Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baked Beanz Test Grow Pheno Search (Headbanger, Ancient OG, Wifi, LCxBLR, OJSDKB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baked Beanz Test Grow Pheno Search (Headbanger, Ancient OG, Wifi, LCxBLR, OJSDKB)

So whats up fellas, little late on this thread, but better late than never!

We doing a major pheno search here, Sea of Green style... My cab is around 3ft x 2ft and 4ft high, running 2x Cree COB running around 35w each for a total of around 70w.

All my Baked Beanz seeds were popped:
    15x Headbanger f2
    10x Ancient OG
    11x Wifi
    11x Lucky Charms x Black Lime Reserve
    10x OJSDKB

The seeds started germinating on August 1st on a shot glass and a day or two later transferred into their final container of 0,5 liter square pots.

All were started with a custom organic soil mix, water only type deal, basically a mix of Thermal compost, leaf mold compost, local fertile soil, pumice, a bit of peat moss based potting soil, mixed with some kelp, malt extract, mycorrhizae fungi, rock dusts, biochar, a bit of lime and gypsum..

I had a bit of trouble with a few of the seedlings and probably lost around 10 or 15. After picking males out we ended up with around 25 females. Once the plants showed sex, males were put to the side and the females got another 0,5 liter container attached to the bottom of the first container. So total medium volume is 1 liter.

The weather was extremely hot the past month, so they got a bit heat stressed a few days, but nothing too major. Now weather is much better and should help!

I had to do some training (LST, supercrop) on most of them since they were getting a bit too high, but it seems like stretch has slowed down on most of them. Some I almost snapped a few tops, hanging by a thread, but they should be ok, still green and juicy. I figured it out a good method to train them with 2 stakes, which is what I have been doing since. I also picked off some major fan leafs to open the canopy a bit.

The cab is pretty full right now, almost at full capacity, which is what we like, I coulda probably fit another 1 or 2 plants max in there!

I don't have any pictures of the early seedling days, so we get to skip the early boring days, but I will snap some pics tonight or tomorrow and start showing them ladies to y'all now that things will get interesting.

There are some really funky smells starting to come off, and some plants are starting to look very interesting, filling up the bud sets with nice plump white hairs!

We have around 8 males on the side, which are kinda stalled out because they were neglected in the dark for a few days, so not sure if i'll be able to make some seeds, however the plan is to reveg a few of the best females and have a dedicated grow in the future and some crosses!
    Buddah Watcha - Share the Love
    Outdoor Growing:
    Indoor Journals:
    Strains Reported:

Hey man. Good luck. Will be interesting to see what you find.

Comment

finally some ancient og f2 and some ojsdkb #1 .

i,m buckled up for this one ,

Comment

Hell yeah broda! The Ancient OGs got a bit more of veg time, prolly 2-3 weeks and then moved to 12/12, they were started on a different box and they were the best looking seedlings of the bunch, lots of vigor! They are maybe a week behind the others in the flower department but catching up noneless!

I'll try to count the females of each type to have an idea with what we are working with! Even though is a hassle, working with very limited space all around, its hard to even get to the growbox
        Outdoor Growing:
        Indoor Journals:
        Strains Reported:

Comment

Yes yes brudrin buddha! Welcome to the show.

Awesome

Clarence
          sigpic
          SI POST FATA VENIT GLORIA NON PROPERO

Comment

Here are the promised pics from a day or two ago... Had to do one more round of training... Almost snapped a cola or two :p but everything survived!

Before training:

AFter:

Ancient OG f2 #6

White Fire #3

Supercrop, this one almost snapped, but worked out good!

Peace!
            Outdoor Growing:
            Indoor Journals:
            Strains Reported:

Comment

Wow that is quite snug in there! They look great and what an amazing use of your space.

I can't wait to see this progress

Comment

Yesterday gave a good watering to the girls. Plain water... Also re-positioned a few of the plants trying to get more light to more budsites.

Had an accident on one of the WIFI that had been stupidcropped and had almost snapped the top branch, well that top branch snapped yesterday when I was moving stuff around, was a nice top... Pretty sad, oh well, I'm trying to root that top now, hopefully they will take root in a week or two!

Everything else is looking Naice Naice...! Frost is starting to come out on most phenos! Some are very smelly, very interesting selection we got going on!

Here a few shots!

Full cab shot

The back side, temps been between 20C at night and 28C during lights on, good enough!

Back left side

LCxBLR #5. this is a nice on, stacking pretty good!

Outdoor Growing:
                Indoor Journals:
                Strains Reported:

Comment

And a nice Headbanger stupidcropped, hope this one doesnt snap off too!

My guess is that most of them are between week 2-4 of flowering! I'm hoping by November we ca start harvesting some of the girls!

Peace!
                  Outdoor Growing:
                  Indoor Journals:
                  Strains Reported:

Comment

Took a bunch of clones, from around 11 plants, the ones that were putting side branching. Mostly Headbanger, LCxBLR, a few AOG and one or two OJSDKB! Went with the Aloe Vera method, soaked the cloning cubes in aloe and malted barley water mixture, then dipped the clones into a aloe fillet and bam! Labeled them and now they are on a shady place waiting for roots to come out! Hopefully it will be sucessfully, otherwise going to have to rely to reveging which is not the worse case scenario...

I also have a few sets of males isolated ready to collect some pollen, got 2 Headbangers, 2 LCxBLR and I think 1 or 2 AOG's. They just about to start dropping pollen! Plan is to polinate a few of the lower branches and make a few seeds!

I also gave everything a good watering...

I'll keep y'all updated on the projects!

Outdoor Growing:
                    Indoor Journals:
                    Strains Reported:

Comment

So it seems like we have some fucking broad mites in the house, not good, got some predatory mites on the way and hopefully that will help.

It's a shame... today I sprayed some canola with essential oils and hopefully that will slow them down till re-enforcement arrives...

So I apologize in advance for the troubles with this run, the quality its probably going to suffer... but it is what it is...

Plan is to focus more on making seeds this run, hopefully that will go ok.

I'll keep you guys updated on how things work out!
                      Outdoor Growing:
                      Indoor Journals:
                      Strains Reported:

Comment

sending the best of vibes to your plants man, soldier on!

Comment

Originally posted by Tynehead Tom View Post
                          sending the best of vibes to your plants man, soldier on!
                          Thanks TT, I need all the good vibes I can get against these fuckers. I released some predatory mites, hard to tell if they making a difference or not, I guess I need to wait and see what happens...
                          Outdoor Growing:
                          Indoor Journals:
                          Strains Reported:

Comment

i'm in for the show. more good vibes your way brother.

peace

Comment

thanks fellas, so I was a bit down with all the mites issues n shit, so I decided to focus more this run on a seed run, I dropped pollen from a few different males, was a nice ancient OG, also a nice LCxBLR and a OJSDKB, didnt really label which so its gonna be a random crosses type deal :P I ended up polinating a bit more than I wanted lol, lots of seeds I guess... which is good, since seeds are one of my favorite things in this universe

regarding the mites, I released cucumeris mites to fight the battle a few days after my last post, I gotta say, that it seems to have taken care of the problem! I also dropped some skirkis to finish the dirty job of killing these broad mites!

some of the stuff looks almost ready, some will take another 4-5 weeks seems like... but stuff is frosty, theres a really nice AOG that calls my attention...

I dont have pics but hopefully tomorrow ill do a proper update.

Peace BW
                              Outdoor Growing:
                              Indoor Journals:
                              Strains Reported:

Comment

Working...
                              X