No announcement yet.

The BLUEBERRY SATIVA ~ Picture Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres the johnny blaze at 38 days 12/12 had to bend the top over to get her under the light..

"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know." HST

Comment

I'm saddened to report a 0% pop rate on the RM G13xBBSativa seeds at 4 weeks.

That is 0 for 12...

I'm running a 92% germ rate on a combination of strains this season including Blueberry and Love Potion so I'm hoping it's nothing I did wrong... I had high hopes for those seeds... I killed a pack to True Blueberry's last year, but at least those popped before they damped off... Oh what could have been!

I felt lonely so I popped some Strawberry Double Diesel and they went 6 for 6...

Comment

Excellent Tripples...and BTW Ulysses...

It is very nice to see a semi-BB dom Johnny Blaze.
        As British Hempire has mentioned, how great it is that some THCV can be throw back in the high from the Thai.
        -The "Thai" in the Neville's.
        Please let us know of any updates, as this is a great plant to offer a possible racy and heady BB experience. - Mr. Alkaline

Ulysses, I almost felt sad for you til I remembered what else you've cracked.
        You know what could be worse,...one time I grew five Blue Bubble Juices..and ALL turned out male.
        - This was bad because what can you do with a Blue Bubble Juice male (unstable poly-hybrid)? This would have been different if it were the Bubble Juice(BGum x sensi Juicy fruit)strain of male.
        Well, good fortune with your (Highland Mexican Sativa X BB) seedlings!!!!!
        "Your Small intestines needs to be Alkaline,
        Your body needs to be flushed with Alkaline foods....test your urine.....Is it Alkaline?"

______________________________ ______________________________ _________
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [Favorite Quotes]:
        "Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
        "...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAhQBbK-oM

Comment

I had to console myself with a pack of DP Original Flo which turned up on the Weekend special on SBay... I can't get too excited popping peas left and right...

After seeing Elevatorman's stunning Flo grow and reading Flo posts from British Hempire, I unapologetically turned to DP for the first time ever for genetics... Flo is the most Purple Thai selection commonly available to us at this time...

I have a row of CFLs at 45 degrees- the experiment isn't truly tuned- YET-- but I will have some full branches at least...

Looking for Temple Flo in the old school genetics!

Putting on my safari hat to protect me from the UV rays beaming down upon the reds, purples, lavenders, and all shades of green goddess goodness that shall erupt with vigorous life from the fruit of DJ's labours!!!

Comment

And though I risk Venturing Off-Topic...

Originally posted by Ulysses
            ... Flo is the most Purple Thai selection commonly available to us at this time...
            You are Right yet again Ulysses.
            I think of Orginal Flo as the "Chocolate Incense -Purple Thai"...
            While I think of F13 as the "BlueBerry Thai -Purple Thai"...
            And Finally...
            Blue Heaven as the "Juicy Fruit Dominant- Purple Thai"...

The Thing is that BBS is modeled after a Floral Selection...
            -Whether this Floral selection was from the actual "Flo" or "BB" line remains to be told/revealed...
            All things said, If you want more Flo/Floral,...Get Flo.
            It's not as potent, resinous...but it's got the Flavor and Color that every Blue Strain is lucky to even enjoy hints of...
            Oh Yes Ulysses, There is only "One" true Flo.
            Your body needs to be flushed with Alkaline foods....test your urine.....Is it Alkaline?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            [Favorite Quotes]:
            "Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
            "...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."

Comment

Yes!

Mr. Alkaline, I hope to have Both the Floral selection as well as a Berry selection... But, hey, they haven't even hit the dirt yet and I know I am keeping them all. All plants that come up, I'm keeping!!! Flo is where BBS hides...

I actually performed Caesarian Seed Section on those G13xBBS, carefully teasing the seed coat away with a dental spatula and a scalpel... Pulled the little white embryo and transplanted it into the side of a moist slit rapidrooter... Just keep me away from SBay...

The Highland Mex x BB are really just peachy. No problems. Some Red stems already...

Comment

Ulysses - great news on that one. So glad to have some company at last! There's certainly some colour in those babies. Erm...if you get any good males, would you be keeping any to flower out, by any chance...?

My Current Grow - Indoor
                My Current Grow - Harvest Photos
                My Outdoor Grow 2009
                'Goldfinger' - Malawi Gold X Flo - Test Grow
                Thai Stick Test Grow
                Flo Breeding Question
                'Kentish Creme' - Jamaican Strain Identification
                'JLo' - Kentish Creme X Flo breeding project
                Proposal for Licensed Domestic Cannabis Cultivation

Comment

I'm working on making accomodations for the males (all of them) right now... A JLP inspired isolation chamber where they will stay in veg until the nighttime is the right time!

