Seedbay legit now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedbay legit now?

I know this possibly sounds a bit cheeky, but they did blatantly rip me off twice three years ago.

So, is seedbay legit?
    Can I make an order and expect acknowledgment... dare I say it the thing I paid for to actually be sent??

I know that sounds harsh, but like back in the day, seedbay has some interesting genetics, supports forum users etc.

I will not be ripped off a third time though.
    The last two times still haven't been explained to me, beyond other forum users assuring me that seedbay had some difficulties... which is not my concern to be honest.

Anyone got any reasons why I should trust these guys now?

Originally posted by audioaddict View Post
    I know this possibly sounds a bit cheeky, but they did blatantly rip me off twice three years ago.

So, is seedbay legit?
    Can I make an order and expect acknowledgment... dare I say it the thing I paid for to actually be sent??

I know that sounds harsh, but like back in the day, seedbay has some interesting genetics, supports forum users etc.

I will not be ripped off a third time though.
    The last two times still haven't been explained to me, beyond other forum users assuring me that seedbay had some difficulties... which is not my concern to be honest.

Anyone got any reasons why I should trust these guys now?
    They say 3 times a charm, not!

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
    but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
    the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
    may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

I placed my 1st order in November. It was shipped promptly & arrived perfectly so it worked for me.
      Current Grow: Showdown: Barney's Pink Kush vs Ultimate Pink Kush
      Last Grow - Mixed Autos Is it Time for Show & Tell?
      Arguing on the net is like yelling in space.

Comment

seedbay has been running just great again for at least a couple of years now.
        My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
        -----
        To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
        Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

I have never had any problem with seedbay and recent order was great, fast and correct. Ya never know until you try.

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post
            They say 3 times a charm, not!

so have you ordered from seedbay recently and been let down ?
            My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
            -----
            To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
            Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

I don't think that logic applies when it is a company that is supposed to be in good standing, capable of taking resposibilty and communicating etc...

I made a second order, as I was led to believe the first had been posted and lost in the mail.

The reason I ask now, in a very forthright manner, is that I did learn my lesson with these guys.

They do look "under new management" so to speak, it was a few years ago... water under bridges etc.
              Though I am no fool, and I see no harm in testing the water and asking before I start browsing their site and getting a wantlist on the go!

Originally posted by tobedetermined View Post
              I placed my 1st order in November. It was shipped promptly & arrived perfectly so it worked for me.

Originally posted by VerdantGreen View Post
              seedbay has been running just great again for at least a couple of years now.

Originally posted by Lester Beans View Post
              I have never had any problem with seedbay and recent order was great, fast and correct.

Cheers guys, good to know.
              I do love the idea of the bay, supports small growers/breeders, loads of interesting stuff, I wouldn't mind getting some of my own hacks up on there one day.

I did promise myself never again after getting bumped twice in a row, and had long been of the assumption that seedbay was dead.

Deffo glad they sorted their issues out, something dodgy took place back in 2017 or so, not sure what it was but it was something! lol

Originally posted by Lester Beans View Post
              Ya never know until you try.

Nooooo!
              This is what I said to myself last time!

Comment

Prolly spent 10k in the past decade with Seedbay,never screwed,not once.

Comment

Originally posted by VerdantGreen View Post
                  so have you ordered from seedbay recently and been let down ?
                  What does that have to do with anything? It is akin pics or it never happened.

Buddy was fooled twice (or so he says). Simple math, do you want to get burned a 3rd time?

Then again "three times a charm", roll the dice. Nothing more!!!

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Comment

What does that have to do with anything? It is akin pics or it never happened.

Buddy was fooled twice (or so he says). Simple math, do you want to get burned a 3rd time?

Then again "three times a charm", roll the dice. Nothing more!!!
                    I'll take that as a NO !
                    The guy is asking if seedbay has recovered from a bad patch a few years ago... so advising him not to buy when you seem to have no recent experience is bad form imo...
                    Seedbay and Bou were the original seed vendors at ICmag and always helped pay for the site to exist...

Seedbay is also where hobby breeders at the IC get to release their wares.
                    You can't be much of a supporter of ICmag if you are flippantly telling people not to use seedbay without any real reason for it.

