What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Kush x Bubba Kush (fem Cross) info, grow-along and test grows.

browntrout

Veteran
Looks quite sativa-ish to be a BK x PK cross too me? who knows maybe it's just an array of phenos from un-inbred lines.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi browntrout, what are the sativa traits that you are seeing?

i'm pretty confident that the bubba is an inbred line and an indica, no-one has come up with much in the way of sativa pheno's from the many S1s that have been popped.

i dont know so much about the PK but it too is way more indica than sativa imo. certain traits in the PK could point towards it being a hybrid i guess.

i'll have to try and post up some pics of the dry buds, they are impressively frosty and the initial smoke is very potent. i'll get a better smoke report up at some point too.

VG

Aardwolf

browntrout- Sativa means Cultivated Variety- What are you on about? Nothing of any significance or relevance, it that bro science? Hey bro this one is skinny leafed the other is fat leafed Ha ha!

Lets have the puff puff test VG!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys,

early smoke report:

The buds smell distinctly of bubba, but with some of the sweetness and berry of the PK coming through. one of the plants is very close to bubba in smell but with a sweet edge, whereas the other plant has less bubba and some of the berry tones of the PK, alongside a sweet peanut type smell which reminds me of the amnesia cut.
The smoke is thick and smooth from this bud, and best of all it has that exquisite bubba incense taste, only sweeter, its best detected when you exhale through your nose and it hits your sinuses not unlike the way horseradish does, only its sweet incense rather than hot.
high is quite heavy, hitting quickly but then also creeping higher, very good potency, good indica dominant smoke with some thoughtful head and great pain killing and muscle relaxing qualities.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
theherbalizor got a couple of samples of the PK x Bubba to try and he said i could post the feedback he gave me via PM
"I tried the next pheno of pk x bk last night and it was very bubba like and knocked me out. Woke up at 5am with Ribena all over me. Lol

Some nice vape that one man."

for my part ive been smoking the buds and the smoke is thick and smooth. A decent lungful actually makes me go cross-eyed for a few moments - thats something that usually only happens to me when i smoke bubble hash!

VG

B

beakermuppet

Looks killer man, how long did they flower before ya chopped?

keep up the good work!

Beaker

browntrout

Veteran
hi browntrout, what are the sativa traits that you are seeing?

i'm pretty confident that the bubba is an inbred line and an indica, no-one has come up with much in the way of sativa pheno's from the many S1s that have been popped.

i dont know so much about the PK but it too is way more indica than sativa imo. certain traits in the PK could point towards it being a hybrid i guess.

i'll have to try and post up some pics of the dry buds, they are impressively frosty and the initial smoke is very potent. i'll get a better smoke report up at some point too.

VG

I guess I was merely observing that they didn't appear as pure indicas, but at the time I was assuming they were pures. The bud structure in early flower shows more sativa-ish qualitys in my eyes compared to some of the Bubbas and PK's with small golf ball sized buds.

Regardless these are some frosty plants you have here, and I'm sure they smoke like a dream.
BT

mmmcake

Was looking at this strain at the bay. Looks very interesting. Thinking about giving them a try. :tiphat:

Purple Kush X Bubba

Purple Kush X Bubba

Sorry for the delay....... So the one lives first day of flowering..... def indica look at these shorties:dance013:

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good dets!

ive nearly finished the two little ones i grew. one of them cured to smelling quite similar to chocolate lime - but a coffee-ish chocolate smell.

chocolate lime - but a coffee-ish chocolate smell.....Thats different... the DANK pics you posted was motivation to baby this one i have sooooooo Mad the other ones died...now that she's taking off she's doing pretty good i think i should have pulled off some of the leaves before i sent her into flowering.... i don't want to do it now because of the stress she's under... im going to give her some B Vitamin and take a few leaves off..

I dont know if im hi but i getting a old school G-13 smell she is smelly now lot of mint im not getting a strong kush smell.... durning transport i was only left with 1 bean of this but seems to be doing great..

greenpinky

So happy I got another 1 to come up... got 2 and can't wait to flower them out

picture.php

Thanks v.g I'm addicted to ur gear, after grown out cherryjunna... any new crosses in the near future I gota save for?

:plant grow:Im close to finishing her up and i dont even want to stand next to her she is soooo sticky and its like a piney pine-sol mint smell but shes doing ok i would up the cal & mag up on the next one.... but im not done yet......

She is STICKY im going to drop some fan leaves off in three days.