Hashberry - Seed to Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hashberry - Seed to Harvest

H, hola, olá, salut, ciao, tag, dag, privet, marhaba, habari, o t’ojo meta, ote kwana, sannu, sawàt dii, senang berkenalan dengan anda, dozo yoroshiku and last but not least, yo icmag!

My current grow of Speed Queen and Satori has convinced me to try some more of Mandala Seeds genetics so I brought myself an early Christmas present and have just put 10 Hashberry seeds into pots alongside some Apollo 11 F2s.

The breeders description of Hashberry is below:

Originally posted by Mandala Seeds
    Hashberry – Mandala Seeds

Type: mostly indica
    Contains land race genetics from: North India (Kashmir)
    Cultivation: indoor/outdoor (up to 45° latitude, balcony, greenhouse)
    Light: 400 W/m2
    Flowering time: 60-65 days/September - 1. week October
    Yield: 400-450 gr/m2; 14-16 oz/sq. ft. (dry weight)
    High: the classic chill-out weed; an expansive indica stone with a powerful high that sets in with the first lungfull of smoke; the buzz is first light-headed and very balanced before switching to a stronger narcotic phase towards the end of your flight.
    Aroma: fruity-berry; blackcurrent jam; hashy
    Medical use: Hashberry shows medical potential against anxiety and sleep disorders; it has calming effects for pain relief.

HASHBERRY

With this exceptional new strain we are building upon our successful breeding lines to offer growers an indica that combines the best of many traits. Hashberry is the unique result from a rigorous selection of desirable parents, with special attention paid to preserve the hybrid vigor our strains are so valued for. This indica will grow to a medium height and is a good choice where space matters and excellent for SOG. Hashberry develops a tight and heavy head bud with dense buds located on her firm side shoots. You will notice that many plants cover the bud leaves with a coat of THC glands and these will fill your pollinator/bubble bags generously. This strain still remains easy to manicure, and the dried buds have great “bag appeal”. The buds reveal a refreshing fruity-floral scent during the flowering period. After proper drying and maturation their fragrance transforms into a delicious hashy-berry like aroma. Hashberry not only has hybrid vigor, but is also very heat resistant and easy to grow. We recommend keeping humidity levels and watering low during the last 2 weeks of flowering to prevent any mold in the compact top buds.
    I have chosen this strain mostly for the flavour and aroma factor but would also like to test it’s heat resistance as this would make the strain a great choice for an indoor summer cab grow.

Like the Satori and the Speed Queen growing now it also suits my style of low intensity feed, semi SOG growing. They have so far been totally free of pests (despite a couple of other plants in the garden having mild mite infestations) and I hope the Hashberry show the same resilience.

I must admit that the story behind the strain (click here) also had a bit of an effect. It will be very cool to feel like I’m smoking a little of the hippy legend of Haight Ashbury!!

Breeders pack:

The seeds are healthy, plump, firm and tiger striped. Another great looking batch from Mandala seeds.

Seeds:

The seeds have been started in 9cm starter pots filled with lightly fertilised John Innes based soiless mix with a touch of perlite, these will go under 30W per square foot of fluorescent lighting. Here they will remain until they have grown enough to have formed two full opposite sets of palmately compound leaves.

I hope to have seedling pics in the next 72 hours.

Take care all.

Last edited by A.N.Other; 12-22-2006, 05:21.
    grow/smoke reports - a11 - hashberry - satori - speed queen

You found out what we knew all along. Keeping us down won't make us weak, it makes us strong.

Great, im gonna follow your grow diary (if its one) since im about to order 2-3 pack of Hashberry. Goodluck !
    'The White' (aka Triangle) Grow Diarie (Aborted)
    Hasberry Grow/Harvest
    SBbX3, M39, C99XBB and spacequeen Mango Grow.

Comment

Im waiting on my Hashberry and a pack of speed queen to come so ill be reading your comments
      Up The Loft

---The Grow Is Back On -----

Comment

i got mine a couple of days ago and man them beans were the fatest, darkest, most round beans i ever had seen!

Comment

Happy new year icmag, happy, prosperous and peaceful!

Hey Slaythe, m@rg and GR8shoeBaDizzle, hope you find it useful. Thanks for reading.

Apologies for the lack of a full update but Christmas and New Year are always busy; I hope everyone had good times, everybody with a hang-over please stand up...

