What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crooked8 Tests Karma/Hortilab Genetics Starbud sister x biker and sour power x biker

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks bud im happy with them. Having 9 stable non hermy females to play with is a blessing. This is my favorite thing ive tested so far.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah she is amazing. Shes got the stink, the look and the yield. Taste tests are going to be super fun. The next flood tray i run is going to be crazy once i load it with these girls. They are taking a long time to reveg. Nomal growth hasnt occurred yet. Ill snap a pic of all the young moms soon. Thanks for the compliments ga.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So i decided ill wait until 63 days to take them. Which is rapidly approaching. Smells are changing, as expected, the nose is becoming more fuely to lemon dependong on pheno. The one ss x b still has that skunk smell. The moms are re vegging well. Ill be transplating them from solo cups to 2 gal pots soon. Then they will explode and i can pheno hunt through the hydro examples. Super stoked. Karma OG is coming soon as well. Cant wait to run them. Elite genetics on deck!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are the 9 "moms" they are kind of in a weird re veg state. its taking a long time for them to resume normal leaf patterns. They'll be fine though.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had to pull

Had to pull

Well we are 9 weeks in and i really have been cramped on space. I pulled the 9 phenos although a few of them could have used another week or two.
Well start with the 4 star bud sis x biker plants.
SS x B #1
picture.php
picture.php

SS x B #2 (best yielder)
picture.php
picture.php

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now on to the Sour Power Biker phenos
SP x B #1(purple hues, candied smell)
picture.php
picture.php

Sp x B #2
picture.php

Sp x B #3
picture.php
picture.php

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SP x B #4
picture.php

Sp x B #5 (best SP pheno for sure)
picture.php
picture.php

I wish i had more space/time to let these ripen. They all have strong terp profiles. Im sure they are far along enough for me to detect which ones ill be keeping. A few of them i already know don't make the cut. I initially wanted to keep one elite pheno of each, however, ill need to do a hydro test for at least 4 of these it seems. Next update will be dried photos with 9 smoke reports. Most of them seem like great OG representation. Lemon to fuel smells from pretty much all of them. My hands reek of OG. :tiphat:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, i dont grow in soil other than to do test runs like this. Anything i would do in hydro would blow these results out of the water and everything would have been riper. With that said, i think differences in some phenos are very dramatic. The starbud sister plants univerally made heavier tighter buds that ripened faster. Theyre all on the skunkier fuel side if things. The sour power were on the lemony side of things and had smaller buds. I think all of the starbud sis phenos have the potential to yield very very well. As for the sour power phenos id say that #4 and #5 could yield very well, the others are medium yielders. If yield is your main goal, go with the starbud sis x biker.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think a gram per watt is achivable with the starbud sis phenos and more like 1.25-1.75 #s per light of the sour power.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
hey 8

thanks for the update pic look class

im about to harvest etc my sister x biker looks like a good yield

good luck with the og

thanks
GA

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a lot of fun with these so far thanks GA. One of them has a tangerine smell. Cant wait to see them in hydro. Now if only these moms could resume veg growth so i can take some cuts!!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke report!

Smoke report!

After a lengthy and tasty session here is my report.
picture.php

Starbud sis x biker #1
picture.php
picture.php

Hashy, sugary, lemon lime finish. High yield. Not a keeper
Starbud sis x biker #2
picture.php

picture.php

Very og in flavor, great lemon fuel notes. High yield, and a keeper.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Starbud sis x biker #3
picture.php

Tangie type of pheno. For sure tangerine citrus flavors, also sugary with a nice sweet citrusy finish that lingers, also high yield. Keeper
Starbud sis x biker #4
picture.php

Road kill pheno. Very og, citrus, sulphur, gasoline burnt rubber smells and flavors. Medium plus yielder. Keeper, and my favorite of all of these testers.