Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costs of organic small breeders prices???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costs of organic small breeders prices???

What do you guys think how i should price my seeds. Take into account that they are organic non-feminised seeds (thinking i may need to do to keep some cash flow coming in) and are from some very special plants. 1 of the P1 perant plants are commercially available but most of the others are rare or no longer exist.

I like to keep my prices low so £40 a pack i think it acceptable for my premiem seeds and £25 for a mixed bag of some of my best work which all sold out like trainwreck, cheese hybrids, mexican hybrids and plenty of pure landrace plants like my durban poison, colombian gold, original haze and some pure indicas from mazar-i-shariff(could have some sativa in this 1) and the hindu kush then east to pakistan and the indian .

I've got a lot of pure landrace vars from africa and zamal which is off the african coast, 4-5 from south america and a few differant vars from central america, guatamala, 2-3 mexicans Its a very slow process to grow out and choose viable plants which will complement each other then having to grow a lot out to test the cross for good disirable traits so were possible i will ask PANIKZ to send out freebies of new hybrids with each purchase.

Anyway i hope you guys still have faith in my seeds.
    Plant a Seed
    &
    Free The Weed

https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/crazy-x-seeds/

nevermind.
    Proud to be an indoor sativa masochist.

Still adrift in Hilbert space.

Comment

I'm gunna preface this, with I am not familiar with your work, so I am speaking philosophically.

IMHO, how long the mother takes to mature her seed and how many good seeds she can make is more representative of what the price should be vs the means of nutrition for the seeds (as your count of good seeeds goes up with proper nutritions).

reason being, your time, the electricity and space vastly outvalue/outcost the minor differnces from blooming for flower and blooming for seed organicially.

as for "rare" on the market, personally a personal track record and selection capablities slightly outweigh rarity, but does not discount them.

as for a range of pricing.. I'd take price of some rarer drops as the high end, like some of DJ's limited drops, Karma's work with A5 haze, and Duke's gear and use those prices as an upper limit. For your lower limit Look at stuff that Beanhoarder, or Kc Brains.

Find a middle ground in that area that makes sense and works for you as a baseline.
      the varities that are plentiful and fast you can make cheaper or make the seed packs larger. for stuff that takes longer or isn't as bountiful up the price a little or reduce the seeds in a pack.

£40 for a 10+ regs is a pretty good deal, not spectactular but not exspensive by any means. half that count and you still likely will get sales but a few more raised eyebrows and likely a few more questions about testgrows ect.

I presonally think you've got room to increase price for longer less plentyful seed runs. and you likely have room to cut on some faster stuff. just my 2cents.

cheers

Comment

I think i've got my prices about right for this first batch as i'm not a greedy person and have never really been in it for the money.I was using seedbay from around when it started and 50% goes to seedbay so i only make half and i always send in freebies of new hybrids so the feedback is from you and other like you who buy mine and others seeds as its the best way to get a lot grown out which i can't do being a small boutique breeder.

matt
        Plant a Seed
        &
        Free The Weed

Comment

Can you tell us more about your South American lines? Still got the BSC's Colombian Gold? Do you ever plan to release any pure landraces?

Comment

I'm hoping to release a very small batch of Zamal.Thay are the hardest seed to get started, I've had them sitting in wet paper towels for 4-5 weeks with no luck so i got the sandpaper out and skuffed the edges of the 5, and 3 have now sprouted after 3 days so fingers crossed i'll get some seeds out of them. I'm also hopeing to get some columbian gold started as well,i've got 3 differant CG's from differant sources including BSC and they'll sprout no problem. I've also got some columbian black which i've not even got around to trying myself as i've got 15-20 landrace strains from all over the world mainly from other collectors with a few from places like the real seed company and african seeds when they were around in the 90's. I'm in the UK so its hard to do large scale grows so it takes a longer time to get things done.
            Anyway i hope to get a few more pure landrace strains out to the public but at the moment i've only got hybrids up on seedbay like malonica which is a chronic x malawi gold which grows some very fat nuggets, same with my big haze also a chronic x original haze , by crossing it with chronic the yields are a lot better then original haze which is 1 of the lowest yielding and longest flowering plants out there at 24 weeks. I've got it down to around 13 weeks.
            Plant a Seed
            &
            Free The Weed

Comment

Good luck with the Zamal! heard many a tale of what a pain she is to work with.

Comment

What do you call your brand?

Just found you on Seedbay. Couldn't find descriptions for your products.
                Last edited by Fixer; 07-04-2020, 19:05.
                Specs for the New Growroom

Comment

price is right imo for hybrids, hybrids are nice.. for beans like zamal you should charge more imo. more work, no? and genetics of high value in pure form. any plans to release pure durban or even colombian gold?
                  If all things were turned to smoke, the nostrils would distinguish them.

Comment

Yes i've got plans to make limited amounts of all my landrace varieties but these things take time, some of the equatorial NLD types (sativas) take 4-6 months of growth to mature even before they'll think about flowering which can take another 25 weeks in some cases as they only have 2 season wet n dry. The original Haze IBL has these growth traits. That is why i outcrossed the males to a few differant chronic females to bulk out and lower the flowering time which i succeeded to do with the F1 Big haze.
                    Plant a Seed
                    &
                    Free The Weed

Comment

Working...
                    X