Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mister_D
    replied
    I didn't forget about this thread, but life pretty much collapsed in on me. If you're still lurking AD, my deepest apologies for not following through to the end with this thread. Was never my intention to bail, but if you got my pm hopefully you understand why.

All that said I had one C. kong make it through flower (the others were killed due to weak traits, and/or mutations). The one that did make it was fairly unimpressive. Decent resin content/coverage, but smell was mild and nothing special (reminds me of ole school Mexican brick). Ultimately was tossed in the compost heap. Now the ATK's on the hand were a totally different story. Nicely frosted, big hard as fuck buds, and very strong and unique smells that reminded me of the old skunk and northern lights crosses that dominated the market in the 90's. Taste followed suit with the smell, and was a real pleasure to smoke (reminded me of the good ole days ). I didn't keep any of them (I'm extremely picky), but wouldn't hesitate to crack another pack if I had them lying around. Actually looking forward to seeing what's in the sativa loco and border haze

Best wishes to you dawg. Hope life is treating you well wherever you are these days

Leave a comment:

• MaddyDaddy
    replied
    Whazzup in here?

Leave a comment:

• paper thorn
    replied
    nice lush growth D. I love seed runs, finally popping a bunch of seeds I've been sitting on for a bit myself. hope you get some great buds.

Leave a comment:

• Mister_D
    replied
    ...........and one more for good measure

Profile of above ATK

Leave a comment:

• Mister_D
    replied
    Some resin starting on the C kong. Didn't get any decent close ups of the ATK, next week I'll be sure to get some good ones.

Here's the lower half of the C kong shown earlier growing into the ceiling, and a profile of the shorter ATK

A top of the biggest C kong, and another ATK behind it.

Biggest ATK

Another ATK top cola. Looks like she might yield quite well.

Leave a comment:

• Mister_D
    replied
    Well shit times flies when you're working like a mad man . Another 12 days down (these pics are from a couple days ago), and I think stretch is coming to an end. For sure on the ATK's, the C kong may still have a few more inches in 'em. Feed was dropped to 1.0 EC last week as they are a bit greener than I'd like. I'd guess this is due to nute buildup during the recovery period after the rat incident, but could also suggest they don't need much food. None the less they are healthy and growing like crazy . Resin is just starting to develop, but looks like the ATK's are leading the way there. Not a huge surprise as the C kongs are looking like they'll flower noticeably longer. During stretch the C kongs tripled in size (and still going) while the ATK's doubled size. The C kongs are have a much more sativa leaning structure. We'll see when they finish though.

C Kong on the top/left, growing into the ceiling (over 3ft from the coco surface). On the bottom/right an ATK, 2-2.5ft tall.

The largest C kong, ~4ft tall. I didn't consider that everything turns into a wall of weed in this system when I started the thread, so you'll have to bare with me there .

Leave a comment:

• DamnUglyDogE
    replied
    Originally posted by LSWM View Post
    Mistreating the plants is a quick way to identify those weak genetics!

I'm sure that is the most valuable information DUDE could garner from testing. Good work D!

Have ya seen my show...
    These should be redwoods by now with the
    my learning curves..

View image in gallery

Leave a comment:

• DamnUglyDogE
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister_D View Post
    Alrighty, bet some of you guys thought I forgot/abandoned this thread. Well you'd be WRONG . Just hasn't been anything interesting happening for a bit. The plants caught another case of rot due to me stopping treatment a bit too soon. I got that all cleared up, and finally started flower last week. All the seeds were severely topped twice during veg to allow their damaged root systems to catch back up to the foliage above ground. I also trimmed up the backsides a couple days before placing them in the rack room for flower.
    I had been thinking about this show this past week.
    Figured it was just a matter of time...
    Glad things are still rolling along and things look good your way.

Thoughts/observations thus far:
    1. Judging purely by what I seen in veg, ATK seems much more likely to produce a keeper (better root and shoot vigor, stronger branches, less leaf, much more tolerant/resistant to rot, and ph/EC swings). Granted my sample size is pretty small so all of this should be taken with a grain of salt, but collectively this information should be valuable for D.U.D.E.

2. If seeking qualities of the original mother with improved mass market characteristics, ATK would be where I'd focus my attention.

3. CK is showing a bit more sativa influence than the ATK (long thin leaves, wide node spacing, smaller root ball relative to plant size). Reminds me in some ways of a few Mexican sativas I have grown, in particular the males I found.

4. All the CK males smelled primarily of sandalwood and incense, reminiscent of a couple Mexican lines I've grown. The ATK males all had more of a sour, skunky, afghan smell. One of them had an added fruity sweetness that was very nice.

At any rate here they are as of yesterday.

Caliente Kongs:

View Image

View Image

View Image

Here's a structure shot from a couple weeks ago. I had one for the ATK's also, but deleted it on accident.

View Image

continued......

Excellent 411 bro...
    I had a feeling (watching the 1st round of tester) the CK was not going to meet my "mass market characteristics" expectations.
    Though the Kong line is more about bulking up weak yielding strains
    later down the road and to have at least 1 good yielding flavor
    in the mix while we get er done...
    The AT Kong has shown to be a much better cross for this and I think the CK would be for the Mexican strain hunting or perhaps even Afghani hunting...
    I get the strong feeling CK Kong is a Outdoor only strain as well...
    Having yet to see a happy CK indoor and her structure
    screams of wanting sunshine to me..
    Interesting point on the CK roots being less stellar.
    Been wondering about the roots with her...
    Seems to fit with it being a outdoor leaning flavor...

Where the ATK is more than happy in a indoor Hydro environment.

