X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON STRAINS

THINK THE TITTLE GAVE THAT ONE AWAY

Hmmmmm.....
    Looks like a good thread to share information on strain specifics and compatibility of bud structure/smell/fire in crosses.
    Thought I would share my thoughts on Super Silver Haze grown last year. While I only grew two big females, I would suggest if your looking for an outstanding pheno you may have to sift thru several plants. My plants were both the same pheno of SSH, both got huge, very healthy, good yield but almost no smell or flavor (weak high). In my opinion the Super Lemon Haze was much,much better but with a lower yield.

Comment

my favorite strand is the all bud pheno of super lemon haze. hard mode.

[YOUTUBEIF]jE79uBNvF5I[/YOUTUBEIF]

Comment

Originally posted by Stone House View Post
        Hmmmmm.....
        Looks like a good thread to share information on strain specifics and compatibility of bud structure/smell/fire in crosses.
        Thought I would share my thoughts on Super Silver Haze grown last year. While I only grew two big females, I would suggest if your looking for an outstanding pheno you may have to sift thru several plants. My plants were both the same pheno of SSH, both got huge, very healthy, good yield but almost no smell or flavor (weak high). In my opinion the Super Lemon Haze was much,much better but with a lower yield.
        all too common hearing this about ssh , had same experience . i heard mango haze is little more reliable .

i,m sticking with ace and cannaboigen for my sativa,s . not so much looking and quality is abundant .

i,ll bore everyone later with all the new sativa hybrids .

Comment

Originally posted by Cannavore View Post
          my favorite strand is the all bud pheno of super lemon haze. hard mode.

[YOUTUBEIF]jE79uBNvF5I[/YOUTUBEIF]
          thanks for dropping by , long standing members who can contribute good information are awesome . ( i did,nt see the video till now lol)
          Last edited by BAKED_BEANZ; 03-23-2017, 17:31.

Comment

fortunately for myself i experienced outstanding results w/ SSH ...it was Mr.Nice stock purchased via heavens stairway back sometime in 2002...got pics...never seen a plant that had the kind of genetic potential to get huge like this pheno did before,or since

Comment

i,m about to pop some the new swamp boys nigerian crosses , think there some action going to be had there .

always frosty nice gear from those boys . defiantly rate there gear .

Comment

BB, I know you've shared much knowledge on Black Lime Reserve, but with all the other strains your working I lose bits of info with so many past threads and pages.
                Would you mind telling us of growing BLR tips? Interested in any weaknesses in the BLR strain also (bud formation, ect.).
                Anything that would be of value.
                Observations from others that have grown BLR welcomed.
                Seems like a good strain to talk about since tons of your crosses are with BLR.
                As you know I am working towards indica pheno of BLR.

Comment

Blr has been on my mind but I can't see paying those prices. I saw a few packs of pure ghost og that screamed at me but I didn't have a 100 to spend at the time 2 days later they were all gone.

Comment

Originally posted by packerfan79 View Post
                    Blr has been on my mind but I can't see paying those prices. I saw a few packs of pure ghost og that screamed at me but I didn't have a 100 to spend at the time 2 days later they were all gone.
                    you wont get black lime reserve , they sold out years ago . server fund beanz of them are coming up ...... not sure price thats not my call . but somewhere round what karma gear sells for ......

Comment

Originally posted by Stone House View Post
                      BB, I know you've shared much knowledge on Black Lime Reserve, but with all the other strains your working I lose bits of info with so many past threads and pages.
                      Would you mind telling us of growing BLR tips? Interested in any weaknesses in the BLR strain also (bud formation, ect.).
                      Anything that would be of value.
                      Observations from others that have grown BLR welcomed.
                      Seems like a good strain to talk about since tons of your crosses are with BLR.
                      As you know I am working towards indica pheno of BLR.
                      buddle might chime in here ,she has grown outdoors ....... i,ve concentrated on the #3 more than anything . which is chemdawg private reserve side things .they still threw out 50% indica dominate off spring , thanks to the male . i,ve made about 3 different f4 #4 batches with more chemdawg private male ....hatch is testing those for me when they arrive .

