Kov grows Crazy Monks gear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kov grows Crazy Monks gear...

It's been ages since I made a thread here on icmag, but Leptosoma has been super generous to me with his genetics over the years, so I feel compelled to make it up for him and write about his genes I grow.

BUT...this thread is not meant to be a praise, we're gonna grow and see. If the beans are jewel I'll praise, if they're shit I'll call them that.

I mostly grow from seed, but never grown feminised, mostly because I'm an old fart and very reluctant to succumb to manipulated genetics. Since I got me some room for experiments recently, maybe now's a good time...

here's what my postman brought me recently:

On the 08.11.2014 I put three of each in water:

3 x Abusive cheese
    3 x Abusive blues
    3 x Abusive psycho

on the 9th and 10th they all cracked and got transferred to soil. Today on the 11th two Abusive blues came out of soil. I'm super impressed about the two, I usually see the sprouts above soil in 5-7 days, three days from seed is really something...

OK, will update the thread sometimes with some pics, but don't expect too much feedback, I'm way too busy to write everyday

cheers and until a next time! kov
    kov's outdoor 2006

kov grows Crazy Monk's gear

Hello Kov !

I feel really honored that first thread after so long time gonna be about my seeds, thanks bro!

I hope that after you'll grow and smoke some of those fems you might grow some more in future They are not so bad if done well, but of course it's always safer to keep an eye fems.

Can't wait to see your plants, many blessings!

peace

Comment

Yeah! Nice to see some more Abusive Strains coming from the Master!
      I tried to stop smoking but the weed didn’t listen

I'm the original Dr. Green-thumb; the rest are liars
      I'm the one with the prescription to get you higher
      I got every type of weed that you might desire

When you was inside watching Netflix
      I was in the crop house wiring electrics

Sometimes people get more high on stories than plants

sigpic

Das maximale Volumen subterraner Agrarprodukte ist reziprok proportional zur intellektuellen Kapazität des Produzenten

Life is better than you can even imagine.
      Life is everything.
      Life is love.

I'm free from your spell
      Oh I'm free, free, free now
      I'm free from your spell
      And now that it's all over
      All I can do is wish you well
      • Plants require 18 essential nutrients to grow and survive, classified by their importance into macronutrients (C, H, O, N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S) and micronutrients (B, Cu, Fe, Mn, Zn, Mo, Cl, Co, Ni). Study Tip!

• Nutrients may be mobile or immobile in the plant and in the soil, which influences redistribution of nutrients and display of deficiency symptoms, and the fertilization of crops.

Comment

The seedlings transferred from fluoro to a box with HPS. I planted a couple more just in case, they will go to a friend of mine. All the ones planted in the bigger pots have been plucked once to grow 4 to 6 tops. May be a bit crowded when flowered. they will stay in veg for a while before put to flower. The vigor is there, no irregularities, good job until now Lepto my friend.

kov's outdoor 2006

Comment

After 10 days a vigorous growth, thick wide leafs, thick stems, still not stretching very healthy Couple of days flowering but all plants declared female now.

cheers! Kov

kov's outdoor 2006

Comment

Nice grow kov. All the best to You and ya girls.

Na zdrowie!

Comment

About one month into flowering. Things look good! Ladies still stretching, they are tall now, about 1,2m and a little bit too crowded, but otherways very healthy and vigorous, starting to smell nice too!

So, here's a pic of the box right before lights on:

And three of the seven plants taken out for a short walk.

Abusive cheese:

Abusive blues:

Abusive psycho:

Cheers and until a next time!
              kov
              kov's outdoor 2006

Comment

OK here we go, 7 weeks into flowering. All the plants fattening up vigorously. I think 3-4 more weeks and we'll be ready to harvest. Upon opening the box, there's a very strong pungent smell of tropical fruit. Thank god for good filtering! No signs of any deficiencies, good pre fertilized soil and wormcastings fluid fertilizer once in a while always does the job.

the buds are not too large, but very solid, resin very sticky on my fingers, smells like heaven :-) Looks like there's not much trimming going to be done upon harvest, which I like a lot!

A picture taken just before light switching on:

kov's outdoor 2006

Comment

9 weeks into flowering, the buds still fatten up nicely. I think another 2-3 weeks to go. There's no sign of any deficiencies,the plants are all not very sensitive to nutes, don't have any special needs. There's no sign of over- or under feeding. The bud's not too big but rock solid, very enjoyable and trouble free grow. I feel it's going to be a top notch smoke. BUT..the smell is overpowering, it started to leak outside of the box, I had to urgently change my 10 month old filter to avoid suspicion in the area. If you're planning to grow these, especially in a city, make sure your filtering is fresh, and additional smell neutralisation ready for emergencies.

here's some current pics of the buds.

kov's outdoor 2006

Comment

Looks tasty fella
                    sigpic

The KHALISI PROJECT

HEATH ROBINSON'S TREE GROW

BLUE MEANIE

HEATH ROBINSON BLACK ROSE

DOG JONES

Stardawg / Chem D / Blue Meanie / Dog Jones

https://www.icmag.com/ic/misc.php?do=bbcode

SHARING IS CARING.

