Name:	BB1tops.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	17833881Click image for larger version

Name:	BdB1above.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	370.5 KB
ID:	17833882
    My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
    -----
    To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Originally posted by VerdantGreen View Post
      ...Plant 3 (iirc) is more narrow leaf but with a fairly decent bud structure... nice fruity berry smell atm and nice colour
      Nice colour, indeed. And Plant 1 looks like she might be a quick finisher, very nice.

Peace DM
      Basement Buds in Bed

Comment

Hi all, coming up to 8 weeks... plant 1
        Click image for larger version

Name:	bdb1at8.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	17842404
        Attached Files
        My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
        -----
        To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
        Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Name:	BDB5at8.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	330.2 KB
ID:	17842412 Plant 5 has filled out and is very frosty... may be a contender. strong, almost sour, blueberry smell.
          -----
          Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Nice, nice! We want photos of plant #3 also!

If I understand correct you plan on doing another run for more selection and then breed?
            So these beans are a long time from becoming available?
            My garden

Comment

Nice job VG!

Comment

dank.Frank
                Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading as counter
                culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
                self-justifications catering to the morally
                ambiguous for the sake of the
                ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

Hey Frank! thanks for stopping by!

Originally posted by JustGrowing420 View Post
                  Nice, nice! We want photos of plant #3 also!

If I understand correct you plan on doing another run for more selection and then breed?
                  So these beans are a long time from becoming available?
                  hey there, yes i need to find some more good plants. I always knew that the F3s of this would take a while which is why i've been putting it off... but hopefully by later this year i'll have some seeds.
                  plant 3 , i'll try and get a shot. there are a few mites and thrips in the cab at the end of this grow so not every plant is quite ready for a close up lol. it looks mor along the lines of plant 5 but fewer calyxs and it looks like it might be producing a few male flowers at the top of the buds later in flower,.. the only one to do that though. so it won't be kept.

VG

-----
                  Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

here is plant 3. looks nice and frosty, smells great but i don't really like single calyx stacks for buds.... also a couple of late male flowers

Name:	BDB3nug.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	17846029
                    -----
                    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Hey VG that looks like a very interesting pheno of the Digi. Some more pics would be great. Even though it's single stacking it looks very potent. Almost like a original BB from the early days unlike Dj shorts. More like a old school short stacking one which is also hard to come by. How are the smells BB wises compared to the f2 best Digi you had made and grown? Thanks man.

Originally posted by VerdantGreen View Post
                      here is plant 3. looks nice and frosty, smells great but i don't really like single calyx stacks for buds.... also a couple of late male flowers

Name:	BDB3nug.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	17846029
                      Ace's Killer A5 - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums" https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=378507

Comment

Hi again, the smell of the BDB is pretty consistently berry, with other funk (muffin, candy) in the background and a quite common occurance (sometimes strong) of a rubber/burnt rubber smell. Number 3 has shaped up pretty well and i would be likely to include it for diversity if it didn't have late male flowers. They are probably sterile but that is one thing that i would be very reluctant to include in the mix.
                        I will keep in mind what you say about the structure being close to an early BB pheno though.. maybe i'll find a similar one without the nanners in the next round.
                        VG
                        -----
                        Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Yeah. The number 3 looks much more akin to your side of the Blueberry mother. I agree it looks like old DJ work.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. It is Chili_B's cut - and he knows it best - but when I was sorting the Digi Bx1 line for 3 years - I always tended to note, the burnt rubber coming from the more indica plants - the more broad leaf, sour bubble dominant plants. I think it's a blend of the sour and the berry that gives the burnt rubber nose. Having never grown the clone personally, I can't speak to her stem rub.

When I picked the Bx1 male, it was in part first selected for double serrations - and within Digi line crosses and outcrosses, that was a sure fire way to isolate plants that were more likely to have a very distinctive blueberry aroma on a stem rub. That had a range of intensities and muddiness and some very clear cut winners. I personally, tended to selected away from the burnt rubber as well, in my mind, selecting away from plants that held a more sour bubble terpene profile.

I'm not sure how a limited F2 selection pool will ultimately influence the over all population - but I wouldn't dismiss the advice Chili is giving in saying the burnt rubber is coming from Digi. I personally want to dig more to explore that. Meaning, I want a new selected line for outcrossing Digi to make a new Bx1 variant that is absent the Sour Bubble. It's good in one regard - because it is easy to select away from just by looking at the general size of the fan leaves - but it's also sort of a downside, because it does constantly infect and surface as heavy indica with limited branching, etc in the later generations. It means you have to hunt a whole lot more plants to see those ideal phenotypes.

At least that was my experience when sorting the Bx1 line. I also just sort of think that is the nature of the blueberry gene pool. There is a ton of dross in the genetics that just has to be filtered out over multiple generations...

dank.Frank
                          Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading as counter
                          culture cannabis enthusiasts with their thinly veiled
                          self-justifications catering to the morally
                          ambiguous for the sake of the
                          ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

Hey frank i very much appreciate the input... and the double serrations tip is a new one for me which will prove useful i'm sure
                            The Number 3 plant, i agree that the stacking is certainly present in my BB mum, but the bud structure is quite different in that the BB mum has many more 'original' calyxs in a more classic bud structure closer to plant 2 or inbetween. In plant 3 the initial bud has very few calyxs which then stack.
                            What you say about SB phenos makes me even more convinced that plant 1 is quite special because it has that structure but with a very clear BB terp profile.

Ive been thinking that if i get an out and out burnt rubber pheno i may do a separate batch of seeds with it to explore that side of the genetics a bit more.

VG
                            -----
                            Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Working...
                            X