No announcement yet.

MBS test grow .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cherrychunk x MBS are in mid flower now , six visually identical girls and four clone like males , did not expect this from a ten plant snapshot , strange enougth to pop another twenty and have a better look.

Expected ten expressions from ten plants from the mix , the clone like results are unexpected.

Vigour is extreme , odour profile is MBS dominant on all , basic structure is a blend of both lines and fine structure shows cherrychunk influence in detail , lush vibrant green and intersex free to date , might do better outdoors or under glass , these are in two litres and need a lot more to shine.

Comment

Have tried four previous males on the cherrychunk with mixed results , a wonderfull plant in every way apart from a harsh flavour.

The MBS male used looks to be winner , smell is exactly that of the best girls from the original and F2 MBS , two have the sharp blackcurrant from the CC mixed in , wish i had taken clones but will reveg.

Large plants for two litres of soil and a bit rootbound , twelve inch fans high up showing CC leaf anomaly trait , really strong stems , they deserve sunlight and root space in a better climate than the UK can offer.

Undersides starting to trich up now , leaf edges curling up like DC , must be an MBS trait as not seen in any CC f2,s.

Original MBS clones from the first run proved stable and desirable , in several local grows now and being actively spread , high yield when pushed and has survived awfull abuse from a youtube educated young grower.

Huge thankyou and respect to moonunit for the quality and amount of work that has been done with the MBS and for giveing me the chance to explore the line , worthy of release as is and the final release should be of exeptional quality when available.

Growing out a ten pack gives little insight to a cross , running good numbers of F2,s and outcroosing both ways reveals the truth and MBS shines so far.

Comment

wow you must be happy with that one foomar ??
        just lovely looking ,
        a picture perfect bud in my eyes ...

they look quite a lot like zoidfuel ive grown outdoors before ,,
        heaps of fat pistils and the buds form perfect nuggets , very solid with lots of resin ...
        cant wait to see how she looks toward the end of flowering ...

blackcurrent smells mmmmm
        always a pleasure to see your work mr foomar ...

Comment

hi foomar m8, looking lovely. Cant wait to here your smoke reports on the outcrosses, the cc outcross looks great.
          The first mbs2 and z99 f3 are just about ready to be tested and then hopefully released finaly lol. The z99 f2 mother of the z99 f3 gen has the resin curl on the leaves although it has strictly no deepchink in the z99 line, with no chance of cross pollenation or mix up. i have seen the trait in a few line, but never so prevelent and true breeding as in the deepchunk line. Add to that the trait being in the z99 line abeit rare, its not surprising to see it in your outcrosses, and good to see. More resin equals more medicine, the trics just have to have a good profile aswell as being numerous.
          keep up the great work m8
          much respect
          moonunit
          thejuicemedia
          spreading the word of truth like champs

Comment

Oh and i must agree with don, i can see lots of zoidfuel in those pics , its there, just doing its thing subtlely
            much respect
            moonunit
            thejuicemedia

Comment

lol and i forgot, i must give props to dogsnob for the deepchunk cut, he gave me a bunch of indica cuts as i was looking for indica to cross with my sat lines, and the dc he gave me was my favorite by far, from old tom hill stock, to whom i must also give huge props not only breeding a great indica breeding line (dc), but also giving don and myself the ok to use it. True class act and huge ty to tom hill for brreding the dc, and to nobber for selecting the cut.
              Also the c99 that the bros grim bred and the don refined after they left, much props and respect
              Slow, well thought out and implented breeding techs work well and the proof is in the pudding so to speak, there is no time shortcuts in the journey to quality and unique final lines, we take no short cuts
              much respect
              moonunit
              thejuicemedia

Comment

Three cheers anyone? I am SOOO looking forward to this! Good on you guys for being so persistent.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement , takeing many MBS clones now for a cold indoor grow this winter , they manage well in low temps and take on some lovely colours.

The Cherrychunk x MBS are getting there but will run 75+ , some interesting expressions now , all have a solid basic CC structure with a range of bud forms and odours.

This girl is the most MBS leaning in bud form , yield quite low , pure MBS odour.

Underleaf frosting is extreme on this CC leaning one , odour very MBS , yield massive , fingers crossed for a reveg.

Have dusted one bud with pollen fom the original MBS male , hopefully some will retain the yield with more MBS flavour , might knock a week of the flowertime too.

Comment

Tight buds on this one , has the smelly socks odour of an original MBS , almost rootbound and climbing out of a two litre pot.

Cherrychunk from mountainhigh seeds is ...

Vcb [Mr Greengenes CherryBomb/DF´s Venomberry] X Deepchunk IBL

Comment

Colours now kicking in as temps drop to seasonal norm , dark cycle air temps will track outdoor ambient and dip near zero most winters , heated rootzone allows decent yield and cute plants.

This has the pigtail pistill trait from the CC side , will be a stunner by the end.

This one has the longest flowertime of the six , all are unique in detail and would expect many other variations to be found from this somewhat complicated cross.

Last edited by foomar; 10-23-2011, 20:08.

Comment

Very pretty ladies Foomar. Looks like they'll be easy to trim to boot.

Comment

This is the most rewarding one from the first six for sure , has MBS odour and the metallic CC colour kicked in late and finished fast

She carries about a hundred seed fathered by the MBS male used in the original cross , this is the only one with the upturned leaf edge and heavy underleaf frosting i take as a DC trait.

Comment

Some of these are worth a second run , chop day clone and a prayer , MBS dominates smell and flavour in fast dried samples from all of them , all plants are solid CC structure.

Thats a pretty good result for a simple cross , the cherrychunk flavours normally dominate however outcrossed , this MBS male has potential.

Comment

The final girl is running to around 85 days , some real colours now and has the desired odour , bud structure high up is unlike anything found so far in either line , lower buds well triched.

Comment

This MBS seed plant has a casey male as father , interested to see how this battle works out , MBS odour/flavour dominated the CC cross but probably not entirely this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X