Comment

Soo, the plants got chopped yesterday, 5 hours trimming, I'm happy to finish. A lot of the lower leaves were heavily coated with trichomes so I got a load of space cakes material. Mostly I throw away a lot of lower leaves, this time it wasn't so much, they'll be perfectly usable for canna butter!

Below is the last pic of the box from day before yesterday. The fan leaves didn't discolor, meaning I could have gone with them longer than 11 weeks, but the box rotation schedule urged me to chop. It's not the way i like it because I like the plants to eat away the chlorophyll and chop when they have an automny feeling around them, but the trichomes turned milky and I felt there's not much more swelling to happen anyway.

Very good plants, among them 2 phenos I'd really like to stay in my garden for ever...

Very forgiving plants, no problem with any deficiencies whatsoever. They stretch a lot, but I wouldn't shorten the veg time in order to save time because I think they benefit from sniping the leading tops at least twice and rounding them up to a shape with several tops before flowering to benefit bud formation.

Since it's been my first feminized grow I intently searched for male flowers, but there were none, props to You Crazy Monk for delivering stable genetics. Hell me old fart got converted to using feminized seeds! I'd never think it would happen.

Trichome on the tops was just fantastic, very sticky very pungent.

Big concern with the plants was very strong smell, I tried to conceal it, making some tweaks to the box once in a while but to no avail. Simple opening of the box to work on the plants released considerable amounts of smell. Even working on the dry buds, storing them will also have to be done with a lot of caution, regular ziplock baggies are no barrier to the smell. I'm accustomed to it to a degree, but this time it's really special. So watch your ventilation if you wish to grow these genes.

About the smoke report, I did take a couple of puffs with very good results, but I'm waiting for drying and some proper cure to be able to feel the full palette. In the meantime got very favorable reports from a couple of friends who also got hold of a couple o quick dried lower buds. The sheer looks of the tops tell me it's going to be a very memorable weed to smoke.

It actually looks so good that I already popped two fresh rounds of these seeds in my boxes, I know I'll watch them grow again for another couple of months.. And let it be a best recommendation that I have....

Green Monk rulez, as I said in the beginning of the thread I'll praise if the weed is good, damn it is great! Way to go Leptosoma!

kov's outdoor 2006

Comment

Kov, your garden makes me proud bro ! Many thanks for whole thread and all the info what you put in it. Great news that my seeds convinced you to grow from fems, I feel honored. I'll make sure that you'll not run out of them for a while

Abusive Cheese, Blues and Psycho are crazy stinkers because mom used in these crosses are very stinky tho, especially cheese. I wouldn't advise to flower them without good filters.

I can't wait for your/yours smoke report, I'm sure you'll like the qualities of final product.

All the best bro!

peace

Comment

A skilled grower indeed.
                          Can you say which plant is at the front right of the picture kov? Is that the psychosis cross?
                          Great job on these leptosoma.

Comment

Hey potty1, you are correct, at the front right the five budded plant is abusive psycho. I was particularly fond of this cross. For all the neccessary reasons; smallest stretch, great bud formation, not much trimming needed, great high...
                            kov's outdoor 2006

Comment

Ok so finally I've made some pics of the dried buds. Remember my info about a need for good air filtering during grow? The same extends to the storage of dry buds :-) They smell like crazy when dry too. Ziplock bags are no barrier at all. Good airtight containers for storage are a must.

I'm not much of a poet when it comes to rich in metaphors and lengthy descriptions of smoke reports

Abusive psycho, as I said i'm particularly fond of it, strong tropical smell, sticky trichome coverage. Great taste when smoked, very good uplifting high but you have to control yourself with the number of puffs otherways you may end stumbling down. Usually two, three puffs will be enough. Weed for experienced smoker.

Abusive blues, a bit more airy bud formation but otherways very similar to the psycho, except for a little diesely hints here and there. Also very potent.

Abusive cheese, I was a bit let down by this strain, the smoke although of a very nice flowery smell was a bit harsh, maybe i should have flowered it longer? The potency compared to the two other strains also wasn't too great. The casual smoker may be feeling safe with not going over the top after a couple of puffs, but my heavy smoking friends were not too satisfied.

So, this is it, a finish to a nice test grow. I enjoyed it thoroughly, had no issues whatsoever during the grow.

cheers! until a next time!

kov
                              kov's outdoor 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X