i can talk about the parents , the #1 will be the indica dominate one for sure , the #2 will be nice mix also ....... the male we named the penetrator , got his indica way into almost if not everything i crossed him with ...... i,ve mentioned before can be a good thing or bad thing . but all and all i rekon he,s done more good than bad .

black lime is an easy grow, some you know i had few ups and downs , they stayed easy to maintain , healthiest of the lot and most mold resistant also .

its in my garden for the majority next season , tested and proven ....beats an unknown any day . lots of testing all this funky stuff on the side though i,m making atm .

i,ve excited to see all the guys that are popping black lime testers atm , indoors its going to be frosty ........as .

the only thing thats going to be better than black lime , is the black death f3 i,ve used both black lime dominate parents , but we all know we have the malawi sleeping in the back ground . narrowing it down to becoming a very nice indoor or outdoor strain .
                      Last edited by BAKED_BEANZ; 03-24-2017, 18:33.

Comment

Yes thanks to a generous friend, I was given the opportunity to grow BLR.
                        I was very impressed with her. I have grown a lot of elites over the years and these were by far the best plants I ever grew from seed. I am a big diesel lover and these checked all the boxes for me.
                        The best part about them, from a growing standpoint, was their solid physique. Not at all floppy and flimsy like some diesels can be. Her vigor was great. Shes the type of plant where the branches all grow up to become main colas with the exception of the main stem that is like 4 inches longer than the others..lol.
                        Her buds are dense with lots of big calyxes and plenty of trichs. When I take a BLR bud out and put it down it leaves a little pile of kief behind. She can be a bit leafy but her sugar leaves are covered with trichs and there are so many other great things about her. Not an issue for me at all. I am guessing there are less leafy phenos out there too. I started 8 seeds and kept 4 females and one male.
                        Growing instructions..She is an easy keeper. She did not demand extra cal and mag like many diesels can. I grow in my old manure pile so they don't yearn for much.
                        Looking for that awesome smoke from Hawaii I purchased from a surfer in 1991.No pun intended.Miss that weed.

Comment

Originally posted by ~star~crash~ View Post
                          fortunately for myself i experienced outstanding results w/ SSH ...it was Mr.Nice stock purchased via heavens stairway back sometime in 2002...got pics...never seen a plant that had the kind of genetic potential to get huge like this pheno did before,or since
                          From conversations I've had with other's about SSH I believe the general consensus is that you need to find pre 09 stock. Or most likely at this point F gens made off of pre 09 stock or preferably cuts off of old mothers. That being said, I found a few winners recently in a 12 bean pack of SSH F2's gifted to me by Jimmy Nitz (Pisces Genetics) IIRC the beans he worked were from 2011 so........
                          Also, I believe that the phenos most people are looking for in SSH (well, "most people" I know anyhow...Sativa heads) are actually more common in Shanti's AfghanHaze. I ran some back 4 years ago that turned out some real head burners. Again, these were F2's though. Selected by an online grow bro from an 80 seed run.
                          Anyway, just my thoughts on that particular variety.

Interested in the BLR as well. Wondering how does it compare to something like a really well selected cut of say Stardawg or some of the other popular chem/diesel crosses?? I mean as far as quality of effect and raw potency. I've read a few reviews where people say it has somewhat of a decent head effect for being so BLD dom. Any truth to that?
                          The fastest way to succeed is to make it appear as though you are playing by other peoples rules while quietly playing by your own.

Comment

well apples and apples , compare a really well selected cut blr to stardawg or another chem . yeah its there all the way . its same as anything some pheno,s will be better than others for sure .

cuts are floating around cali , so rekon that prob says alot too . its coming back for how long idk , but it'll be round for while i,d think .

Comment

i,m up just ordered 3 packs cherry chem for winter project and pack of dying breed , super lemon haze x monkey balls ( fire og x deep chunk ). she,s got a hefty ticket price so it normally reflects some sort of testing and work . (hopefully )

got a pic sent to me today of dr durbs ,they did ..... looked real nice , was spoken of highly too . i was very close to grabbing those few months back . so i,m not sleeping on the lemon haze . haven't run a lemon haze before . so happy days

i,m down to make some seed while having a look at them .

Comment

Working...
                              X