What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma in the Patch 2021

Tynehead Tom

Well I hope ya'all don't mind but I've got a lot of Karma gear and some crosses in the greenhouse this season so why not do a little thread eh?
I am a fully licensed medical grower with outdoor plant counts of 29 medical , 4 recreational (110 indoor)
Due to my short season @52N 3000ft on the Chilcotin Plateau in western Canukistan, I start my plants indoors under 1000w halides and sexing is pretty much done by the time they get chosen for the greenhouse. I manually light dep my plants by hand bombing them into a shed that the greenhouse is attached to. I keep things simple, bordering on ghetto .... but simple gets it done.
I use the water only Tom Hill basic recipe for my outdoor soils
I've been playing around with Biker KushV1 and have taken the 4original packs I bought, and thru selection I am now into F3 and starting to make some crosses .... but that's for a different thread.

I have in the garden:
4 Headbanger from the first beans released
3 Skullcap
2 24K
Click image for larger version  Name:	06-20-2021 The Karma Patch - Copy.JPG Views:	7 Size:	153.6 KB ID:	17882956

I have 2 tall phenos of Headbanger and 2 short phenos. I topped one of each and let the others go au natural.
Click image for larger version  Name:	06-20-2021 Headbanger tall pheno - Copy.JPG Views:	6 Size:	157.3 KB ID:	17882957 Click image for larger version  Name:	06-20-2021 Headbanger short pheno - Copy.JPG Views:	6 Size:	155.5 KB ID:	17882958

Then there is my keeper Old Grandpa Scratch I call Precious....... out of 52 seeds she was unique from all others so she is special hehehe
Click image for larger version  Name:	06-20-2021 Old Grandpa Scratch precious cut - Copy.JPG Views:	6 Size:	159.4 KB ID:	17882959

and Old Grandpa Scratch , Precious cut F2 (on the left)..... and This one is selected for similarity to the mother. And I picked this Biker Kush V1F3 (on the right) to see how she does this season. I have 3 or 4 Biker V1F3 in my indoor flower room with a few weeks to go yet so when they are done I'll post some pics,
Click image for larger version  Name:	06-20-2021 Old Grandpa Scratch Precious F2 and Biker V1F3 - Copy.JPG Views:	6 Size:	149.6 KB ID:	17882960

Can't wait to see how these plants perform this year and thankyou Karma for the awesome beans you make. Takes medicine to a whole nuther level.

Tynehead Tom

Outdoor Karma grow. Cool.

ya man it should be fun growing these out.
I suppose my method is kind of Hybrid of Indoor/Greenhouse due to the 10 to 12 weeks of indoor veg and they go from the greenhouse into a dark room in a building for light dep so night time is technically indoors with fans controlling humidity at night.
This set up has worked really well for me in the past few seasons so no reason to change.
The plants are all super healthy and all have real nice structure so they should all easily conform to my methods and push through to a solid finish if the weather cooperates.

Tynehead Tom

yes it is smokin hot here for the past 5 or 6 days with temps hitting 44C on monday with a 41 average high the past 6 days.
Today is supposed to be the last day of 40's and then back down to 30C highs.
The plants are loaded with calcium which helps protect them somewhat and it seems to be working as the plants haven;t skipped a beat.
One of my female Headbangers turned out to be a boy..... sure fooled me. Nice plant, great structure and a real sticky stem rub. Nice plant but I only want the girls.

once this heat wave ends I need to get back on my IPM and tying and training.
Today is day 10 of light dep and the girls are starting to show nicely.

I'll update with pics in a few days.

Tynehead Tom

well..... we are in dire straits here in the BC interior with crazy temperatures setting records .
Massive storm came through today and the thunder never stopped..... still hasn't
Dry lightning is starting fires all around us and there is a steady stream of air craft shaking the walls of my house as they descend onto the lake a few hundred yards below us.
It is a surreal scene here and we are at this very moment taking a quick break from packing the camper and gathering all our essentials that insurance can't replace.

hopefully we do not get evacuation orders but the closest fire is less than 15 miles away.
An entire town called Lytton BC just got burned off the map with very little time for anyone to evacuate. There will be casualties there is no doubt.

so ..... maybe I'll be back with updates,,,,, maybe I won't.......

