What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stardawg x Biker Test Grow (Karma Genetics)

nickman

Veteran
I think it has a pretty good taste. A nice expansion. Hard to explain the taste though.
I like it. The beans are just about ready on the Biker Glue and Dubble RoadDawgs.
I really think they will hold something special.
I love how big and round the buds are on the RoadDawgs. Im sure they will translate well in the new crosses.

Sounds like u got some keepers in the making...!!!...
I like the names too...!!!...

Pragma

Sounds nice ODW,

Me personally, I just kill all the males and let the breeders do the breeding work.
:p

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
My RD's are at day 73 and they have clear trichs still, and are pushing out more white hairs as the tops are starting to foxtail abit.
They may be able to harvest at day 82......I hope.

EastCoast710

I got a few strains that foxtail a bit. I don't mind it honestly as long as its not too much were it makes it hard to trim.. a little foxtailing is fine for me

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Oh....Im not complaining....believe me. Im gratefull to run this strain as a tester for Karmas crew. This strain is gonna be the easiest strain Ive ever trimmed in my life.
Theres basically 0 sugar trim on the leaves. All the sugar is on the buds.....where it should be.

I was just pointing out the fact that when you think they're about done, they're not.

They still have some whispies to grow out, fattening up to do, and trichs to turn cloudy.
These are gonna go 12 weeks to get all cloudy trichs.
You should see the floppy mess I have on my hands. LOL!
No screens. Barely any stakes. Just plants laying over plants, holding eachother up.
I cant believe the size of these buds on such skinny stems.
ITS MADNESS I TELL YA! MADNESS! :smokeit:

Pragma

You should see my plants. I will take pics asap. I saw them today and shat bricks.
The calyxes have started to swell and there seems to be way more resin on them visible, perhaps as the resin turns milky. Stems are indeed a bit then but should still be okay with my scrog. The bud size is extremely impressive for how small these plants were flipped, almost no veg.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Sounds nice ODW,

Me personally, I just kill all the males and let the breeders do the breeding work.
:p

I used to, but Ive found over the years, like the GG#4 was accidentally made, that some of the best smoke Ive had has been a pollin chuck, or an accidental cross from an unseen bottom male sack on a female plant.
So Ive adopted the policy that, I try and make some beans on either a plant or 2, or atleast a branch, every grow.
I like to put a few 2 gln pots around the outside of the garden with new seed plants from the beans I made.
Im def not a breeder by any means. But I have a passion for popping new F1 hybrid beans. Its a sickness. :biggrin:

Pragma

But I have a passion for popping new F1 hybrid beans. Its a sickness. :biggrin:

Hehe I can understand. I like to do the same but with S1 seeds whenever one of my cuts herms due to an accident.
I have a ton of Stardawg#6 self seeds that I'm itching to pop so I agree it can be addictive :D
Stardawg#6x#8 as well :D

Pragma

I saw them again yesterday and holy shit.

As far as looks go this strain is up there with the best. The plants are almost full bud, no leaf. This is something I had been looking for. The resin coverage on pheno #1 is insane !!!
Thanks Karma !

The stems are indeed on the thinner side but damn are they carrying some oversized bud. Definitely a plant for SCROG or something similar for support but well worth it.

I'll try my best to take some great pics tomorrow :)

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Definitely a plant for ScrOG grows.
The bottom stuff is tiny. The tops are where the golfballs are at.
It was the easiest strain Ive ever had to trim. Take off the fans, and the 2 tiny ones under each budsite, and its done. LOL!
Great smell. Great taste. The 12 weeks flowering time on these are too long for my needs though. Im sure some are done at 11....but mostly 12 weekers over here in this batch of beans.
I got tons of Sour Dubb x RoadDawg beans to look through and personally cant wait!

Pragma

#1 Day65:
CeDwDtI.jpg

raIWJhz.jpg

kL14mDC.jpg

Pragma

#3 Day 65:
P3W1G8Q.jpg

dm2UjXp.jpg

QPcBL6Y.jpg

I'll have to disagree with the bottom buds being small. As you can see even the bottom toothpick sized stems have MASSIVE golfballs on them.

I'll try to take better pics with the scrog taken off before harvest in a few days :)

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Love it.

Looking like i would love to come smoke that when done. Ha ha

Happy new year.

Pragma

Haha.
You guys are too kind :).

I don't think I did that good of a job growing these out but mostly because I didn't veg them out long enough but thats okay it was either this or have the thread wait another month or two for the next cycle.

Speaking of which, the next batch is already 20 or so days in flower and are fully vegged into a scrog so we will see their true potential hopefully. I will start documenting them as of next week.

I will also take pre-chop pics of the dawgs with the scrog taken off for hopefully better pictures as these aren't that great imho.

Don't forget I still have 4 more phenos to go through :D

S

sourpuss

Nice lookin girl u got there!! Def like the bud structure im seeing... looks tight!!!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Ive said what I like about it, but there are some negatives.

The flowers are light in weight. A 1/4 oz looks huge in the bag.
I grew in 7gln pots and only yielded around 35 grams per plant.
I am disappointed with the yields weight, since I vegged for a good long time and they were very healthy when up-potted.
I was hoping for 2+ ounces off each of 6 plants, which would be 12 ounces.... but only got 6+ ounces.

The plants got topped once and the bottom side branches grew to basically be tops.
I thought Ide get much more product from the longer veg time and bigger pots but it didnt happen.

The RD#4 which looked sativa dom, doesnt smell or taste nearly as good as the RD#3.
Im gonna keep the RD#3 for future pollin chuckin', but Im not gonna grow these out again.
Not enough yield, and too long of a flowering time.
The final product, may be good smoke, but its not good enough to flower the extra month.
A great thing is, that the plants are stable. Not 1 hermi sack.

I think the StarDawg and the Biker may be better by themselves?
Atleast they look better in the pics anyways.
Do you find the same negatives and positives as me Pragma?

I know you said you disagree with the bottom buds being small. But other than that, any thoughts?
Im just trying to be as honest as possible. I atleast owe Karma that for allowing me to be a tester.

Latest posts

Latest posts