What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

woolybear

Veteran
Starting my 2014 grow thread. Having my old grows still around in threads to reference has been helpful, as I haven't popped beans for a year or so! Here are the beans:

MED Rock Star Kush (x4) x2 week1, x2 week2
Maple ridge rock star kush - so hard to get. only me and another have this clone.

MED Silver Rock Star Skunk (x4) x4 week1
silver rock star skunk - silver skunk x maple ridge rock star kush = 2 maple ridge legends collide for an amazing hybrid. expect big yields for the quality. beautiful buds, smell and taste. an array of road kill, earth, pine and blue cheese come through in this cross. both parents have no ceiling and are impossible to build immunity to, as most of my mothers are. 55-65 days.

MED ConKushian (x5) x1 week1, x3 week2, x1 week3
maple ridge kush clone #2 - unkown kush plant - 60-65 days - called mk ultra, master kush, og kush, bubba kush etc etc over the last 10 years. tastes exactly how it smells. very pungent and kushy with a nice sweet bottom. no cieling, no immunity. 250-300 an ounce in maple ridge. also known as maple ridge kush.

MED Silver Skunk Bx1 (Freebie x2)
x2 week1
MED Headband (Freebie x1)
x1 week1

The seeds got to a somewhat rocky start, sown in two rounds with the 2nd being about a week later... so some of these plants will be a week younger than the others. For simplicity sake I'll say as of 5/25 the plants in this pic are 10 days from seed:

picture.php

I can't recall when (in my last grows) exactly I transplanted the seedlings into 16oz cups. Checking a grow in my sig, in the past it was around day 22.

I'm keeping track of which are the most vigorous per the medman rule of 4. rks#1 in the front right is the winner of that race.

I think I'm going to put them under the LEDs soon.

Conkushian #5 is growing very slowly. Headband #1 I'm not sure is going to make it, has odd growth.

INFO:

i do notice that from seed almost all my stuff does best between 1.0 and 1.5 ec i do it all the time so i can tell they got a bit hot in the rootzone with salt. i notice with coco a 25% flush, then 50% strength then full strength regime works awesome, as coco can dry fast and salt can build up [LINK]

Last edited:

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey wooly

sweet suse, they are already on their way!

subbed for this one

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
thanks med-man.

seedlings are now definitely kickin into 2nd gear. very nice growth since the last update.

I'm feeding them H&G cocos mix at .7 ec (around 400ppm). I'm going to follow med man's instructions on feeding in another thread about conkushians, and keep the veg nutes from .7-.9 ec and in flower 1.0 -1.3.

I've sprinkled perlite dust on the top layer of the seedling's individual areas, as there are gnats in my area and the perlite helps keep them out.

The headband has recovered from its wierd initial funky growth.

For the early time i think every 10 days a photo update can happen. I hope the summer isn't too hot... and remember...

Always Be Flowering!

woolybear

Veteran
Most of the seedlings have roots shooting 360 degrees around their little cups. All healthy.

I enjoy this part of gardening. At the end of the evening, i spend a good 10-20 minutes staring at the plants. A marvel they are so vigorous, in a little tent, in a little room in my home.

The next stage is coming soon, transitioning to LEDs. Since the plants are so small they won't be nuked by the strong LED lightwaves... which will be a good 3' away from the wee ones. In my main tent I have my gen1 300w led and a 120 or something watt gen2 model.

I have them going on an 18/6 schedule. I should transplant them in 16oz cups this week. The question is do i go hempy style or no. Hempy beer cups! Sounds so fun, but last run I went with plain coco in plain 16oz cups, then in 1-gallon fabric pots for flowering.

Will post new pics soon, along with some closeup pics. The more detailed the better, as my previous grow threads will show.

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey wooly bear

gazing at plants is an awesome meditation for me too :)

cant wait for more pics

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
day 20

day 20

Day 20.

Plants are doing great. A few stragglers. Here's some pictures:

picture.php

conkushian
picture.php

srss
picture.php

rss
picture.php

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
I'll move the rest that have nice rootage into 16oz cups this week. I applied some myco fungus powder to the coco, i think we have some fungus action on these roots:

picture.php

Got to brew up some more tea!

picture.php

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey woolybear

thanks for the update

man, loving the labels

arent they all so cute at the size?

med-man

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A Med-Man fan - Yeah!

In post 8 that looks like root hairs, not mould

Root hairs develop in ideal conditions

They are the most efficient part of the root, ingesting on a micro level

Learned about this when I played with HPA (High Pressure Aeroponics)

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 30 UPDATE

DAY 30 UPDATE

DAY 30

The plants have exploded since last time. Conkushians bringing up the rear in terms of size. I'm going to have to transplant a bunch of these soon, based on the roots.

