What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics Sour A5 Haze - Testers

Bmac1

Veteran
Are you in a peat based mix throughout the entire grow?

Hey knuckles,

The mix is :

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 cu ft promix hp
2 cu ft organic compost
1 cu ft organic ewc
6 cups of charged bio char
4 liters pumice
4 liters lava rock
2-3 liters vermeculite
3 cups each of crab shell meal, kelp flour, neem meal, alfalfa meal, feather meal, fish bone meal and dried molasses.
6 cups each of basalt, oyster shell flour, gypsum, glacial rock dust and granular humic acid.
1 cup each of azomite, calcium bentonite just for shits and giggles.
1.5 cups of lanbeinite
Roughly 400 grams of bokashi bran.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
I did cut back on the langbeinite.

[/FONT]
This run I will also be using Dyna Gro Pro Tekt as well as EM 1 and fish hydrolosate. I may also brew a few teas.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

knuckles

Veteran
Hey knuckles,

The mix is :

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 cu ft promix hp
2 cu ft organic compost
1 cu ft organic ewc
6 cups of charged bio char
4 liters pumice
4 liters lava rock
2-3 liters vermeculite
3 cups each of crab shell meal, kelp flour, neem meal, alfalfa meal, feather meal, fish bone meal and dried molasses.
6 cups each of basalt, oyster shell flour, gypsum, glacial rock dust and granular humic acid.
1 cup each of azomite, calcium bentonite just for shits and giggles.
1.5 cups of lanbeinite
Roughly 400 grams of bokashi bran.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I did cut back on the langbeinite.

[/FONT]
This run I will also be using Dyna Gro Pro Tekt as well as EM 1 and fish hydrolosate. I may also brew a few teas.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
I’m doing something similar (living soil), trying a side by side with the same clone in coco vs living soil..
Do you reuse the soil?

Bmac1

Veteran
I have reused it as is. Just cut out the stump and put a new plant in. When I did recommend after the 3rd run, I added back some neem, crab shell and kelp. There was nothing scientific about it and there are much more knowledgeable people on the matter around than me but I have been enjoying organics so far.

Bmac1

Veteran
So we have 10 Sour A5 Haze to run with. Could have been 11 but one had trouble shaking the shell and just was way behind the others so in the bin it went.

They will get a week or so to build some roots in the solo cups before going into 3 gl fabric pots. I will be flipping them right away and fingers crossed for 4-6 females.

The pots will be here tomorrow and later today I will be mixing some soil for the repot. I have a batch in a SIP that was used for one run and that will be mixed with about the same amount of reammended mix. I'll wet it down with some EM1.

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
Looking good bro...

Do you find that using that dome over the seedlings helps?
How long keep it on there? About a week?

That seems like a nice soil mix...

I need to start reusing my soil... I mix up new soil for every dam run... shit gets old, ya know...!!!...
I must have at least 100-200 gallons of old used soil sitting around in my basement... most of it is still in the pots they were flowered in...!!!...
I just always get too nervous to reuse it like something won’t go right...

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Best of luck man, seems like you got a nice start! This strain sounds straight fire, I hope everything works out good and these get release one day, would love to have these in my garden :)

Anyways, pulling a chair and following along!

Bmac1

Veteran
The dome definitely helps keep the humidity up when they are brand new. I struggle to keep humidity up generally but I give them a week or 2 before taking it off and introducing the fan. I would like to avoid too much shock when I take the dome off but it has happened in the past with the suddent drop in humidity.

Bmac1

Veteran
Best of luck man, seems like you got a nice start! This strain sounds straight fire, I hope everything works out good and these get release one day, would love to have these in my garden :)

Anyways, pulling a chair and following along!

Welcome aboard.

Bmac1

Veteran
Seedlings are doing well so I decided to take the dome away and plug in the clip on fan to start getting a slight breeze on them. First pic you can see they are already starting to wilt and this is 5-6 minutes after taking the dome off and plugging the fan in. The fan is not pointed directly at them either.

This lead to the second pic where I used some solo cups to prop the dome up a bit to allow air flow but also maybe help hang on to some humidity.

Third pic is just outside the veg tent to show the door is open and I have a humidifier plugged in that is said to be suitable for 1100 sq ft. Yet I still struggle with humidity with seedlings. They will come out of it just fine and harden up but I have run into this with most seed runs I've done.

These will get till the weekend in the solos and then transferred to 3 gallon pots.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Got that one sideways again. DAMN IT BMAC! You're better than this, lol.

I'm rusty but it will get better, I promise. Exciting things to come.

nickman

Veteran
What humidity range are you shooting for??? I’m assuming seedlings like a higher humidity level...

I think my humidity levels are about 65-72% in my veg room and thats where I always grow all my seeds, right under the T5’s... inches under the T5...,,,...

Why don’t you just start them without the dome from the git so you don’t have to worry about them hardening off and what not...!!!...

There looking fine though to me ...

Bmac1

Veteran
What humidity range are you shooting for??? I’m assuming seedlings like a higher humidity level...

I think my humidity levels are about 65-72% in my veg room and thats where I always grow all my seeds, right under the T5’s... inches under the T5...,,,...

Why don’t you just start them without the dome from the git so you don’t have to worry about them hardening off and what not...!!!...

There looking fine though to me ...

Seedlings definitely like a higher humidity. I'd like to be in the 60-70% range for veg but even with the humidifier running, I will only hit 50-60 with the light on.

I may try starting some without the dome just to see.

Latest posts

Latest posts