• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ducks in a row

Here are my Ducks in a row.

Oops! Twisted Duck

Happy Happy Duck

They're planted hempy style in 32oz. cups. The media it's planted in is either regular Hempy 3-1 perlite-vermiculite or NAPA(the auto parts store) sweeping compound made of fired diamotacious earth. I heard about this from some bonsai growers. Lucas formula feed. I think the first two times I watered them I used 1/2 Lucas formula but mostly full Lucas. I had a few nute burn problems and had to go back to straight water a couple of times. My ph is about 6.0. Not because of any deep thought on my part. My tap water is about 7.0 ph and adding GH nutrients to make Lucas formula puts it at 6.0 and it seems to work so why change. My water is fairly low PPM out of the tap. The twisted one was really tall when I twisted it. Probably three and a half feet or so. To tall for where it needed to go. I take no credit for the twist. Another grower came up with the idea of twisting the stalk while bending it. This keeps it from breaking. Kind of like a demented super cropping. I do take credit, or abuse as the case may be, for a moment of retardation where I kept twisting until I ended up in a circle. Must have been listening to Chubby Checkers at the time. When you twist as far as I did you need to twist and crush the fibers in very small increments. Like every 3/8". Also you better have some nursery tape handy to cover up the splits in the skin. If you bend to far and get a kink you can splint the stem with something stiff like electrical wire. The reason I did such a weird thing is ; First-I Didn't have enough height. Second- Maybe you could do this to stretchy Sativas and grow them in a smaller space. Of course I didn't show you the pictures of the two bag seed plants I totally destroyed trying to make this work.

it still looks like weed to me. does it look like weed to regular people who dont spend all day on icmag? good shit btw i wanted to pick up a couple packs of these just to mess around with.

Comment

looks likes hardy shrub besides most noobs dont know what weed is 2 feet from their face and the leaves are the biggest seller .

I've always thought about the capabilities of absorbing light the pros and cons to compound/webbed leaf mallard got a comment for a lad?
      ^disclaimer^this post does not promote anarchy. Please; be a good American.

Comment

I don't wish to get in some big "yes it does, no it don't" argument but it really does not look like a pot plant. I have some flowering now and the top leaves are not as ducky but they still don't look like a typical pot plant. They also still have the lower duckfoot leaves and that breaks up the image. I would think the large leaves would help it grow faster. One thing that's strange though is that the leaves are very thin. Like a fine parchment.
        I wonder how they look on infrared? I've got a pair of those cheap kids toy infrared glasses on order. I'm going to look at my plants and see if the show up more .
        They are fairly green. Be nice to breed in a little purple. One time I showed a friend of mine some plants I had. They were about to come down and they had a lot of gold and darker green. He walked right up to them and didn't even see them. I think if it's not bright green with real pointed leaves most people would walk right by. I also don't think rippers would recognize it as well.

Comment

just thought to check in since you had a look at my thread and now its bookmarked as to remind me to look in now and then to see how things go...good luck.HH. =]-~
          ....yea i think i'll have the fresh marijuana salad.

sigpic

Comment

quack quack...I been growing over15 years and I neverseen that b4
            very interesting

Comment

Well here's some ducks beginning to flower. happyherb's look much better. Of course he's not growing in 32 oz. cups either and he's better grower than I am. Yes mine do have some nute burn. I believe they have been flowering a week or so. Can't remember for sure.

The top leaves are still fascinated although not as much as when it started. The sets of leaves are still connected together but more pointy.

Comment

Be sure to let us know how the smoke is...that looks perfect to have a little "hidden away" garden somewhere. Do you think most people wouldn't know what it was if they saw it? Could you grow it amongst a variety of other bushes and get away with it? What does it resemble? My interest is piqued...

Comment

I haven't smoked it yet. All the smoke reports I have except for one have been really good. Let you know in a couple months. I don't believe anyone ,for most of it's veg time would notice it. Happyherb's plant is further along flowering than mine is and it still doesn't look completely weedish. I live in the Southeastern U.S. and there's a weed that looks remarkably similar to the Ducksfoot. I think it's called Milkweed. If you were careful about your digging I think people would walk right past it. One good or bad thing ,depending on how you look at it, is that outdoors it gets huge. I'm attempting to auto flower it. Probably take a while. I think the ultimate plant would be if you could get a little purple in it, keep the fasciation (webbing), breed a semi-auto done the end of August and an auto done in 8 to 12 weeks.

Comment

I couldn't resist and pulled a little bud. I cut a little piece off and also took a couple of clones saving the little buds on top of the clones. Dried it in the microwave and took two small hits. Definitely Sativa. Not sure about the taste. I forgot to pay close attention and write it down. I remember good though not harsh. Got a good buzz off of two small hits. I'm a lightweight though. It's not close to finish. I believe this is going to be a winner. Had a up, lets get going type high. I wasn't anxious. Pot sometimes makes me feel anxious and uncomfortable if it's up. I would really like it if it proved to be a motivating buzz without anxiety. I pollinated them yesterday and today with Blue Streak , an autoflower, and Ducksfoot. Here's some pics. The two plants in the front are Ducksfoot. As they flower they look more weedish as you can see. If they are viewed from a more horizonal position they still look less like weed.

Comment

hi how its possible to grow a plant in cup......great...

Comment

I don't know. It's hempy style. Lucas formula for most plants. The duck gets a little burnt though. Have to use straight water every other watering. Growing in NAPA sweeping compound. A fired diatomaceous earth. Heard about it from bonsai growers. I meant to just make some seeds and it was what I had handy. Works exceptionally well considering it's only a 32oz. cup.

Comment

More pics

They're coming along nicely. Had a slight amount of nute burn. They're real sensitive to nutes. Of course it's not big thick Indica buds but it's not supposed to be. They actually look better than the pictures. My camera sucks and the photographer is not so swift either. Some are already partially pollinated. Only have one male pollinating right now. Have two more showing but not dropping pollen yet. Has any one got any ideas on how to reveg my males? Can I just cut off the stamen and put back under 18/6 light. I would like to collect a larger quantity of pollen and an already rooted plant would surely produce quicker. Or I could be wrong and clones of my males are the way to go. I have cloned them. Some of the clones have not done very well. Any ideas?

Comment

Nice DF Vicious. Amazing plant huh. You should repot those that are still in the cups. It will help ya in the water department and less likely to burn also will increase yeild. Jmo
                            As far as keeping the male around. Your best bet is the clones you took and keeping them alive and healthy under 20-4 ish. You could try to reveg the male but as far as cutting off the male flowers why not just let em open up an collect if that's your goal( more DF pollen)
                            Anyhow gotta love the Duck! Keep up the work make lots of beans and spread the love. Peace. Rodney

Comment

Rodney-I'm not sure I understand. All the flowers have already opened and spread pollen. I would like more. Once a flower lets its pollen go that's it right? The plant will probably not make substantially more flowers will it?
                              I'm going to keep them in the small cups. It's a demented weird experiment I have going. Actually I don't have a lot of headroom or space. As long as they are working like they have been I'm happy. I'm trying not to bottleneck the genetics too much so having more small plants is better than a few large.
                              Have you seen happyherb's thread "why dont you grow ducks foot indoors? cause >>"
                              http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=147085
                              His look much better than mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X