The origins of Ducksfoot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The origins of Ducksfoot.

I've some Duckies for the summer ahead. I'm wondering what the genetic background of the Ducks are. If this topic has been covered here can someone point me too that info? So are there any Duck enthusiasts willing to chime in?

Hey cerunnos,
    We are not sure of the origin's,
    But with some modern tech we may have a better idea in the future...

Comment

An old man came down from the Chilean mountains told me the truth about Ducksfoot Cannabis.

He explained to me that a flock of Muscovy ducks were flying near a field of a cannabis and ate
      some seeds. Then they made their way South to Antarctica from Argentina and got hit with a
      Japanese oil slick contaminated with radioactive material.

By the time the cannabis seeds passed thru the ducks gut they were mutated.

Now they grow with webbing like ducks feet.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Donald has agreed to help acquire some duck's foot samples to see if we can identify a SNP related to the Duck lines...if we find such a SNP we can then start sorting through other data points to see where we might see that SNP turn up, and possible track where and when the mutation arose. We know it exists in multiple lines, and is recessive so it can and does pop up occasionally in different seed lines.

Thanks for your help with this one Donald, it's much appreciated!

-Chimera
        Last edited by Chimera; 06-18-2016, 00:17.
        More Agriculture
        Less Agro-Culture

Comment

Originally posted by oldbean
          Wally's duckfoot was one of the legendary strains mynbuddy who mentored me back in the day used to rave about....

What does it taste like?
          The original seeds i acquired of it were mixed ,
          had some webbed leaf plants and some non webbed ,
          boy did it stink ,
          a friend said he could smell it outside his closed car after he left some in there and wondered how i ever transported it ..
          Taste was delicious , and you could taste it a long time afterwards ,, coffee , lemon , hash , real lick your lips sort of taste ...

I messed up in my reproduction of it unfortunately,
          having learnt a lot since then i know where i went wrong ,
          and the original seeds a friend held for me went missing , so there was no way to return to where we started ..

It was all good experience though ...

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Mallard View Post
            The original seeds i acquired of it were mixed ,
            had some webbed leaf plants and some non webbed ,
            boy did it stink ,
            a friend said he could smell it outside his closed car after he left some in there and wondered how i ever transported it ..
            Taste was delicious , and you could taste it a long time afterwards ,, coffee , lemon , hash , real lick your lips sort of taste ...

I messed up in my reproduction of it unfortunately,
            having learnt a lot since then i know where i went wrong ,
            and the original seeds a friend held for me went missing , so there was no way to return to where we started ..

It was all good experience though ...
            Hows it going Donald, sorry to hear that you lost the seeds, I still have a female and six more seeds from the original pack I purchased. When I can get a chance I am going to sprout those and hopefully get a male or two and do an open pollination. If all goes well I would like to give some of those seeds back to you.
            sigpic
            Black Creek Gardens

Along came a Spyder.

http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112296

Spyderweb (purple webbed leaf autoflower)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225899

Comment

Hey guys ,
              many thanks for your offers,
              but they are all actually after my mistake ,, hehe ..
              though i do recommend that you make those beans canned abyss1..
              they are most certainly useful and i would grow some ,
              while they are not the same as the first plants i grew ,
              they are still really fun to grow ,
              and the pot still puts a wide grin on my dial ...

Comment

Nice to see some action here, thanks all for posting and thanks for the responses Wal. How did you aquire the initial seeds?

Comment

A guy i worked with cerunnos ,
                  spoke of it a bit ,, didnt mention webbed leaf ,
                  just three fingered leaf , once i saw it , i knew it was something very different ...

Comment

So, the original seeds were just some that were floating around the Aussie gene pool. What time period was this Wal? Sorry, if you've already explained it elsewhere hehe

Comment

I know y'all are talking about a different line but I'll throw this up just in case it helps someone.

Girl scout cookies strain spits bag seeds that are occasionally Ducksfoot.

I bought my first cookies in Feb 2012 in the Bay Area from IC member OgKushBreath who was growing this cookie line that became known later as OGKB GSC.

I got 5 seeds that had one regular male and one Ducksfoot pheno I named Stink Panties and passed as a clone to many here.
                      the pheno that won the 2015 cup had regular leaves but is named OGKB 2.0 because it has similar strength to it's mom.

