WALKING THE GREEN MILE ...eating of gold cutlery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boom chic a wa wa

selected for my side pots ( 100 gals ) ....... to germinate next couple days , sex and plant ...... i,m looking for hoes i tell you .
    ( theres seeds in there just invisible , thats how special they are )
    Last edited by beanz; 11-22-2017, 07:54.

Comment

Nice, certainly winners in there!! Apoc and blr x lvrk are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by power puff View Post
        Nice, certainly winners in there!! Apoc and blr x lvrk are awesome.
        yeah could pic another 10 strains easy , but got to start somewhere ...i sneak peak allows a light sup ( in different area ) when i plant the sativa,s and a breeding project on the side .....clones ect ect ect .....

Comment

Never a dull moment...

Comment

Originally posted by beanz,n View Post
            bars full dirty girls atm , been cruising the red light district
            View Image

ancient f2 a lot of purple action is these , makes up about 40% of them with the trait ....

View Image

bacon , bacon , bacon ......lime dragons blood
            View Image

only untested strain in a big pot .....my bad , you bet
            ancient headbanger
            View Image
            Ancient Headbanger? Gonna be a monster of epic proportions.

Comment

what are you using for mulch?

did you mulch last year this early?
              give it up for the ganja farmer

Comment

Originally posted by theJointedOne View Post
                what are you using for mulch?

did you mulch last year this early?
                you guys would,nt have this mulch , its a sugar cane .

yeah mulched this early last season , you thinking ground might stay too cool ? it should be ok .......it gets very hot in there may look bit dull atm its raining outside ......i was sweating before the rain .

but it would be something to consider , not mulching till summer to heat the soil up little , might get extra growth perhaps ? that what you thinking ?

THE MULCH
                SUGARCANE MULCH Derived from the dried leaves of the sugarcane plant, left after harvesting, this mulch decomposes in about six months. It only adds a small amount of nutrient to the soil but certainly acts as a conditioner, building water- and nutrient-holding capacity. You can use it on all parts of the garden, but it is best suited to areas that are maintained regularly, such as vegetable patches. It reflects sunlight, keeping the soil cooler and reducing moisture loss. It's readily available from gardening retailers.
                Last edited by beanz; 11-22-2017, 18:13.

Comment

yeah mulched this early last season , you thinking ground might stay too cool ? it should be ok .......it gets very hot in there may look bit dull atm its raining outside ......i was sweating before the rain .

but it would be something to consider , not mulching till summer to heat the soil up little , might get extra growth perhaps ? that what you thinking ?

THE MULCH
                  SUGARCANE MULCH Derived from the dried leaves of the sugarcane plant, left after harvesting, this mulch decomposes in about six months. It only adds a small amount of nutrient to the soil but certainly acts as a conditioner, building water- and nutrient-holding capacity. You can use it on all parts of the garden, but it is best suited to areas that are maintained regularly, such as vegetable patches. It reflects sunlight, keeping the soil cooler and reducing moisture loss. It's readily available from gardening retailers.
                  I will definitely mulch next year to cut down water loss.

Comment

THE MULCH
                    ah sugar cane, interesting.

I wasn't implying that it was good/bad to mulch this early, I was just curious.

Personally I like to let the top soil dry a bit and go through wet dry cycles, especially around the base of the stalk. After a week of being in final homes I dont even water anywhere near the stalk. I always wondered if plants that died/suffered due to damping off/fuserium ect had problems due to me creating too moist of soil, especially around the base of the stalk of the plants, in the spring or even during propagation ect.

That being said ive not ever tried side by side experiments, plants with mulch vs plants without. Hopefully in the future

Comment

Originally posted by theJointedOne View Post
                      ah sugar cane, interesting.

I wasn't implying that it was good/bad to mulch this early, I was just curious.

Personally I like to let the top soil dry a bit and go through wet dry cycles, especially around the base of the stalk. After a week of being in final homes I dont even water anywhere near the stalk. I always wondered if plants that died/suffered due to damping off/fuserium ect had problems due to me creating too moist of soil, especially around the base of the stalk of the plants, in the spring or even during propagation ect.

That being said ive not ever tried side by side experiments, plants with mulch vs plants without. Hopefully in the future
                      OH COOL ,
                      thought you may know something i didn,t ..... keeping the soil warmer in spring though might be an advantage though . it is quiet thin around the stem even though it does,nt look it , much thicker out from centre ....get super hot in here .....pots dry out very quick , my soil drains too fast took me ages last season to work my water out , even with a moisture meter ....
                      outdoor plants i like to do what you suggest , nice dry spell then i will drench them and dry spell them again ...... its basically what nature does ..... comes dumps heap and gone again .

my side pots have a better mixture this season and will be drip fed differently , hopefully less water usage .

Comment

I can recall when member Nomaad grew his first outdoor garden in norcal back in like 08 or 09 or something. He grew some great big plants, some 10+ pounds. I vaguely remember him saying he watered his 300 gallon containers with 5-10 gallons of water a day. Everyday. Kinda interesting.

I think the wet/dry spell is ok, just as long as you never let them get to the point of looking thirsty....its a thin line. One of my best friends used to tell me that over/under watering was the most common mistake made by even the most seasoned growers

Comment

i wouldn't mind trying that in the greenhouse , 5-10 gallons day .... depending on weather i guess , it makes sense they will use a certain amount each day regardless . i,m normally watering every 2 nd day when there larger .... or if its going to be heat wave i,ll give them a drink .

i agree totally , its easy to over water or under water ..... symptoms are so similar also .
                          Last edited by beanz; 11-23-2017, 02:16.

Comment

some more appetisers on the way , i,m not sure whats better Christmas or selecting strains to run ......

Comment

Cool beanz

Comment

bit update , all the pots /rows were,nt full ....ended up with 97% up considering some seeds only just over month old ....i,m happy with that ..... only looking for few girls of each strain . sept white cherry i,ll have better look

ancient og f2 ....i like the stocky green pheno,s , they have huge nuggets at the end normally

with the ancient og i,m chasing another pheno like this, want to make s1

there will be some nice plants in these , lime dragons blood ....tonne hybrid vigour

Comment

Working...
                                X