Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leb29s auto/semi/photo?

Hello esben or somebody whos familliar to the strain LEB29s
    I have a few questions about it because its part of my current crossing project.
    So i need to shorten down the flowering time of my strains by a few weeks.
    Now i wanted to take a leb29s, hit some strains with its pollen and look for fast flowering outcome.
    later i wanted to backcross or reverse some of the faster flowering girls to lock the early flowering traits.

now my question:
    I have germinated 3 Leb 29s, germinated VERY fast and full of vigor!
    now i am vegging them for 3weeks from seed and two of the 3 plants looking like twins and are already starting to flower!
    under 19h of light!

Is this light sensitive or is this autoflowering?

if it is light sensitive i can take it to backcross because outcome wont become autoflowering.
    but if its autoflower i can use it only once and later i would reverse the fast girls, to avoid autoflowering seeds.

need fast flowering not auto at the end...

thanks and cheers

here is my thread
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=345433

besides leb29s I am also very interested in Wild Munk2014 wich you gave me as freebee(thank you)!

are these strains are free from autoflowering genes or not?

i have still no Private Messages due to low post count, will change that soon

Comment

today i can see a small forming of male balls at the third plant, it is completely different from nr1 and nr2 wich are twins, look more indica from the leaf and stature from what i can say from a 3-4weeks old plant... nr3 is small only 1/2 halt the size of 1and2 and has SATIVA leaning leaves!
      it´s still very fast and all my other seedlings are FAAAAAr from flowering, man i have 20h lights on!! I have never had a regular seedling flower after 3-4weeks from germ in a towel under 20h of light and plenty of lumens not really rootbound yet and all 3/3 seem to be freaking sensitive or autoflowering?
      I hope esben or will read this post and can throw in his opinion!

Comment

Most of HFH´s gear is semiauto/very early photos. They have a very high tendency to ´auto´ indoors, even under 21-24 hour lights. They will also ´auto´ if the pot is starting to get rootbound. And they will also have a tendency to flower as soon as you move them outdoor from the indoor environment, because of the shift in light hours and intensity. Also, they have a tendency to hermie under CFL and HPS lights because of the lack of IR. It is because these strains have been bred outdoor only.

If you aren´t discouraged already and still want to experiment indoor with these strains:

- big pots
        - make sure to use lights with IR (most cheap blurple lights have IR)
        - make sure to time indoor and outdoor light schedules as much as possible.

This is why the HFH site explicitly states that growing these strains indoors is not recommended. They are bred outdoor and ment for outdoor growing. Many of the real landrace strains will give you the same headaches if growing them indoors for the first time, but these tendencies have been bred out a long time ago.

Comment

sorry to see h4h go out of biz. selling remaining gear. glad i got some to play with.

Comment

what happened to HFH?
            wish you all the best and here is a picture of danish gold (2015/2016) outdoors
            https://www.weedforum.eu/wietforum/g...93-dnish-gold/

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinpie eyes View Post
              sorry to see h4h go out of biz. selling remaining gear. glad i got some to play with.
              they're still around, if you look on the hfh facebook page there's an explanation that there's apparently some drama between esben and the guy who operated the webshop, so it's just that webshop shutting down, but not hfh itself.

Comment

Good to know. Yeah, drama....it's alive and well here, too. Hoping esbe can continue his venture.
                ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                sigpic

Comment

So it is impossible to pregro them before plan out ? is that what you saying ?
                  What would be the best sowing technique for these HFH strain in Denmark climate ?

Comment

I pregrwo esbe's genetics under fluorescent lamps before I put them outddors. For this I use the light cycle at the time of mid May in my region without any issues! I have seen others in Europe who sow seeds directly into mother nature's soil - with mixed results. It depends on how many seeds you have at your disposal

Comment

Sounds good but risky in my opinion, because they need special spectrum as the NordGen guy said above. doesnt they ?
                      How long you veg and what size container and also watts per baby ?
                      And what strains were the successful ones ?

Originally posted by japdam View Post
                      I pregrwo esbe's genetics under fluorescent lamps before I put them outddors. For this I use the light cycle at the time of mid May in my region without any issues! I have seen others in Europe who sow seeds directly into mother nature's soil - with mixed results. It depends on how many seeds you have at your disposal

Comment

I am an outdoor guy and I can tell you, I have never had big issues with my pre-grows in the last years using hfh genetics (leb, but also super wild, royal dane, erdspurt, guerilla gold). Cannot recall the precise spectrum of my fluorescent lamps, but it lives up to the typical low-budget standard for pre-growing these beautiful plants. Imho I don’t see any severe risks, if you pre-grow them for 1 to 2 months indoor in ~1-litre pots due to their semiauto flowering traits. Yes, they can get stressed every now and then e.g. if they get rootbound (agree with northerngenetics in this regard), I had only 1 or 2 cases like that, but the plants always returned to their vegetative cycle; males appeared to be more prone to this (never experimented with breeding). However, I consider hfh genetics as easy-to-grow, self-supporting plants and perfectly adapted to northern outdoor grows. I never felt like taking a huge risk because of their auto-traits. If I had the chance, I would love to grow hfh beans on my veranda or balcony in middle sized pots without pre-growing them under artificial lights. I think that would suit the character of the plants the most

Comment

Originally posted by japdam View Post
                          I am an outdoor guy and I can tell you, I have never had big issues with my pre-grows in the last years using hfh genetics (leb, but also super wild, royal dane, erdspurt, guerilla gold). Cannot recall the precise spectrum of my fluorescent lamps, but it lives up to the typical low-budget standard for pre-growing these beautiful plants. Imho I don’t see any severe risks, if you pre-grow them for 1 to 2 months indoor in ~1-litre pots due to their semiauto flowering traits. Yes, they can get stressed every now and then e.g. if they get rootbound (agree with northerngenetics in this regard), I had only 1 or 2 cases like that, but the plants always returned to their vegetative cycle; males appeared to be more prone to this (never experimented with breeding). However, I consider hfh genetics as easy-to-grow, self-supporting plants and perfectly adapted to northern outdoor grows. I never felt like taking a huge risk because of their auto-traits. If I had the chance, I would love to grow hfh beans on my veranda or balcony in middle sized pots without pre-growing them under artificial lights. I think that would suit the character of the plants the most
                          They grow will in 19+ liter (5-7 gallon) pots/containers. Always enjoyed growing Hybrid's work!!

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                          "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                          We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

sigpic

Comment

Sounds cool, but would it be possible to pregrow these genetics RGSC style in small jiffy peat pots for 2 weeks under t5's ?
                            Because RGSC been doing it with GGold and other semi auto type strains with great success although some of them tend to auto.

Comment

They work ok using 12/12 like you would for photoperiods. Have grown umpteen photos from germination to harvest that way. Are you going to set them outside later?

Jiffy pots are notoriously hot due to the peat (or source of their peat). Better to do a different seedling start. Good luck!

afterthought autos

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X