striped mainstem and putting off a great aroma of memories from the 70's, will be a dude.

picture.php

Will put up pics of each as they show what we got in the next couple of days. These went a full 6 weeks in veg. This was the shortest at 13 in, the tallest was 18 inches.

Keif