Which Mr.Nice Strains still Using the Original Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Mr.Nice Strains still Using the Original Parents

As ive heard many of the original breeding parents have been lost over the years but I have no clue as to which ones.. im mainly intrested in the nl#5 x haze, Nevils hz, ssh and mango haze of today vs yesterday.

Anyone ?

Originally posted by Quitters View Post
    As ive heard many of the original breeding parents have been lost over the years but I have no clue as to which ones.. im mainly intrested in the nl#5 x haze, Nevils hz, ssh and mango haze of today vs yesterday.

Anyone ?
    I think @hempy could help you figure it out, he's more of a Mrnice expert
    "American growers are looking for the same thing: strong, overpowering, two-toke indica with huge yields. My number one seller is Northern Lights.”— (RIP) Nevil Schoenmakers

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlush View Post
      I think @hempy could help you figure it out, he's more of a Mrnice expert

The last packs of MrNice gear Hempy ran are nothing like what people are seeing in Shanti's gear now. It was a long time ago, and he was running tester pack of mango haze that was different from the parents chosen for the production seed run.

Shanti always claims to use the original parents, and nobody can prove that he doesn't have them.
      Stalemate.

Instead of asking what parents he uses @Quitters, it might be more productive for you to tell people what kind of offspring you are hoping to find in MNS packs.
      Raho
      Check out the Haze Hybrid action here:
      The Haze hybrid Thread
      My old oHaze grow:
      Everything x oBoy

“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”

Comment

this post is from 2015
        Originally posted by MrDank View Post
        I really hate to say this, but I ran a whole pack of SSH seeds (purchased 2013) 6 months ago and there were many herms and I didn't find a single plant worth running again in that pack

Definitely way different plants compared to the pack I purchased in 2004. I definitely think he changed parents because that old pack was full of winners
        If all things were turned to smoke, the nostrils would distinguish them.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHA KALA View Post
          this post is from 2015
          Solid post from Mr.Dank.

I guess it just depends on how much haze/sativa you want to find in your run. There are a lot of killer sativa options out there today.
          Have you checked out seedbay.com @Quitters ?
          Last edited by Raho; 02-02-2021, 17:34.
          Raho
          Check out the Haze Hybrid action here:
          The Haze hybrid Thread
          My old oHaze grow:
          Everything x oBoy

“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”

Comment

My advice would be run a search on the strains your interested in and look for grow logs of people currently growing them out.Read and come to your own conclusion what i did and what i suggest people do also.

Look on the Forums lots of info out there.
            Team-Haze

Comment

All i can speak of are the '2' var's we have grown - both were in the yellow packs bought 12-15yrs ago- we still have about 1/2 pack of each...

mango haze and his ssh... in a word.... GARBAGE....

others may have found gems.... we found turds...

Comment

Im very happy with my SSHs. I found 2 keepers, 3 fairly good females, and 3 medium quality females. It needs a bit of phenohunt, but i think that's how it was always with mrnice. i would not recommend anyone to plant half a packet or less, there is a difference in quality between the best and the worst plants.
                I don't know if shanti used the same parents that Nevil use, i expected more sativa plants, but never planted ssh before.
                My opinion, the seeds worth the amount paid for them, and the time invested. My two super silver haze are my favorite keepers and totally different from each other.
                I have little experience with mrnice, so this is just my personal opinion, im not any kind of "expert"

ssh8

ssh4

Comment

Why so serious? Auction...

Comment

Originally posted by zachrockbadenof View Post
                    All i can speak of are the '2' var's we have grown - both were in the yellow packs bought 12-15yrs ago- we still have about 1/2 pack of each...

mango haze and his ssh... in a word.... GARBAGE....

others may have found gems.... we found turds...
                    If you like id be happy to take the remains of those 2 packs off your hands....
                    What did the plants come out like zachrockbadenof...eg.were there multiple phenotypes, or were they quite stable consistently giving the haze like plants it has by design on both sides of the parentage but with varying degrees of touches of nl5 or sk#1..were they tall, stretchy, low yielding, quite long flowering ? Be intresting to know what you found and your experience a bit more please.
                    Thanks

Comment

As far as Shanti goes he claims to have backups to all his parents in several different countries. Very possible he's got the original parents. Of course do the original parents still produce the same seeds almost 30 years later?

I did recently see him in a video saying he only has 6 males which blew my mind as I always thought he did a lot more work, apparently he's just chucking pollen on some great clone only lines. Not a bad thing as I've always been happy, I really don't like Haze's though. They take forever to flower the yield is nothing special, sure the smoke is pretty good but I prefer the indica dominants hands down.

Definitely a little funny seeing the A5 Haze is just a clone only that anyone with connections can buy, for years I thought he was the only holder, yet Arjan definitely has it too. Also have a good feeling he didn't actually find White Widow on his own.

But the stories are cool, the genetics are definitely on point, but their are also lots of other great breeders, that have 2021 crosses. Lol, of course those auction prices get too good to pass up and Critical Mass is just amazing everyone should grow that beast, truly surprised you don't see as many crosses.

Comment

Working...
                      X