Your incites are on par with others findings(including my own)
    thus far and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Looks like you have 1 ATK with the purp-petiole's...Nice!!!
    Wish you could have found a duckfoot pheno as well...
    Those look to be the most interesting pheno's with ATK so far.

So im stoked they have not been culled thus far

Keep on keeping on brother D...

D.U.D.E....

Leave a comment:

• silver hawaiian
    replied
    Originally posted by LSWM View Post

I'm sure that is the most valuable information DUDE could garner from testing. Good work D!
    I've been doing similar, erm, testing.. ?

Nice work per usu _D!

Leave a comment:

• LSWM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mister_D
    replied
    ATK's

Also, I was wrong earlier in the thread, there are only 3 ATK females. Two males were misidentified as females early in veg

Leave a comment:

• Mister_D
    replied
    Alrighty, bet some of you guys thought I forgot/abandoned this thread. Well you'd be WRONG . Just hasn't been anything interesting happening for a bit. The plants caught another case of rot due to me stopping treatment a bit too soon. I got that all cleared up, and finally started flower last week. All the seeds were severely topped twice during veg to allow their damaged root systems to catch back up to the foliage above ground. I also trimmed up the backsides a couple days before placing them in the rack room for flower.

Thoughts/observations thus far:
    1. Judging purely by what I seen in veg, ATK seems much more likely to produce a keeper (better root and shoot vigor, stronger branches, less leaf, much more tolerant/resistant to rot, and ph/EC swings). Granted my sample size is pretty small so all of this should be taken with a grain of salt, but collectively this information should be valuable for D.U.D.E.

2. If seeking qualities of the original mother with improved mass market characteristics, ATK would be where I'd focus my attention.

3. CK is showing a bit more sativa influence than the ATK (long thin leaves, wide node spacing, smaller root ball relative to plant size). Reminds me in some ways of a few Mexican sativas I have grown, in particular the males I found.

4. All the CK males smelled primarily of sandalwood and incense, reminiscent of a couple Mexican lines I've grown. The ATK males all had more of a sour, skunky, afghan smell. One of them had an added fruity sweetness that was very nice.

At any rate here they are as of yesterday.

Caliente Kongs:

Here's a structure shot from a couple weeks ago. I had one for the ATK's also, but deleted it on accident.

continued......

Leave a comment:

• Mister_D
    replied
    Originally posted by DamnUglyDogE View Post
    Sounds like a close call had...
    Glad you took the tougher path bro...

I'll admit doing the test thread had a bit of influence on keeping them . Though it wasn't just your seeds that were spared, so maybe the other breeders should feel lucky too

Mommy was the same with different daddy's,
    CK daddy had strong Afghani and ATK daddy has strong BB...
    Possibly making them similar looking yet the head and taste profiles would differ quite a bit...

Good to know. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of them after a good cure .

That would be daddy ATF leaner...

Daddy BB/Afghani leaner...

Who could blame you...lol
    It does not sound like the Ducksfoot pheno as they seem
    to have much vigor thus far.

Were they the Caliente Kong ? Id bet...lol

Yup both CK. The damage looked just the discoloration the chem line is infamous for, mixed with the leaf crinkle DJ's shorts blueberry is known for. I will say the rest of the CK are exhibiting some excellent vigor. Second fastest growth among this seed selection. Only being out grown by house of love's blue dream, but that cross is obviously leaning heavy on the haze side of things, and it's really not fair to compare any plants growth to a haze

A side note for things to come...
    My AT Kong went through a wicked good fruity stage Mid Cure (1st week in jar) and has over the last 3-4 weeks changed to a mild fruity vanilla with just a hint of woody/spice.... Great nose but man that fruity loops would have been nice to keep.... Ive never smelt anything like it and hope yours stays...

I think I lost my with not burping the jars enough week 2-3...Doh...

Excellent update brother,D...

D.U.D.E...View Image
    I'll try and keep em' coming

Leave a comment:

• Mister_D
    replied
    Just a quick update to report all 5 ATK's, and 1 CK are confirmed females Oh and they're growing like crazy again. All of the taller ones from last week had grown into the lights. As I don't have any flower space open for a couple more weeks I decided to viciously top everything to even out the canopy on my veg table. All plants are now around 12" tall with tons of tops

Leave a comment:

• DamnUglyDogE
    replied
    Sounds like a close call had...
    Glad you took the tougher path bro...

First up are the ATK's. I notice two distinct pheno types. The taller ones pictured below, these appear very similar in structure to the C. Kongs. Influence from the daddy maybe?
    Mommy was the same with different daddy's,
    CK daddy had strong Afghani and ATK daddy has strong BB...
    Possibly making them similar looking yet the head and taste profiles would differ quite a bit...

That would be daddy ATF leaner...

The second pheno is extremely short with compact node spacing. Think typical pure indica growth patterns and veg speed.
    Daddy BB/Afghani leaner...

I killed the two kongs that were exhibiting weird growth. They just seemed to be getting worse in spite of having perfect EC and PH. They weren't showing much vigor compared to the rest either so they had to go, no time for weak plants in D's garden. The other three are all doing well considering the mouse water. No signs of abnormal growth on any of them.
    Who could blame you...lol
    It does not sound like the Ducksfoot pheno as they seem
    to have much vigor thus far.

Were they the Caliente Kong ? Id bet...lol

A side note for things to come...
    My AT Kong went through a wicked good fruity stage Mid Cure (1st week in jar) and has over the last 3-4 weeks changed to a mild fruity vanilla with just a hint of woody/spice.... Great nose but man that fruity loops would have been nice to keep.... Ive never smelt anything like it and hope yours stays...

I think I lost my with not burping the jars enough week 2-3...Doh...

Excellent update brother,D...

D.U.D.E...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X