There is no rule in the TOU (afaik) that says you have to post in every single thread that gets started - whether you have anything useful to say or not.

sincerely,

VG
                    -----
                    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Definitely track your letter I got burned 3 times I'm pretty sure they all made it but it was regular mail no tracking I'm sure because I used to send to another place In UK and it always got their then I sent here confident that who ever was running the place when gypsy was gone would not screw me well they did rob me who was it ? I don't know and can't prove anything they were small orders I learned my lesson for sure
                      Now you can pay right away no mail bullcrap and I have received 3 real gorrilla letters in accordance with British law so fuck you usa dea
                      They tell you to send tracked but it's so much easier to just put a stamp and send it I honestly feel the letters were getting their and people were being thieves so that's why gypsy changed to real gorrilla good honest guys I have not tried sending anything with regular mail recently but again you can pay right away no fucking waiting for weeks to see if your ass gets robbed or not and again I it's under new management and yea I love these dudes their the only ones that said yes to my Mexican seed collection everyone else saw no value in it lol their loss.
                      No I haven't sent anything yet I'm happy I have them and can grow them myself and that's all that matters and if I do decide to send in the 20 or 30 different Mexico seed batches I can spare it will be tracked for damn sure it's only like 15 dollars so your letter won't get "lost"

Ptk was my last purchase pine tar kush from verdant green no pine in it though that was strange so what does that mean? It means they have small untested batches of seed for sale or someone switched my seeds so hmmm it makes me wonder what the hell is going on
                      You should seal your packs if you sell with glue or heat to stick the bag together do a double bag a small sealed bag within a larger bag because we use those to store the seed that's what I will do maybe someday seal the seeds I sell

Comment

Originally posted by audioaddict View Post
                        I don't think that logic applies when it is a company that is supposed to be in good standing, capable of taking responsibility and communicating etc...

I made a second order, as I was led to believe the first had been posted and lost in the mail.

The reason I ask now, in a very forthright manner, is that I did learn my lesson with these guys.

They do look "under new management" so to speak, it was a few years ago... water under bridges etc.

Though I am no fool, and I see no harm in testing the water and asking before I start browsing their site and getting a want list on the go!
                        Hey, I got burn a while ago as well, sometimes shit happens, sometimes not. I didn't dip my toe in the water a 2nd time. I understand your rationale. I gave you my response.

Comment

Hey, I got burn a while ago as well, sometimes shit happens, sometimes not. I didn't dip my toe in the water a 2nd time. I understand your rationale. I gave you my response.

If that's true then i don't understand why you didn't state it the first time.....

VG
                          -----
                          Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Interesting that some have never had a problem.

First ever seeds I bought where from the boutique many years ago, and always had good experiences.

Was back in 2017 when I last made orders here, bought stuff from the boo no problem, then next two orders from seedbay, which I think where the first times I got stuff from there, both never came through, and the guy I was speaking to went quiet on me.

There seemed to be a few others having similar experiences at the time, with no real feedback in the forum here, so I just put it down to experience as it wasn't a great deal of money... more the lack of communication/uncertainty.

I don't know why, but I was sure seedbay and boutique then both stopped trading, I am starting to think I may have imagined that part having looked around these forums a bit more!

Maybe they where just dead to me! IDK.

I still actually get annoyed when I think about the things I ordered... one was some DJ Short blueberry f2, resulting from a 7 pack open pollination, or something to that effect.
                            I hate not knowing if they got sent, and just ended up stuck in some Post Office machine somewhere! Grrrrr

Comment

I was one of the last sellers at seedbay in the bad times.that was when i did the PTK repro... i wouldn't say they were dishonest.. more disorganized really. There was no-one running the place full time... OP was commuting from Scotland afaik.. and they had huge incoming mail problems.

I had a fair bit of money owed to me for seeds...
                              When Gypsy was freed, he asked me to go and see him to tie up loose ends, and he gave me a wad of cash there and then, which generously paid me up for what was missing.

He has got paniks to do the site and he runs a very tight ship nowadays, and seeds get listed and payments made in good order.

It may have the same name but for all intents and purposes it is a different shop.

HTH

VG
                              Last edited by VerdantGreen; 12-19-2020, 16:19. Reason: sp.
                              -----
                              Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Working...
                              X