... Slowly now!! Hehe.

The Hashberry, are all up bar one and are now 5 days old. They are all nice little fat leaved beauties with the exception of one runt; there is even a trifoliate amongst them! Foliage is thick and chunky and one particular example shows exceptional vigour.

Hashberry seedlings, examples of the “standard”:

Fastest Hashberry:

Slow runt:

Trifoliate pics:

The final seed will be left for a few more days and we’ll see if it pops!

Running alongside these are 5 A11 F2s, I have had three of these pop so far. I am running a smaller number of these as they are [mostly] pretty lanky so they may need some training and hence a little extra room.

Profile:

Top:

Happy new year once again!!

Last edited by A.N.Other; 02-12-2007, 01:53.

You found out what we knew all along. Keeping us down won't make us weak, it makes us strong.

Comment

lookin nice so far keep those updates comin!

Comment

Hi icmag.

Hey irishSoCo, thanks for stopping by. I shall try and update as often as possible.

So these are from day 10 of growth, they look good. Two early types are beginning to show themselves though at this stage it's a little early to really tell.

The first has fat, round leaflets and these are on short leaf stalks close to the main stem:

The second has slightly slimmer leaflets and longer leaf stalks falling further from the main stem:

The trifoliate appears to be growing out into a normal plant.

Top:

Side:

Overall so far they are a picture of health which is great but makes for not much to write about, let's fill some time with a picture of a lemur:

Or we could look at a couple of the three of five A11 babies:

Last edited by A.N.Other; 02-12-2007, 01:53.

Comment

looking good will be pulling up a chair if u dont mind i to have just rec my hashberry seeds and have been looking for an updated hashberry thread

Comment

That lemur is hot! LOL
                  The plants are coming along nicely...nice 'n fat.

Mike
                  www.mandalaseeds.com

Comment

Sawàt dii icmag.

Hey walkabout, feel free man, a big comfie sofa and a joint if you like!

Hey Mike, ain't she! They like to hang around the grow... you have to be careful, they like to toke....

"Seriously Mandala buds this big!!!"

Anyway, quick update, they are pretty healthy, hungrier than the SQ and Satori (but they have been potted up to a much lighter mix) and I think they will soon need a dose of grow, 1.25ml per 2 litre to start.

Not the quickest in veg I have ever seen but my seedling lamps are running close to end of cycle so I'm going to put it down to that.

Hashberry type 1:

Hashberry type 2:

Hashberry runt:

A11:

Last edited by A.N.Other; 01-13-2007, 02:21.

Comment

looking great A.N. just popped 5 of the hashberry as well as 5 blue mystic, 5 nirvana specials, and 5 of the freebie skunk#1 i have 2 mothers of an afghan a buddy gave me to start this hobby out for me. the mothers are getting huge have s veg chamber with a bunch of cfl's (6-23w 5-25w) and a 4' 2-40 w flo the flower chamber has 1 400w hps and soon to have another (havent decided between a 400 or 600 for a later run of some much taller strains) have chopped our first harvest of the afghan's just this week very nice if i don't say so my self wished i would have vegged for longer but beats paying for smoke gonna keep an eye on this and maybe start my own thread as not to impose on yours
                      looking marvelous bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      i do have some bud shots in the gallery from about 42 days into 12/12
                      Last edited by walkabout; 01-13-2007, 04:24.

Comment

Anya m ji fu gi egbulam (nice to see you again) walkabout. :smile:

Sounds like you're all set! Good luck with your Hashberry (and others of course!). I'll be sure to check out your grow diary (if you start one). Those Afghans look supa nice, real typical colour and structure, bet they are getting pretty funky right now. Enjoy them man!

Comment

hi there A.N.Other, those hashberry´s look dam good, ive just bought a pack of these seeds in my visit to spain, for the price they look like the best indicas in the seeds market, the prices are low, but quality of the seeds is top notch,not like those seed banks that do f2 and seel them cheap!!keep them pics coming!!peace

MY COCO CRIB

Critical Mass, one plant under a 250 HPS

last grow

Comment

niiiiice.

I too, just recieved my hashberry seeds. They should go along nicley with some SAGE and NYCD.

I am going to try an pick a mom... anythign I should look for?

plants look good, keep them fed!

Comment

Working...
                            X