I'll definately keep you apprised :wink:

Comment

so wait that gnarly curled leaf trait is normal for pure sativas????
                    i have some THUNKS going right now that some of the new growth has weeeird curling going on

Comment

Ulysses - that's good to know. I'm going to have one last try with my 'MoFlo' pollen in the fridge in a week - it may be dead, but there may be some viable grains left in there. I have to make some seeds from my #3 and #4 phenos if it kills me - I don't mind incrossed males, as the original brothers of these two are long gone, so I'm planning to start more of the f2 and f3 batches asap, as I'm convinced they're well worth keeping on.

The #3 purple female is budding now, and I've never started with a clone this bushy - normally I'd be looking at five to seven main tops on a purple Flo in the large room - this time I've got around thirty on a bonsai plant, so it will be very interesting to see the difference in results...
                      My Current Grow - Indoor
                      My Current Grow - Harvest Photos
                      My Outdoor Grow 2009
                      'Goldfinger' - Malawi Gold X Flo - Test Grow
                      Thai Stick Test Grow
                      Flo Breeding Question
                      'Kentish Creme' - Jamaican Strain Identification
                      'JLo' - Kentish Creme X Flo breeding project
                      Proposal for Licensed Domestic Cannabis Cultivation

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Alkaline
                        I Would like to further point out that the subline, or sat leaning male here is an 'HB' or heady-bb, actually aka true bb ...intesestingly DJ REFERD 2 IT DIRECTLY as such! I Believe the evidence points to an f4 male and f4 female that made our Tbb today into a bb sativa subsativa strain of sorts. Edit, the main public misconception i have noted is that the Bb sativa strain was made from identical male and female parents.!

In light of recent findings, I would like to bring this wisdom of sublines back to the surface. The true wonders of forward crossing, not isolative back crossing, is becoming more and more apparent. It appears the genius of this is that all possibilites of cannabliss are available in within a few key lines. The recipe for so many flavor profiles is becoming more and more apparent.

Mr. A, you are an investigative and journalistic powerhouse. When will I be able to buy your book: "DJ Short (Authorized) Biography and Dichotomy of Cannabis Breeding"?
                        Last edited by purcellville; 03-17-2008, 22:49.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
                        Regards,
                        Purce~
                        F-13 Hobby Breeding
                        Blues Satellite 2.2 Educated Pollen Chucking Experiment

Once in a while you get shown the light in the stangest of places if you look at it right

Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever built

Comment

I have a thought, hopefully no one mentioned it already, but What if you were to find several Blue Heaven type plants in the Vanillaluna, males and females, then cross with original flo, especially floral, berry smelling individuals. I think that this could bring all sorts of new prospects to the table, and most likely a blueberry sativa type of plants, maybe some rosebuds if I dare to dream?
                          Your best you try, to harm I and I, Aiming to kill.
                          But I love you still Cause you are here to make prophecy fulfill.

Comment

hey MrAlkaline , Elevator and the rest of teh BlueBerry Sativa junkies.....
                            MrAlkaline a friend mentioned your name and I had just done a big post about my thoughts on DJ's ways and the BlueBerry line and feel bad I didnt drop it in here as you gentz follow the subject like no other..
                            So first off I got some pics for ya of my main same ole 3xBMoonshine Sat phenom taken to 12+ wks and just blows the mind..
                            Stuck a few pics of her in the veg box to as this is all the same plant just diff clone gens..

Well MrAlk, Elevator..and Red..Hope I make this worth reading...actually for everyone..enjoy..
                            tis is a post from another site I just made a few days back..or maybe last week..
                            ______________________________ __________________________

[/B]BlueBerry : My Take on what Were Really Looking For[/B]
                            I like to do my own study and I know this is very Old info but figured since Ive been asked allot of base questions on BlueBerry as its my favorite passion I'd just post it for all..Everything I know is based mainly on DJ;s Cult Exceptional Cannabis and Clarks Botany so its not assumption based..

Lets look at the Lineage for DJ's original BlueBerry Line...
                            You have possibly 3 base phenoms that were used..Even DJ said..."or"...
                            Actually it was 4...H.O.G , Choc Thai, JuicyFruitThai , Highland Thai and a Afghani......

Lets break down what he said note for note........

The Blueberry (among others) was discovered and stabilized from an f1 cross between the P1 parents of a female Juicy Fruit Thai
                            or............... a female Purple Thai

and a Male Afghani Indica.