Tynehead Tom

My sincerest apologies for starting a thread I will not be able to finish.
The Deka Lake fire almost pushed us out..... at the same time the watch lake fire was an ever present concern.
The smoke and temperatures in the mid 40C reaked havoc on the plants and I called in a brother to come with a trailer and rescue what we could to a patch down in the vancouver area.
As for me..... I am trimming 4 bikers an old grandpa scratch.... and old grandpa scratch (precious cut 1) x Darlins Net (named ripsaw for the heavy double serrations on every leaf.) I just call it OGSDN.
These were done under a 1000w and sorry I don't have time for pics.

Last night the Flat Lakes fire blew up and out of control and we are in harms way again. 5km away they are doing tactical evacuations of nearly 5000 properties.
We were put on Evacuation Alert once again , at 11 a.m. this morning

So , I'm sorry.... and embarrassed..... that i will not be completing this greenhouse grow but I will try and pick up the pieces indoors once this hell burns out.
We will be safe, we are fully insured and stuff we can't replace is still packed from the evac alerts of a couple weeks ago.

cheers.... till next time..... I just leave you all with this

Grateful Dead - Touch Of Grey (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Stay safe, can always grow another day, keep your seeds save.

this thread should be the least of your worries.

Bmac1

Veteran
Stay safe out there Tom. Our province is on fire right now and the fire season is really just starting. Whats scary is that we are already at peak season numbers.

Tynehead Tom

thanx for the words of support, appreciate that,

There is an overlay for google earth called MODIS , do a search for canada wildfire google earth map and you will find it. They are KML or KMZ files you download and then open. It will open google earth and the MODIS overlays will be in your my places folder down at the bottom. Anyhow, when this opens in google earth you can see all of canada's wildfires that are 200hectares or larger. It also updates every 15 minutes (?) might be every half hour. Uses a satellite that measure surface temperature and I have found it to be the most accurate way to track a fire.

anyhow.... Still under evacuation alert orders here but I think the situation is improving somewhat. Sucks though as my wife was evacuated as essential services due to her position at the local hospital, which is now empty except for emergency ward and triage center.
So it's just me and the dog and the chickens.. LOL
I will go down and visit my plants in a week or so. I'm told they survived the 5 hour trip and although some of the bud hairs browned off here n there the plants seem happy in thier new digs. Will be interesting to see how they do considering they went from 51.5N 3000 feet in elevation down to 49N 100ft above sea level. If I manage to make the trip I'll throw up some pics.

Tynehead Tom

My friend looking after my plants sent me this pic today of one of the Skullcap ladies crowns..... ain't she gorgeous at day 57
08-01-2021 Skullcap pic 2 - Copy.JPG

Tynehead Tom

The rains finally came and things have returned to normal around here I guess. Some people are still on evac orders and alerts but we are no longer.
I went down and harvested my first group of plants which included the two skullcaps that were purpling as they ripened. They were ready at 60 days
I loaded the plants up and brought them all home..... these girls have had some pretty bad stress but we got them to the finish line LOL
So I still have 2 Headbangers, 2 24K White and 1 Skullcap that is a green pheno expressing no purple.
It's interesting the purpling skullcaps as the color was streaking in the calyxes and coloring the undersides of the leaves but not so much the top surface of the leaves.
I'll have some smoke and reports when all is cured but the weather changes so fast here and crazy as it sounds, we will be down to +2 celcius overnight.....
So while I want to wait a full ten weeks on these girls.... to avoid mold of any kind getting a foothold and destroying these lovely girls, they will be getting harvested over the next few days.

First the 2 24K white. The smells are like funky tangerine
Click image for larger version  Name:	08-22-2021 24K White #2 pic 1 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	17925261

Click image for larger version  Name:	08-22-2021 24K White #2 pic 1 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	17925261

Latest posts

Latest posts