North London White Rhino S1s - Info and grow along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North London White Rhino S1s - Info and grow along

Hi all, i have had this clone of White Rhino for a few years and have already used it in a couple of crosses (Bubba and C4DD) which i have been very pleased with. It is skunky and cheesy, smells strongly, very resinous and smokes beautifully, tasting of Moroccan hash.. very moreish !
    Ojd posted in one of my threads more recently and identified the cut as the 'North London White Rhino' - which was one of the major commercial clones being grown in that area 15-20 years ago.. and since then it has generated a lot of interest from some of the old school heads that remember it but thought it lost forever. For me this was nice to find out, as i had been told that it came from N London.. but it was already a favorite of mine anyway.

It has been difficult to reverse and produce pollen, but i have managed to make a small batch of S1s which can at least let us do some test grows whilst i make some more.

I have a couple of seedlings and there is another, larger, test grow just starting which should get posted up soon.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WRS1seedlings.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	17815179 VG
    My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
    -----
    To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

I will post some pics of the NL White Rhino here when i can get into my galleries to find them!
    Here we go. i have no great pics that i can find but this gives an idea..

Name:	WRveg.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	17816933Click image for larger version

Name:	WRscreen.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	17816934Click image for larger version

Name:	WRdone.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	17816935
    Last edited by VerdantGreen; 03-27-2021, 16:16.
    My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
    -----
    To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Originally posted by VerdantGreen View Post
      Hi all, i have had this clone of White Rhino for a few years and have already used it in a couple of crosses (Bubba and C4DD) which i have been very pleased with. It is skunky and cheesy, smells strongly, very resinous and smokes beautifully, tasting of Moroccan hash.. very moreish !
      Ojd posted in one of my threads more recently and identified the cut as the 'North London White Rhino' - which was one of the major commercial clones being grown in that area 15-20 years ago.. and since then it has generated a lot of interest from some of the old school heads that remember it but thought it lost forever. For me this was nice to find out, as i had been told that it came from N London.. but it was already a favorite of mine anyway.

It has been difficult to reverse and produce pollen, but i have managed to make a small batch of S1s which can at least let us do some test grows whilst i make some more.

I have a couple of seedlings and there is another, larger, test grow just starting which should get posted up soon.

Name:	WRS1seedlings.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	17815179 VG
      I saw that Ojd was going to release some WR crosses soon. Can't wait!

Comment

Hey DGD, i'd be interested to hear which crosses he was going to make with the WR ... we had a chat about it a while back when i passed him the cut but not heard since...
        updating post 2 with some pics
        -----
        Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Yes a very nice smoke,,,, I nicked a bit off OJ just over a week ago,,,
          Slept very well and taste took me back,,,,
          nice one VG,,,,s2

Comment

Nice one VG I’m growing a keeper out of the WR x ‘98 BBK, I’m very interested in this S1.

Comment

Looking forward to the show!

§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

— Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty

Comment

Thanks all!

Originally posted by 944s2 View Post
                Yes a very nice smoke,,,, I nicked a bit off OJ just over a week ago,,,
                Slept very well and taste took me back,,,,
                nice one VG,,,,s2
                Yeah man this cut draws all the old-school heads out of the woodwork ; )

grabbed a couple more pics... still need a pic that really does this justice. I came by the cut just after i stopped posting all my grows, so not that many pics. North London WR clone: Veg and pre-harvest shot.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	wrveg 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	220.0 KB ID:	17818568Click image for larger version  Name:	WRdone.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.1 KB ID:	17818569
                -----
                Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

I have 5 of these just getting started. Thanks VG! They will be in promix hp and hand fed gh maxi-bloom start to finish.

Comment

Thanks unreg, they looking good !
                    -----
                    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

After trying several times loading pictures this evening I give up and may try again in the morning. Had issues for a few days after the upgrade then all has been ok, now I can’t post pics because file size too big.
                      Hey VG, are you in any other forums that would be acceptable to post the grow log. I am not a member of any others but willing to explore.

Comment

At least one loaded now

Comment

Hey unreg.. yeah i have also seen a few issues with pics in the last few days after thinking i had it sorted... i'll try now in the bubba 18 thread and see if i have any luck. Plant looks good. back shortly.
                          VG
                          -----
                          Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

hi unreg... it seems to work best for me if i use the 'upload attachments' button and then chooses 'large' for the image ... (thats what i just did in the B18 thread)
                            it didnt seem to like more than 1 image per post. Sorry, there is no other forum i'm a member of like here .... hopefully we can persevere .. but yes it is a PITA !
                            VG
                            -----
                            Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X