Blue Vixen test grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maj.Cottonmouth View Post
    I'm curious. Is the bucket beneath the fan simply a way of raising the fan/bottom light off the ground and allowing airflow, or is there something more to it?

Thanks everyone, I am pretty sure it is just staining from the Maxibloom I use but it looks really cool
    Also, just out of curiosity, how much silica are you adding to your maxibloom? I'm going to be running the same nutes (silica + KISS) since so many people in the CMH thread insist on the silica. If it IS maxibloom causing the pink roots, I'll be able to confirm it very soon.
    Last edited by Anti; 07-20-2011, 18:21. Reason: Added 2nd question. I'm nosey.
    sigpic
    mega and anti's excellent adventure
    anti's 800w mini colosseum
    anti's microstealth 3000
    micro group

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert. I am not a guru. I am just some guy who is here to learn - just like you. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Anti View Post
      I'm curious. Is the bucket beneath the fan simply a way of raising the fan/bottom light off the ground and allowing airflow, or is there something more to it?
      Yes it is just to raise the light to the right height. I had the fan laying around and I set it in a bucket to get it out of the way and I noticed how well it fit so I took the cover off of the fan to see if I could bolt the light to it and it fit.

///EDIT/// - Sorry Anti I missed your second question, I have almost stopped using the silica blast because I was using what I felt was a lot of it in my last grow. I am really trying to KISS with this round. I was using 2ml per gallon when I changed out the system and 4ml per gallon when adding juice to the system which was every other day and progressed to every day. Silica Blast will also raise your pH quite a bit so be ready for that. I can post my feed schedule from last round if you would like.
      Last edited by Maj.Cottonmouth; 07-20-2011, 19:27. Reason: ahh you did sneaky edit
      All My Children
      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
      Easy Smart Pot Transplant

So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Comment

Where the hell have I been! Nice little set up & best of luck friend.

Comment

Originally posted by CANNATOPIA View Post
          Where the hell have I been! Nice little set up & best of luck friend.
          Exactly what I was wondering

Thanks man
          All My Children

So, in summation: The CIA, with a little help from the Nazis, accidentally helped invent hippies while they were trying to figure out how to brainwash communists.

Comment

Very nice setup! Def Subscribed.
            I was wondering what the diameter & height of your cage is.

Thats great your bleach baby survived. Probably a testament to you doing everything else right (aside from the bleach)
            Do Good Works!

Comment

looks GREAT!!

howtall are you runing that and is there a 1000 WATTER AT TOP TOO??? i could fit 2x of these in my room, WHATS YOUR EXPECTED ballbark per unit??
              this isn't punk music or indie films...it's a produce; the best of them all. Me and every person on here puts time, money, energy and love into our gardens; should I choose to part with the fruits of my labor...I (and anyone else) should feel free to charge, trade or gift it as we see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Grow Tech View Post

Very nice setup! Def Subscribed.
                I was wondering what the diameter & height of your cage is.

Thats great your bleach baby survived. Probably a testament to you doing everything else right (aside from the bleach)
                Thanks man, the cage is 30" across and it is 77" from the floor to the top of the cage

Originally posted by statefarmguy View Post
                howtall are you runing that and is there a 1000 WATTER AT TOP TOO??? i could fit 2x of these in my room, WHATS YOUR EXPECTED ballbark per unit??
                It is 77" from the floor and there is a 1000w HPS on top and a 400w CMH on the bottom. My plan is to build another 6 plant system in the other corner of the room so I can run an every 5 weeks perpetual harvest. This will be the first time I have run this system so I do not know what the pull will be, I am hoping to do at least a pound per pod.
                All My Children

Comment

Thanks man, the cage is 30" across and it is 77" from the floor to the top of the cage

It is 77" from the floor and there is a 1000w HPS on top and a 400w CMH on the bottom. My plan is to build another 6 plant system in the other corner of the room so I can run an every 5 weeks perpetual harvest. This will be the first time I have run this system so I do not know what the pull will be, I am hoping to do at least a pound per pod.
                  Thanks for the info...how long do you anticipate vegging?
                  Do Good Works!

Comment

My plan is to veg for 5 weeks and flower for 10 in two pods so every 5 weeks a pod is harvested and refilled with vegging plants. This is my first round using my new veg system and it has taken some time to get it working well but the plants should be moving over this weekend.
                    All My Children

Comment

Great looking setup Major.
                      Glad I got in before lift off.
                      Do all the gals have purple roots or is it just one?
                      "Get a goddamn job before sundown, or we're shipping you off to military school with the goddamn Finklestein shit kid...Son of a bitch!"

sigpic

"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints, and then I smoke two more"

Comment

Thanks man, I am hoping to put on a good show. I got my light blocker material to make my new door today but I still need to go get a bunch of velcro.

All the roots that I have seen have the purple tinting to them
                        All My Children

Comment

This looks to be a MAJOR success brewing....
                          Iron City Seeds

NextGen Agricultural Consulting & Iron City Seeds

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

Comment

hellz yeah I love dwc vert !!! im logged in

Comment

Originally posted by megayields View Post
                              This looks to be a MAJOR success brewing....
                              Originally posted by High74 View Post
                              hellz yeah I love dwc vert !!! im logged in
                              Thanks guys, I love the confidence

So one is confirmed female already, I just noticed when I was checking the res. I am leaving for the night but will check the rest Saturday and report back. They are all looking great and will be going into the flower room very soon.
                              All My Children

Comment

Hopefully you come back to 5 more little ladies.
                                Six girls in a donught is a wet dream of mine.
                                "Get a goddamn job before sundown, or we're shipping you off to military school with the goddamn Finklestein shit kid...Son of a bitch!"

sigpic

"I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints, and then I smoke two more"

Comment

Working...
                                X