Catnip Nycd Ghaze X Agent Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catnip Nycd Ghaze X Agent Orange

I think it's time to deserve this cross a thread on his own...
    It's getting time to have his own space in here.
    It's been around since almost two years now.
    When I found and crossed the special Ao male used in this line I still was looking for my grapefruit taste and smell in the nycd seeds.
    The whole story of this project is here:
    [I]Grapefruit grail project: my hunt for a pheno (long)[/I]
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=206616

and here:
    Grapefruit-orange grail project v 2.0 - The refining process begins
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=235950

So far the best specimen came out of a nycd x ghaze plant that became my keeper and was the mother with I intensively tried to breed out the nycd taste, with different results.
    Here's some picts of the mother. Really hazy sativa like plant. I love it.

She also scored a second place in the outdoor category in Rome in 2012.
    This is the test of the winners of the category.

Nyghaze is number 002.
    Notice the highest THC contents and the highest THCV content of her among the entries. (Higher means a more coloured baloon)

So It became mandatory to try her out with that orange smelling male...
    The seeds were given out to friends since the early days, and it's one of the variety I have the most feedback on...
    and always people are so happy on this one.
    The plant is not stable in the offspring phenos.
    The mother has a very complex genetic setup, so does the father.
    It's a multihybrid plant.
    Haze line is quite dominant in all the crosses.
    Expect long colas, long stretching plants, usually 3x forming long haired colas, full, and elongated like a sativa. like the mother.
    Ao adds resin and speeds up the flowering, giving a sweeter, more orange aroma.
    Smell is citrous, orange, and can vary from bitter orange to sweet orange rinds or fresh grapefruit bergamot peel.
    Spiciness of the ghaze is present too and can vary from mojito lime to peppery dry sandalwood.
    Smell translate well into taste, and the soaring, energetic feel of the high is immediate and strong. Definitely quite long lasting.
    Dont' use this one at night if you want to sleep fast!
    Testers around the world love some phenos found, but there are many combinations possible.
    ...continues....
    I grow soil, not plants!
    I like to think my flowers as fruit
    -------------------------------
    HTCC 2011: mate for me your sour diesel was the best smoke from the whole cup , smoothest and strongest high , taste was superb. Ganja Baba
    ITCC 2012 - 2nd place outdoor category: NYCDgHaze.
    420CC 2012 - 3rd place Sativa category: Agent Orange
    420ICMAGcup 2013 - 3rd place Sativa grower category: Agent Orange
    420ICMAGcup 2013 - 2nd place Sativa Breeder category: Amnesia haze x agent orange
    420ICMAGcup 2013 - 3rd place Sativa Breeder category: Sweet pink grapefruit x agent orange
    420ICMAGcup 2013 - 3rd place Indica Breeder category: NYCD x agent orange

420ICMAGcup 2014 - 2nd place Indica Breeder category: Happy dog
    420ICMAGcup 2015- 1st place Sativa Breeder category: Supersonic

-----Catnip seeds Catnip for humans -----

Here's the result.
    Unfortunately my test plant was collected a bit early, but she expressed well her powers. Lovely and tasty anyhow

But here's what sum friend got....

Tnx to all people involve so far...
    I'm waiting for some new testers to pop up with their pictures.
    Any question is always welcomed.
    I grow soil, not plants!
    HTCC 2011: mate for me your sour diesel was the best smoke from the whole cup , smoothest and strongest high , taste was superb. Ganja Baba
    420ICMAGcup 2013 - 2nd place Sativa Breeder category: Amnesia haze x agent orange
    420ICMAGcup 2013 - 3rd place Sativa Breeder category: Sweet pink grapefruit x agent orange

Comment

That looks lovely! Great work
      "Sentence first, verdict afterwards." -Lewis Carroll

Comment

The most pungent smelling of my 5 test clones. No grapefruit yet just pure pine, but its only at 5 weeks under a single 400w so i know it will change. I know its not much to look at yet but dr p wants to see some flowers from around the world. My outdoor season got scrached so i'll be puting clones into my no-till #150 when I select my mum.

One gallon rols topdressed with neem, crabmeal and ewc on flip to 12/12. Coots sst with tm-7 every other week.

