Seedbay legit now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by audioaddict View Post
    I know this possibly sounds a bit cheeky, but they did blatantly rip me off twice three years ago.

So, is seedbay legit?
    Can I make an order and expect acknowledgment... dare I say it the thing I paid for to actually be sent??

I know that sounds harsh, but like back in the day, seedbay has some interesting genetics, supports forum users etc.

I will not be ripped off a third time though.
    The last two times still haven't been explained to me, beyond other forum users assuring me that seedbay had some difficulties... which is not my concern to be honest.

Anyone got any reasons why I should trust these guys now?
    I've made quite a few orders from seedbay/real gorilla seeds/seedboutique and all have come way faster than I expected. I never had an issue with the bay in the past either so I've had 100% success over many orders.

*edit* I wouldn't be surprised if they lost shit when they were doing the 'mail in cash' deal. I'm guessing the record keeping for that was just stupidly bad.

Comment

Originally posted by VerdantGreen View Post
      If that's true then i don't understand why you didn't state it the first time.....

VG
      Duh! I understand you have a vested interest in this thread. So let me spell it out for you. I never said Seedbay screwed me. I merely stated that, having been burnt a 2nd time, I wouldn't pull the trigger a 3rd time. Nothing more! TBS, having been burnt in the past, I understand where he was coming from. OTOH, once you are stricken from my Christmas card list, you will never get a card from me! I hope that is clear enough for you
      Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
      https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
      but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
      the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
      may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post
        Duh! I understand you have a vested interest in this thread. So let me spell it out for you. I never said Seedman screwed me. I merely stated that, having been burnt a 2nd time, I wouldn't pull the trigger a 3rd time. Nothing more! TBS, having been burnt in the past, I understand where he was coming from. OTOH, once you are stricken from my Christmas card list, you will never get a card from me! I hope that is clear enough for you

The guy was asking specifically about Seedbay (not Seedman) and if people's recent experiences meant he should trust them again.
        You have only been a member here for 18 months and the bad spell was 3 years ago. You clearly haven't either bought from seedbay or been disappointed by them, but you weighed in anyway and told him not to bother.
        Having not been around for long, and having no experience of Seedbay or its historical problems, you didn't have the knowledge of Seedbay that he was asking about... so i pointed out that you shouldn't really have answered his question in such a definitive and negative way.
        I hope that is clear enough for YOU
        My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
        -----
        To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
        Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

I meant Seedbay. Whatever, argue with yourself, YOMIL!

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Comment

To summarize my answer I can't wait for that bluebdigiberry I'm sure they will show up 100 % all I can do is report what I find that's it man....

Comment

I'm thinking apple and lime I made these things f2 and I'm going to call it apple and lime kush now end of story

Comment

Interesting history lesson V.Green
                The Gorilla guys turned my order around quickly. If they're running the show I wouldn't expect any problems. Unless free beans annoy you.

Comment

I will stand up and vouch for panic (part of the new management team)...the guys a down to earth, honest, hard working, helpful guy. If payments are going missing because people arnt registering and tracking post then really thats on them..as they took that risk...people should be aware that people in the mail system get to know if a certain place is getting mail with cash in and will look for this sort of unregisterd untracked mail....be safe and use your brain folks...protect yourselfs as much as you can..ther are other safe and instant means of paying..the new management team for the bou, the bay and real gorilla will do their part...these guys arnt about messing people about...their a good team who are trying to make a change and already have made huge strides and many positive changes for a better more efficient experience for anyone who gives them a go....and you can always get hold of panic here and on the site email..who im sure is always happy to help with any queries and to help reassure you that your experience with them will be nothing but a positive one....I have no affiliation with them but can say all this from my own experience and from my few times that ive spoke to panic through pm....he's a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by f-e View Post
                    Unless free beans annoy you.
                    I am glad that you brought this up because I am pissed. I wanted 10 seeds and I ended up with 30. I got a free pack from the breeder and Gorilla threw in a pack as well. Bastards. And as if that wasn't enough, they are all great seeds so I can't just throw them out or give them away. Problems. Problems.
                    Current Grow: Showdown: Barney's Pink Kush vs Ultimate Pink Kush
                    Last Grow - Mixed Autos Is it Time for Show & Tell?
                    Arguing on the net is like yelling in space.

Comment

Originally posted by tobedetermined View Post
                      I am glad that you brought this up because I am pissed. I wanted 10 seeds and I ended up with 30. I got a free pack from the breeder and Gorilla threw in a pack as well. Bastards. And as if that wasn't enough, they are all great seeds so I can't just throw them out or give them away. Problems. Problems.
                      Absolutely. I give them a simple shopping list and a wod of cash, saying do what you can and I'm not interested in freebies. I knew stock level would change as my unexpected mail arrived and sure enough, half the bloody order was bigger packs than I asked for. I should really complain, but what if they send me more!

Comment

Interesting history lesson V.Green
                        The Gorilla guys turned my order around quickly. If they're running the show I wouldn't expect any problems. Unless free beans annoy you.
                        Originally posted by TheDarkStorm View Post
                        I will stand up and vouch for panic (part of the new management team)...the guys a down to earth, honest, hard working, helpful guy. If payments are going missing because people arnt registering and tracking post then really thats on them..as they took that risk...people should be aware that people in the mail system get to know if a certain place is getting mail with cash in and will look for this sort of unregisterd untracked mail....be safe and use your brain folks...protect yourselfs as much as you can..ther are other safe and instant means of paying..the new management team for the bou, the bay and real gorilla will do their part...these guys arnt about messing people about...their a good team who are trying to make a change and already have made huge strides and many positive changes for a better more efficient experience for anyone who gives them a go....and you can always get hold of panic here and on the site email..who im sure is always happy to help with any queries and to help reassure you that your experience with them will be nothing but a positive one....I have no affiliation with them but can say all this from my own experience and from my few times that ive spoke to panic through pm....he's a good guy.
                        Originally posted by tobedetermined View Post
                        Absolutely. I give them a simple shopping list and a wod of cash, saying do what you can and I'm not interested in freebies. I knew stock level would change as my unexpected mail arrived and sure enough, half the bloody order was bigger packs than I asked for. I should really complain, but what if they send me more!
                        To the OP, you got your answer!

Comment

Cheers Verdant... that does tie things together a bit.

I wasn't sure whether seedbay was still linked with the boutique or being run solo now, I still have a bit of catching up to do!

You look away for a year or two and everything is different!

Though, all seems to be different in a good way, I had noticed the Boutique had moved over to RealGorilla a while ago, glad to hear the bay is running smooth too... not great news for my seed/to do list, is getting more complicated by the day!

The PTG is one I was looking at actually, I remember the Pine Tar Kush being huge on here years ago, always wanted to try.

Comment

Originally posted by VerdantGreen View Post
                            I
                            You can't be much of a supporter of ICmag if you are flippantly telling people not to use seedbay without any real reason for it.
                            VG
                            1st i'll say i have ordered from seedbay many,many times, and all have arrived safe....BUT... that was years ago, prob 5-6-7yrs since my last order...

i read the post as the guy ordered 'twice' and the orders were not received... and he's asking if it's safe to order now - nothing more, nothing less..

and i'll end it with ... if the 'non-delivery' was the fault of seedbay, and the company is now up and running normally, shouldn't seedbay make amends for the past hiccup/s...

Comment

That isn't really a question for me to answer.

I just took exception to Switcher, who has NEVER ordered from seedbay, answering a question about whether or not seedbay was reliable these days.

VG
                              My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
                              -----
                              To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
                              Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

You can order, it was ok for me and fast. 3 orders last year. Like others say, Panic is a cool guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X