Thus there were two possible routes to essentially the same finished product. Blue Velvet and Flo seem more accessible via the Purple Thai route, while Blue Moonshine seems more accessible through the Juicy Fruit lineage. That is, there is a higher probability of occurence of the specific traits which I'm seeking, and so they're easier to "find".

Now lets Break down the Parents.....

Thai
                            The entirety of the "thread" and bud structure was coated with sweet/fruity aromatic resin glands.

The overall plant color was dark, while the bud structures matured a lighter shade of green, sometimes green/yellow.

I was never able to get a Juicy Fruit Highland Thai to "over mature". I took one to almost 22wks into its flower cycle and she just kept pumping it out. Outdoors, one was taken in early-mid December from a greenhouse. The only difference was that the later harvest was a more stony, body high.

The finished product from the Highland Thai was an all-around champion herb. Though difficult to trim and cure, the outcome was fully worth the effort. It was a powerful, long-lasting and exquisitely flavoured herb with little or no ceiling. The high could last up to seven hours! The flavour, aroma and taste were a totally sweet tropical punch – tutti-fruity all the way.

The Purple Thai was the other sativa in my repertoire. This was a first generation cross between the Highland Oaxaca Gold and the Chocolate Thai. This cross grew medium/tall and was very symmetric in structure. The side branches were shorter and, if left alone (untopped) the main stalk (meristem) remained the dominant shoot.

The entire plant of the Purple Thai was very dark-coloured and would express a deep royal purple colour at the slightest exposure to cold. It did not exhibit any of the spindly bud syndrome of the Juicy Fruit Thai, and the finished buds were a medium and compact sativa type. The finished product was equally as fruity and strong as the Juicy Fruit, also without ceiling.

For whatever aesthetic reason, I preferred the Purple Thai to the Juicy Fruit Highland Thai. I believe that the Purple Thai was emotionally kinder or gentler than the Juicy Fruit. At larger doses the Juicy Fruit could evoke quite a terror, especially when combined with psychedelics. Though no less potent, the Purple Thai seemed easier to handle, including when tripping. The Purple Thai was one of the first to show resin gland production in the early bud cycle, at roughly three to four weeks into the cycle. It also matured at 10 to 12 weeks indoor, and early to mid November outdoors.

Afghani
                            The Afghani Indica plant is short with large, wide leaves, stout and thick-stemmed. It has early to very early maturation, producing large, dense buds that smell earthen to skunk, with a strong smoke that is generally sedative or "down" in effect. Though consistent in its growth and overall effect, its appeal is somewhat limited in my opinion. I believe more indicas should be made into hashish, which is where the finer qualities of the indica appear.
                            So IMO...what were looking for is a phenom in a hybrid between JFThai x Afghani....Also what sounds like a Midland Short more chalky skunky Afghani which would explain the 2 sides we see but the Best is the Incredible depth and sweetness the Thai dom Sat BBerry side exudes..
                            But you still have parents that run 10-12 and I'd say a good 16-22wks with a huge range of phenos just because of the difference in variety between Afghani and Thai..
                            Whats funny is it sounds like DJ preferred the Danker side of the hybrids as he mentioned preference to the Purple Thai over the JFruit..I bet he also liked his Flo and BlueVel line because of this.....interesting indeed..
                            Anyway its my take on it...hope it makes sense...

I feel a True BlueBerry is JFThai Dom with mild Afghani influence and will run at Least anywhere 12-16wks+..
                            It would be very easy to prove the theory wrong..Grow out these and harvest at the different times..I'll bet my testies that anything pulled around 9-10wks will be no comparison to a proper 12-15wk fully matured BlueBerry Sativa....Thats where I rest my case...How would I know...I grew and pulled plants for yrs based on Breeder and even what I felt was proper flower times..It just never was as strong as the OutDoor well grown perfectly matured bud that it all should be...That means Harvesting Sativas OutDoors IN late Oct thru Nov or later...So then I ended up following my own theory on it and it proved itself to me...there it be...Thats why I say what I say cause I done that already just like all of us bro....I feel all weed can be great if grown to its variety..I love them all really..
                            FOE20
                            Heres the pic as shown and a few notes I put on it that I find interesting..
                            Note that theres 2 separate BlueBerry Sativas on both sides of the parental lines..Highlighted in Yellow is BBSat on the Left in F-4 position...Also interesting how its didnt show later in the work after F-5..He also introduced the Highland Thai into the Mix in the orig Rel of the BlueBerry Line highlighted strait line under the BBerry Line (F.1) which at that point was Bx'd to that TempleFlo F.3....Then He inbreeds that blueberry line path to stabilize...
                            I would give credit to who made this outline but not sure where it came from..Thnx to whoever it may be..