Comment

That's lovely bro :-)
          Pine smell and that colas suggest me an heavy haze influenced girl...
          be patient, as smell comes out... it may look also to a bitter grapefruit one.
          I like your growing no till organic method. Remember she's an eater and she likes big root space :-) some more ewc wouldn't be bad...
          don't forget to add aloe and sum enzyme sprout tea also
          they love it.
          Tnx for your contribution, keep it green
          I grow soil, not plants!

Comment

Originally posted by dr.penthotal View Post
            That's lovely bro :-)
            Remember she's an eater and she likes big root space :-) some more ewc wouldn't be bad...
            don't forget to add aloe and sum enzyme sprout tea also
            they love it.
            Tnx for your contribution, keep it green
            That's just a test grow, might throw up a 1000 if I can keep temps down but its starting to get warm here. That is not no till, just re-amended soil with kelp and neem cake mixed in, then top dressed with ewc and crab meal. Hith them with cootz sst(sprouted seed tea) 2.0 recipe for enzymes and tm-7 humic acid last night. Will pick up some more fresh aloe fillets from the mexi mart tomorrow.

These are the no till beds they will fill. #150's with a crover crop of clover untill I find my mums.... can't risk any transgender girls.

Comment

ok. now it is clear!:-)
              nice setup you have there...
              here's the no till in action.. :-)
              it's going to be fun once you get the correct super mom for those.
              congrat on your organic method. can't wait to see the results.
              I grow soil, not plants!

Comment

wow beautiful looking genetics man, would love to see them growing in those pots above on pallets.

"it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!

Comment

Hi Dr P,

I have a question about a pack of seeds I got back in 2011.
                  The pack says NYCD X G13 X AGENT ORANGE.
                  Is the G13 the G13Haze aka Tangerine Haze?
                  It was great digging these out and looking at the Grapefruit project again, it was alot of fun following your quest.
                  thanks cm
                  Attached Files

Comment

Day 63... I imagine it could go another week perhaps two. Looks to be promising.

Comment

Yummy! Looks like nyghaze mother. And yes, that plant has the same genetics of tangerine haze grown in Co, but it is my selection from the same kind of seeds...
                      How does it smell?
                      Let her go another two weeks.... :-)
                      I grow soil, not plants!

Comment

I ended up with two females...one (pictured above) smells like bubblegum and the other I imagine is heavier on the AO which smells more citrusy. Thanks Dr. P!

Comment

Dr. P, hope all is going well my friend. Just wanted to stop by and share this lovely girl from your beans. You've seen her a while back, but never quite this big, and I hope will bring a smile to your face to see your genetics rocking all over.

NYGhaze x AO in a #5 smarty... 84 days in here... It seems the bigger she gets, the longer she wants to go. Nothing fluffy about those flowers either... Rock hard, easiest trim, and a bit of the orange smell follows through, despite the clear haze influence.

6" duct for reference size

pot in frame way down low, #5 smart pot

colas

Good vibes to you and yours!

Comment

Holy Colas!
                            Buddah Watcha - Share the Love
                            Outdoor Growing:
                            Indoor Journals:
                            Strains Reported:

Comment

Originally posted by great brozini View Post
                              Dr. P, hope all is going well my friend. Just wanted to stop by and share this lovely girl from your beans. You've seen her a while back, but never quite this big, and I hope will bring a smile to your face to see your genetics rocking all over.

NYGhaze x AO in a #5 smarty... 84 days in here... It seems the bigger she gets, the longer she wants to go. Nothing fluffy about those flowers either... Rock hard, easiest trim, and a bit of the orange smell follows through, despite the clear haze influence.

6" duct for reference size
                              View Image

pot in frame way down low, #5 smart pot
                              View Image

colas
                              View Image

View Image

Good vibes to you and yours!
                              brother... this is an amazing addup to the pic collection!
                              amazing pheno you have. really nyhazy, it looks a lot like the mother..., on stamina!
                              good to hear from you, always a pleasure and surprise.
                              this cross was one of the first, hard to forget like all the first timers.
                              feel always welcomed to drop by, share with us your smoke report...
                              respect
                              stay safe
                              dr.P
                              I grow soil, not plants!

Comment

Working...
                              X