Stink Panties

tough to find a strain with this kind of frost

these pheno's are quite inbred, slow to veg, and almost sterile.
                      the ones I've found in my crosses are mostly micro buds and no smell but the winners are the frostiest stinkiest meds I've ever seen.

I have 8 examples in flower now with 2 being males.
                      I'm working with them ever though they have little commercial potential in our current situation.

the good ones of which I've seen 3 so far are really amazing in their flavor and terpene profile and very medicinal. "midget nurses"
                      I suspect someday soon we will see the end of plant counts and then perhaps these terpene rich but low yielding strains will be grown for their extraction value.

even the ones that are weak I find beautiful and hope to have luck creating an ornamental line with these males.

these Ducksfoot phenos pop out of the crosses I've made with my male OGKB bagseed "CookieBoi"

One of the latest lines that I'm testing now has thrown both male and female examples and I call the line Weirdo-si-dos [Forum GSC x (GG#4 x OGKB S1 male"cookieBoi")].
                      It will be released next month sometime. the #5 female is even louder than Stink Panties with huge OG kush and headband flavors mixed with cheesy vagina odor, Yum!

Weirdo-si-dos #10

Weirdo-si-dos #5

I swear after you smoke these you won't care about the yield or veg time. ultimate head stash weed that money can't buy.

the regular phenos are normal for cookie yields and are above average in terpenes though.

in my last seed pop across a dozen lines I found 8 Ducksfoot phenos in 100 beans, the 2 males I found should help me get those numbers up in future lines.
                      uncontested 2015 IC Cup overall Champion and 1ST place growers Indica with OGKB 2.0
                      ______________________________ ______________________________ __________________
                      Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro???
                      ScoutBreath, SquareBreath and OGKB 99 - the OGKB 2.0 IBL adventure.
                      GorillaBreath, GorillaTwin, GlueRoom and G99 - Glue and Cookies Conjoined
                      ForumBreath, Sluggo, and Weirdo-si-dos
                      Locomotive Breath & SourOGKB, Dude you got OGKB on my ECSD!
                      Chunky's Bagseeds info on IG

Comment

Square Breath #5 [OGKB 2.0 x (OGKB 2.0 x CookieBoi)] female example

Gorilla Twin #7 [GG#4 x (GG#4 x CookieBoi)] on left, Stink Panties in veg on right

Glue Room #1 - [(GG#4 x CookieBoi) x (GG#4 x CookieBoi)]

Glue Room #7

Weirdo-si-dos male left, Locomotive Breath male right (ECSD x CookieBoi)

info on these seeds in the link in RED in my sig
                        uncontested 2015 IC Cup overall Champion and 1ST place growers Indica with OGKB 2.0
                        ______________________________ ______________________________ __________________
                        Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro???
                        ScoutBreath, SquareBreath and OGKB 99 - the OGKB 2.0 IBL adventure.
                        GorillaBreath, GorillaTwin, GlueRoom and G99 - Glue and Cookies Conjoined
                        ForumBreath, Sluggo, and Weirdo-si-dos
                        Locomotive Breath & SourOGKB, Dude you got OGKB on my ECSD!
                        Chunky's Bagseeds info on IG

Comment

Originally posted by Cernunnos View Post
                          So, the original seeds were just some that were floating around the Aussie gene pool. What time period was this Wal? Sorry, if you've already explained it elsewhere hehe
                          It was around 2000 Cernunnos ,
                          the duck #2 i have was found by a friend in australia earlier than i found mine ,, ive also heard of several others to see plants like that from seeds in australia ...

Hey chunky ,
                          interesting plants man ,, and dang nice resin ,
                          if they show the trait perhaps we need to get some tested also ,
                          maybe u could try some of the other ducksfoot over your girls and see what you get ..

Comment

I remember the ducksfoot being very popular in my area in Australia around 2002 a few of my mates had seeds and a few really nice grows going around that time of this strain and I still remember the look of the mutated webbed leaves looking very indica and the buds being very thick and heavy however the effect and high when smoked was very sativa and uplifting it is probably one of my favorite smokes of all time and a beautiful plant to grow as well I would give anything to get my hands on those genetics now
                            you wanna get high!

Comment

U-ground Seed Collective breeds them.Not in stock though.

Interested

Comment

Working...
                              X