Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breeding with HFH gear for a serious wet & rainy northern climate, Lat 58

Hi,

As I live in Sweden at N58Lat, at Swedens rainiest province, I need some seriously mold resistant strains that are both early and somewhat stable.

But, as HFH often don´t show what the genetics of the strains is, it´s hard to judge if they will fit my project more than the somewhat short description on the HFH site.

The strains I though would be usable are theese, could you guys who has grown them give me some leading and advice?

I am thinking of using:

Monk
    Leb 27 v2
    Guerilla Gold #1

I do have quite an good stock of different strains that works in Denmark and UK, I also got several Finnish strains that most definately will fit my project, they do lack potency and that is what I hope the HFH genes could give my project.

My thought is to do a X-way cross of different genes I have,all good at different things, but I dont have the high potency genes.

What is the strongest strain HFH has to offer that still is early and mould resistant?

As Im breeding, I also would like to know what the strains are made up of, like the Monk who´s got my attention hard?

What strain, if we forget the mould resistance and early finishing time is the most potent one?

Sorry for my somewhat seriuosly lousy english..

Best wishes, sibbeli dong dong
    Organic/Veganic grower of all sorts of edibles, in ground and pots, for sale. Loves growing CB but can't at the moment but living soil works pretty well with other plants, btw

I would say sativa dominant genes, open bud structure means less likely to rot and if it does you will lose less. Haze especially is very mold and pm resistant. So hashplant2 it contains amnesia, or one of the hp x sativa crosses they have on the site now would be my choice.

Comment

You ever consider adding some Guerrilla Gold genes into your program.....early finishing with great mold resistance.........Might be smething to look into.

Goodluck my friend.

Danny

Comment

Got GG#1 and GG#2.

Got RD, DP, Nepal, NDB, Rocket Chunk, well, a hell of alot of strains, probably 30+ strains, but i´m wanting something from HFH especially and it looks to be hashplant and Monk
        Organic/Veganic grower of all sorts of edibles, in ground and pots, for sale. Loves growing CB but can't at the moment but living soil works pretty well with other plants, btw

Comment

I´m going to do my own Royal Nepal.Out of my selection criterias, and, ofcourse to see what i´m able of to create

Comment

Well, Esben is THE guy. Have been in contact with him, and ended up being so that I´ll be testing a lot of his varietys at N58, Both at a real soggy area with much rain and also at a climate representative of most of Southern Sweden.
            I will also breed them, what with what will come later, and also a thread here ofcourse.

My breeding will be focused on early strains that is able to be grown here, and I will also work on trying to get some of the later hybrids earlier, but that will most likely take som years before they are as early as I need them to be to be a strain that will finish every year as we have very different falls, some years a late october finish is OK, other years a late September finish is on the margin of what is OK.

I´m hoping for another year like -14 as that will make the late work against early alot easier.

I hope to have some Good Luck with me!

Comment

Dude, you got GG#1??? Where the heck did ya find that?

Ive got the GG2 and GG3......getin the GG5 soon.....But can't find GG1 anywhere?

I like the sounds of your project so far, keep up the good work!

Danny

Comment

Sounds like fun, if you plant enough of each variety you'll surely end up with specimens that have all the right defenses and finish early enough. Good luck

Amnesia x hash plant is right up my alley, I love haze hybrid potency and outdoor hardiness, might try some inbreeding with this strain to find the most hazey/potent/early ones.
                The lebanese on the other hand looks like great material for crossing anything to it, from equatorial sativa's to indoor strains...

Comment

@danny, check out esbe´s recent hfh deal for GG#1

Comment

Erdbeer is an extremely mold resistant variety...rock hard strawberry buds, the rain just rolls off them !

Comment

i found GG#1 F9 at a Danish Forum, bred from F7-F9 in Finland by SF here in this site, seedheaven isthe site where you can buy them, this isn´t breaking an policy on icmag, right?

Comment

Sprinkl, You hit the nail on the spot..

Something very close to that will be done.. Hp2 to be an early strain, might not be able to do this without infusing some earlier genes to it, but this is not project that will be ready in the fall, no way. More like in 3-5 years as i want it to be somewhat stable too, and a secure September finisher for me at 57 +-1 Lat.

Comment

I also think that Esben´s GG is the #3, but I´m not shure at that.. Ask him.

Comment

@bigbag, I had quite a few mole problems last year with the erdbeer strain (green and black pheno, at 54lat). However it is still an recommendable strain with a distinct taste and interesting appearance but mean yield.

@Sibili
                            I also think that Esben´s GG is the #3
                            How do you know? The HFH description tells us it´s a GG#1.

Comment

Working...
                            X