What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BlueDigiBerry F2

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol DM, i had a look through the bubba S1 thread a while back and there were a couple of other reports of nanners over the years... so these things do happen.
The variation in these BDBs is pretty wide to be sure and i really enjoy that... although it can be a challenge to run them all together. The digiberry clone is quite fast flowering and breeds fairly true for that (i think frank told me) so it will be interesting to see the flowering times of all these phenos - especially the narrow leaf ones. My BB cut has a slow flowering response and that is definitely improved in these.

VG

G

Good to know, thanks for sharing. I'm definitely grabbing a spot in line to run the F3s once they're available.

No. 1 above with the early frost is stunning! Any of them have a nose yet?

Peace DM

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi DM, yes! they are starting to smell quite good. i'll try and jot down a description of them some point soon. Briefly, the wideleaf no1 seems to be going in the more doughy/muffin direction, whilst the others are sweeter.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok, 4 plants are too many to evaluate the terp profile all at the same time, it is for me anyway.

Plant 1 is an absolute belter ! a nice balance between sweet blueberry and blueberry muffin. defo a keeper... probably the best plant of these 4.
more about the others tomorrow.

VG

99problems

The 1 looked like a winner from the first picture also, looks like it's going to be a fast finishing one also!

Wanted to give a little update on my f3s and f3xf2 also after some time in the jars:

The f3xf2 is my favourite to smoke, covered in resin and the smell is dominantly rubber with earth and berry in the background and taste is very earthy with the rubber and berry in the background .
the high sticks out from the rest of the plants, don't really know how do describe it but it's such an obvious high, I had a childhood friend over and when we smoked it both at us looked at eachother and asked ourselves "why didn't we smoke this the entire time?" It's similar to how you feel when mdma/LSD is about to kick in, very unique high.

The f3 2 and 4 were both similar, berry smelling and tasting with a nice high, f3 1 took a week longer and is a bit different, smell is very woody with a clear blueberry smell and taste and the rubber in the background and the high is very clear.
F3 3 is disgusting, smells like garlic, onion and burnt rubber and tastes like you put the burnt rubber, onion and garlic in a plastic bag of rotten food and blueberries and then put that in the oven kind of, it has much more of a mellow feeling high compared to the other ones, more of a good night weed but the potency is there!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey 99, yeah it was a shame to have had to top plant no1 in early flower to get some clones off it... but yes a great plant. i have a few thrips in there atm and they seem to love it too lol. Bloody predators not doing a proper job !
Plant No5 (i think it is ) also has a good bb terp profile to it, the other two are more a mix of berry and other funk, with the rubber smells too.
According to Chilli Berkster, the burnt rubber smells ate from the Digiberry. Personally i am going to select for the BB terps more than the burnt rubber.. although i imagine that will still be a fixture... i'd be interested in what folks thought about that decision... not sure if the rubber terps are bringing in a quality to the high or not...
Thanks for the rundown on yours. I think i can relate to what you are saying about the high on your favorite one.. my BB cut is the weed i smoke if i want to be high/stoned without people realising it.. something very clear and calm about it. Sounds like you got some decent plants in the rest too.

VG

JustGrowing420

Makes sense to go for the bb terps more and leave the burnt rubber to the chems, although a berry/rubber combination sounds really interesting.

Can't wait till you finish those. Wanna get some seeds of this when available. Hope chem kit will still be in stock so I can grab both and be done.

G

Agreed on the decision to go for BB terps. I'm sure the burnt rubber will still be found here and there. Plus, it's got "Blue" AND "berry" right there in the name... :tiphat:

Peace DM

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys, my intention with this project was always to try and get a line that consistently produced plants with blueberry terp profiles... my only slight concern is that the rubber smell may represent a terpene that gives a specific influence to the high.. but i shall continue as planned. I wont necessarily select AGAINST the rubber terps if a plant also has a good BB terp profile, but i wont select plants for it either.
here is plant no1 again at around 5 weeks
bbbelter.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i had a minute to check out the BDB plants more closely today... and the terp profile of all of them has moved towards a much more 'berry' funk - but the bud structure of two of the plants i dont think is very desirable.. with single calyx stacks and too many gaps.
Plant 3 (iirc) is more narrow leaf but with a fairly decent bud structure... nice fruity berry smell atm and nice colour:
Click image for larger version  Name:	BDB3?.jpg Views:	0 Size:	218.4 KB ID:	17833877
Click image for larger version  Name:	BDB3?top.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.7 KB ID:	17833878

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, coming up to 8 weeks... plant 1
bdb1at8.jpg

Attachments

• bdb1at8sidenug.jpg
    bdb1at8sidenug.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 36

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BDB5at8.jpg
Plant 5 has filled out and is very frosty... may be a contender. strong, almost sour, blueberry smell.

JustGrowing420

Nice, nice! We want photos of plant #3 also!

If I understand correct you plan on doing another run for more selection and then breed?
So these beans are a long time from becoming available?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Frank! thanks for stopping by!

Nice, nice! We want photos of plant #3 also!

If I understand correct you plan on doing another run for more selection and then breed?
So these beans are a long time from becoming available?

hey there, yes i need to find some more good plants. I always knew that the F3s of this would take a while which is why i've been putting it off... but hopefully by later this year i'll have some seeds.
plant 3 , i'll try and get a shot. there are a few mites and thrips in the cab at the end of this grow so not every plant is quite ready for a close up lol. it looks mor along the lines of plant 5 but fewer calyxs and it looks like it might be producing a few male flowers at the top of the buds later in flower,.. the only one to do that though. so it won't be kept.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is plant 3. looks nice and frosty, smells great but i don't really like single calyx stacks for buds.... also a couple of late male flowers
BDB3nug.jpg

Dr.King

Veteran
Hey VG that looks like a very interesting pheno of the Digi. Some more pics would be great. Even though it's single stacking it looks very potent. Almost like a original BB from the early days unlike Dj shorts. More like a old school short stacking one which is also hard to come by. How are the smells BB wises compared to the f2 best Digi you had made and grown? Thanks man.

here is plant 3. looks nice and frosty, smells great but i don't really like single calyx stacks for buds.... also a couple of late male flowers

Latest posts

Latest posts