• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Looking good Foomar :-)

Leave a comment:

• foomar
    replied
    Day 23 of veg and are starting to step up a gear.

Some variation starting to show in leaf form and the spidermites have had a taste and seem to like them.

All now at 4 - 5 nodes and the stretch was limited to the stem below the seed leaves.

Intend to run them all untopped in 4.5 litre pots useing John Innes no. 3 with minimal nutes normally used on tomatoes and will grow the males out if space permits.

Two plants are almost showing sex and i estimate 5 ex 8 females........

Leave a comment:

• foomar
    replied
    Cheers Blaner

Not seen this kind of stretch very often but mostly since switching to the purple Nurturelights , confined to the stem below the seed leaves only.

Soon as they broke soil they were within an inch of a 200 watter and ended up looking like watercress grown under a halogen , other strains normal in the same tray under identical conditions.

I document far more plants than i post about and it seems it may be strain related , interested to see what the next three C99 crosses do.
    Will put half under purps and half under cool white from each packet and see what happens.

A skim through my records seem to show a change in the sex ratio since useing purps which i had not noticed before and will look into this.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Looking good Foomar, I have not had much stretch yet but just moved them under stronger light, have had them under T-5's , tonite I transplanted them into bigger containers and a 600 watt MH light so I expect the stretch to start soon if it is gonna :-)

Leave a comment:

• foomar
    replied
    Day 15 in veg and the initial stretch below the seed leaves has finally stopped.
    The worst reached over 12 inches before a repot and they are all deep planted and coiled up like snakes in a basket.
    Three other strains from seed have stretched two inches at most under identical conditions , looks like a c99 thing as wally,s cross did the same.
    Uniform growth and no visible pheno expression at this early stage.

Several plants show this deformity/trait on the lower true leaves.

Leave a comment:

• Ms.Grat3ful
    replied
    Originally posted by AriesXX
    So far, it looks like everyone has encountered VERY rapid growth rates, which can translate into stretching. Now that we know this from the get-go, it should make it easier for anyone else growing this strain to keep it under control. Looking good Foomar!
    yep... and I tell ya, with all these super starts, makes me wanna sprout some too!! I really am looking forward to seeing how they all turn out... I do love the mother

Leave a comment:

• AriesXX
    replied
    So far, it looks like everyone has encountered VERY rapid growth rates, which can translate into stretching. Now that we know this from the get-go, it should make it easier for anyone else growing this strain to keep it under control. Looking good Foomar!

Leave a comment:

• MOneYMiKe
    replied
    lookin good foomar!!!Mm

Leave a comment:

• foomar
    replied
    Day 8 in veg.

Some serious stretching with these despite high light levels , Wally,s C99 x Blackberry did exactly the same but nothing else has.
    Wonder if they dont like purple lights .
    The two with the worst stretch were scorched by growing through the tubes so down to eight .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Great start guy :-)

Leave a comment:

• foomar
    replied
    Thanks AF !
    They have had a charmed life so far and were just saved from the cat who had decided it was a new litter tray.
    All have broke the surface so this is day one of veg .

Despite being suitably close to a CFL they have stretched a little but nothing to worry about and are now close under the sweet spot of a 200W purple Nuturelight which normally tightens up the internode.

20/4 light cycle seems to work and they will be fed only if they show a need and final pot size will be decided when i have cuttings of all females established and can hazard a guess as to demands.

As a plant breaks the soil it gets a number in order written on the back of the label that stays with it through flower.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Looks like these beans are in good hands!

Leave a comment:

• foomar
    replied
    All with roots or seeds split and showing white , potted out after 36 hours into John Innes No1 with 30% perlite which is my normal routine.

Leave a comment:

• foomar
    replied
    Thanks Aries.
    Learnt a lot from that grow and tweaking the yield has been very rewarding.
    Every time i intend to photograth a specific plant i always end up takeing pictures of this plant too , distinctive glossy leaves and always looks good esp in a cold room.

All the females will have to share with the following eclectic mixture.....

One or two each of the following keepers , just enougth to keep the jars topped up.
    Bogglegum
    G13 - Diesel
    Somatooth 3 Annac
    POG
    Lemon Stinky

Eight Fat Russians and 12+ Casey Jones X NYCD are proven yielders of high quality and will take half the room.

Females from the following will be in there too in unknown numbers......
    C99 X Blackberry Wallyduck
    Zamal X Skunk FSNL
    Bluberry Mdanzig femmed
    Thunderbolt
    Deep Chunk
    Several freebies as they appear , both the Casey cross and the Russian were freebies last year. and free seeds have cosistently outperformed purchased seed for me going back to Seedsdirect times.

Can overspill into the greenhouse as needed esp for the DC.

Half the seeds are showing roots and will probably be in soil tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• AriesXX
    replied
    Nice, I just read through your G13 x Diesel grow

Good luck with your test grow Foomar!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X