Top view. Row 1 is conkusians, 2 RKS, 3 SRSS:

picture.php

RKS:

picture.php

SRSS:

picture.php

Roots:
picture.php

The goal is to have all of these these transplants by the end of this week. Hopefully by the next update they supersize!

Slab

Hey woolybear,
They are all looking very healthy and happy. Im really looking forward to seeing the grow progress.

woolybear

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by slab!

I moved all the plants into 1-gallon fabric pots today, and doused them with 50% strength of that og biowar tea. I bought a bunch of cheap fabric pots a few years ago and have used them 2-3x each.

I'm pretty sure the fungus tea works, as I applied it in past grows and had no problems with insects. Prior I had to use an amid-based pesticide for those mfkn root aphids or whatever those bastages were.

I have them in the main tent with the 180w and 300w LEDs. I'm using H&G cocos for feed, as I have two bottles that were gathering dust.

Per advice I've seen from medman and others, I'm running them with very light nutes - topping out at around 900ppm but I hay bump it to 1.2ec. Trying out the med man 25% - 50% - 100% strength nute routine. Hey medman what kind of schedule do you run that on? X days each or something like that?

And the tent is definitely emitting skunky smells.

I'm attempting to maintain a tea culture as I'm low on the starting material. The tea was rocking, lots of foam, nonoffensive odor.

I used 3/4 of my tea for transplanting today. I topped it off with R/O water and gave it about 100ml of molasses as a food source, bubbling with an air stone.

My theory is the little shit funguses, with fresh food and 300% fresh water, will go nuts and multiply.... so I don't have to spend $30 again on bags of talc and spores.

Next update in 10 days....

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
Day 39/40 update

Day 39/40 update

Here is the team under the LED lights:

picture.php

With the exception of the Conkushians, which want to be squat, most of the plants have roughly doubled in size since the last update. I'm hand watering in coco, trying to keep them moist per the med man rule of more females.

Current plant heights:
Conkushian (bottom row) 7-8"
Rock Star Kush (mid row) 10-11.5"
Silver Rock Star Kush (top row) 8-9"
Headband 8" (one of the runts)

They are loving the lights. I'm wondering when/if I should top them. I probably will top them all, but always hesitate.

The RSK are the fastest growers and priority for topping. The Conkushians I'll have to top later, as they are the slow veggers of the team.

I abandoned the tea experiment and am brewing a fresh batch for them. Foliar, Root and Nute pack + distilled water + earthworm castings + molasses and bubbled for 24 hours.
Go ICMAG and Med Man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey woolybear

they look awesome man

how tall will they be when you flip them?

med-man

woolybear

Veteran
hey woolybear

they look awesome man

how tall will they be when you flip them?

med-man

Hi medman, that's a great question.

I'm a notorious over-vegger. As this is a seed run and I have a bunch in the tent, I don't want them to get too big.

What would be your recommendation on when to top and flip?

woolybear

Veteran
The two bigger RKS grew about 1/2 inch or so overnight, so I went ahead and FIM'd them.

I'll top/FiM the rest when they reach around 11". It will take the conkushians a while to reach that.

So much happy plants. Got healthy white roots poking the the bottoms of the fabric pots. Usually they end up going brown, but I'm going to put a spacer in the pot of one or two and see if I get rootage. Passive reservoir type of thing.

Howeever, one of the SRSS's is less happy than the rest, some yellow leafage on the bottom. Gave her some more nutes.

Its interesting to note their behavior, mainly how they present their leaves.

Most of the time they are horizontal and erect, but a few like to go droopy at times - mostly in the evening I've noticed.

By handwatering I can tell how much they are drinking. Conkushians are water sippers, while they others are 50/50 heavier drinkers and regular.

Tea drench is tonight!!!

woolybear

Veteran
I gave the plants 1 gallon of tea last night. I think they liked it as this morning the pots were light enough for another 1/2 gallon of tea.

I use distilled water for the tea, and regular tap water for mixing nutes. According to some quick research the chloramines in city h20 don't harm the bennies, so I'll continue with that.... but maybe give them a one day breather with more distilled water.

Someday I may try this:
1/2 gallon of tea with root pack and foliar pack
1 oz of growmore kelp ($20) SHAKE UP SPRAYER AT THIS TIME TO MIX KELP
1 tsp of Ca25 ($150 for 4lbs of Veg/Ornamental)

"I use this solution to soak all the plants from cutting to week 3 of bloom. I do not pH it. It is pretty much neutral.

This is a game changer. 1x per week be consistent." - Capulator dude (guy who makes the bennies)

Maybe I go halvies with somebody :p

Greenlife1

Hey wooly things are looking great in there.
Really seem to love those leds, an tea.

Yours are catching up to mine fast!

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
nice documentation of those kids :biggrin: they look like their really loving the teas and fungal powders , what spacer will you place them on to get up the rootage? :thinking: