Gas & Guns Auto test grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas & Guns Auto test grow

Afterthought Autos was so kind and generous to send me 2 different Auto regular seed strains for a TEST grow for future possible strains: Numbskull(++CBD), Tranquil(hemp high cbd), as well as their Gas & Guns Auto that's in the market. Each of the 3 will have it's own journal, though grown all together. Due to circumstances I have to start small and transplant to 5 gallon once root base is solid. Plenty of practice with a solid root ball.

This is Gas & Guns Auto regular(2)
    Genetic lineage:
    Diesel Ryder x AK influence. This GAS & GUNS hybrid is an inbred cross of Soma's NYC Diesel and Lowryder No.2 and produce very potent, extremely resinous and tasty marijuana plants. Diesel Ryder produces compact tight middle-sized buds, slightly irregular and variable, with thick orange pistils. Combine those attributes with a sativa dominant Auto Ak47 plant and crossed it with reworked sativa strain we have been working on a mid-sized to large auto with great potency and very good yields. STRONG buzz. ~85 days using larger container for to produce larger container for maximum harvest.

10/30/20 Germinated and will be grown in:
    Organic soil, reused and baked Stonington blend base
    Added:
    Worm castings
    Stonington blend fertilizer
    Fish bone meal
    Lobster compost
    5 gallon cloth bucket
    Start under CFL(18/6) and they later go to LED: 2 x 280w DIY run 18/6 on/off schedule

DAY ONE: 11/1/20 popped up from soil.

I'll be adding weekly

transplant soon. should start in same pot throughout. cramped rootz stuntz them.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinpie eyes View Post
      transplant soon. should start in same pot throughout. cramped rootz stuntz them.
      Yes, indeed!! ALL autos should be planted and in place in original container for roots to grow/thrive because of limited life-cycle. 3-5 gallon buckets from the get-go preferred.

By placing in solo cups, you cramp the roots.

When growing next t photoperiods (CBD hemp) at 18/6, let the MOST light/lumens shine don on them!
      ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
      "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
      We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
      sigpic

Comment

I just want to add that i have had very good success starting autos in solo cups and then at the first sign of pistils i remove the bottom of the solo cup and place the entire cup into a bigger container.
        One of these was started in a six ounce styrofoam cup and the other was started in a 16 ounce solo cup.
        Attached Files

Comment

Same solo cup plant two weeks later.
          Attached Files

Comment

Impressive, Amynamous! Major colas, yet root growth (our experience) doesn't allow for much lateral growth, if constricted. Unable for LST.

You did well, Amy!!! Congrats!

This has always been our take from growing out thousands, from Azarius, and other resources:

#2 Plant In The Pot You’ll Finish In And Don’t Transplant
            Growing autoflowering seeds differs from photoperiod seeds. It’s extremely important not to restrict the roots of an autoflowering plant. If a root is restricted in a smaller pot this could impact the final size of the plant. This is because these plants grow and flower fast. As soon as the roots are restricted they send signals to the plant to say “I’m root bound stop growing and concentrate on flowering”.

Therefore we must give the roots plenty of space to grow in. Plant the seed or seedling in the pot the plant will finish in. Absolute minimum of 3 litres but 12-15 litres is a good size. Always remember “more root = more fruit”.

#3 Let The Roots Breath
            Unlike leaves, which require carbon dioxide, roots need oxygen. To enable them to breath you must plant in an airy substrate. Perlite works well to provide the pockets of air your roots need to help the plant grow to its true potential.

Perlite is an inert volcanic rock. The grains of perlite are white and look like puffed rice. You will no doubt recognize it from potted plants you get from the garden center. It won’t impart anything nasty into your soil.

The soil you get from your local grow shop will most likely already have perlite mixed in - I like to add more. To have an end result of one-third perlite and two-thirds substrate (preferably organic).

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
            "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
            We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

sigpic

Comment

Gas & Guns Test Grow update

10/30 germination & 11/1 popped thru soil.

WEEKLY UPDATE

Understanding the propagation protocol for auto flowers, grow constraints and impatience with wanting to start this test, and being a test grow, has resulted in my quick start in the small cup shown. I have used with much success through the years for both photos & Autos, as it allows you to closely monitor the root growth through the bottom. I only expect to keep in these cups for one more week and then transplant into its final destination as space is opening up shortly.

Gas & Guns is starting off quite well as you see, with no issues whatsoever. Running 18/6 and spraying with water regularly to keep humidity up.
              Included photo of closet finishing up a nice mix of 2 cloned Fem Zamaldelicas pollinated with CS from the 3rd clone; Solomatic front R; Zkittlez back R & 2 pretty Sherbert’s finishing next week(allows me to move last 2 in and open up for transplant closet)
              Attached Files

Comment

awesome start scrog! and hope you enjoy this grow
                /nice strain you got
                great advice about moving up to a larger container for autos earlier than regular photo plants as well as the "letting the roots breath" selection arid

nice plants amy, they have a good color and look nice and firm
                but i have to ask why you wouldent remove the plants from their original containers to let them fully expand into their new home?
                the solo cup is 16oz? no, but your final container looks like its several liters in size bigger
                how did she smoke btw? how much did you get off the final cut

Comment

I used to pot up in a similar fashion. My thoughts were that it increased the available volume for roots to fill, and there is less disturbance to the roots since I only sliced off the bottom of the original container (red solo cup). It worked pretty well when I was only potting up to a six inch coco pot; almost doubled the root volume vs just transplanting into a six inch pot the normal way. Worked really well for lots of single cola plants in a small space.

Now days I lean more toward normal transplanting style into larger pots, with smaller numbers of larger plants. I've transplanted all my autos in the past in the traditional method and have decided to give direct seeding in the final pot a try next time around.

Comment

Nice start Scrogmeister, and nice looking flowers in the tent, too! Looking forward to your results, as Gas n Guns sounds like a variety I have to try out myself sooner than later.

Comment

Yup, Gas & Guns continues to forge onward...many enjoying it, one of our sought after strains.

Keep the progress going & Growing, Scrog!

afterthought autos

sigpic

Comment

Gas & Guns 3 weeks post germ

Gas & Guns 3 weeks post germ

3 weeks post germ, and 2 days ago they were transferred from the starter cups into their 5 gallon final destination using the soil mix initially noted. Now under an HLG 550 with PAR dialed down to 500.
                        Running temps in mid 70's during 18/6, dropping to low 60's when lights off.

Since these are regular seeds, I also started #3 this week, hoping I get a 66% fem rate so I can run 2 thru harvest.

Transfer from starter cups was easy due to great root structure. Very impressed with abundance of roots. Easy peasy 3 weeks in.

BTW, I'm 9 for 9 with seed germination rate. Strong genetics Ab.

Comment

Showing sex at 23 days

Wow are these siblings quick to puberty.
                          Only 23 days and BAM, 1 is clearly showing MALE pods and the other showing FEMALE pistols.
                          Moving MALE into its own 3x2 cabinet to harvest pollen.
                          Started a 3rd seed the other week with hope it's a FEMALE for the perfect 3-some.
                          Each plant is 4" tall.

Comment

Hoping for the stretch. Due to initial small germinating container, they may not perform like the usual G&G. Bravo on the show!

afterthought autos

sigpic

Comment

Next round I'll start them in final pot. That's why itsa test grow. We'll get to compare. Long way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X