Blueberry
                            Because of it's genetic stability I prefer to call this a second generation blueberry rather than an F2. Parents were purchased from Marc Emery in the winter of 1996. He told me he purchased them from Sagarmatha of Holland.
                            Very truw and good info.....but No thanks...This aint what Im after...

very good info DragonFly....To bad DJ made the choice to infuse the Dutch version but Im mostly talking on the Original hybrids and the actual parent line used to create it..I def Respect Vic, Chimera and those breeders but your talking altered lines from the original..Im looking/talking on how to Create a BlueBerry phenom..Persoanlly I feel DJ went in that direction cause He prefered the Purple Thai over the JFThai which he states..Now if it was me I would do the same thing and follow my preference..But he still worked out the JFThai side and added a IMO "sweeter" Highland Thai and also another shot of the Male Afghani..
                            one thought on the Afghani.....DJ said the nugs from this Afghani were..Dank, Skunky and Sedative..
                            Afghani (M) (IMO DJ used a midland variety of Afghani- short-dank-chalky-skunky and potent)
                            ---Full Parent Line---
                            H.O.G - Highland Oxacan Gold (F) x Chocolate Thai - (M) = Purple Thai
                            PurpleThai x Aghani (M) = Floral Line
                            F1's were ditched.....
                            F.2 - This held All the Marbles for the Flo lines or what I would say is closer to what DJ likes in his weed..heh
                            Ive grown out BlueSat v1 and it would be exactly what this represents..

now......
                            F.3 - The BlueBerry lineage..so far we have...
                            HOG/ChocThai x Afghani ...basically....
                            Now he Infuses a new Parent Line with the Introduction of..Highland Thai...
                            Temple Flo is the Base parent line he worked from...
                            Temple Flo(F3)-(F) x HThai/Afghani (M)

You all still following me?...heheh...btw..Theres a few errors in his documentation..One is Afghani listed above the Purple thai description and the 2nd is in the image posted as the True-BBerry and Moonshine were found in the F.6-7 but is noted in the image as (F.5,6) but F.5 showed the Oxacan reemergence..Im not sure if the person who made the image noted this incorrectly or if this is what DJ wrote..
                            DJ..I love you...:yum:

Now we have the Base for the True/Original BlueBerry Line which in actuality is...
                            Temple Flo(F3)-(F) x HThai/Afghani (M) = BlueBerry Line (F.1)

He bred his Best 2 < BlueBerry F.1's > to F.2 and you notice how the True BlueBerry and BlueMoonshine Didn't SHow up till later in the F.5,6,7's..

Also what incredible is how the Oxacan phenoms reappeared in the F.5 generation..Outfucking standing work DJ put into this and I'll never be able to repay him for this info but its priceless...For him to note all this and release it to the public for scrutiny is a huge view of his persona..He's the Man for a reason..

Also a side note..In the Floral line you notice how he used the F2 which produced BBSat....NOw I feel this may be the parent like for BlueSatellite..
                            I dont even like or consider Dutch Passions ver of Blueberry to be anywhere close to what True BlueBerry is..Its my 2 pents..take as it is...Be well and BlueBerry RULES!!..

Last edited by FOE20; 03-20-2008, 11:10.
                            -- AB-Normal Info Thread --
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=862
                            sigpic

Comment

Foe20,

Thank you for sharing this wealth of knowledge.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
                              Regards,
                              Purce~
                              F-13 Hobby Breeding
                              Blues Satellite 2.2 Educated Pollen Chucking Experiment

Once in a while you get shown the light in the stangest of places if you look at it right

Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever built

Comment

Hello Foe20 my Good Friend...

I drew that chart in Novemver 2006. I have noticed several mistakes and plan to release another next month.
                                The F5 and F6 mistake was taken from a Hightimes ad for DJ. Hightimes does make typos occasionally.
                                Red really blew my mind on 6/1/07 when he posted this sentence...
                                Originally Posted by
                                Red
                                My bad...the Blue Moonshine is an F3.
                                Regarding the F5 Oaxacan pheno showing up in from the BB line...
                                (a curve ball for me personally....I thought it would have surely been found in Flo)
                                Red has a thread entitled "Something New, Something Blue"...
                                Originally posted by Red
                                Hey Folks, I just uploaded the latest picks from the garden de la DJ Short. The pictures below are of a Oaxacan from DJ's stables that are being grown out to find the moms for some brand new lines that will be released in early spring. I just thoughtyou'd like to see some before these ladies come down to be tested.

The plant is an F5 from the Blueberry line. We called her the Oaxacan because structuraly she was identical to the orignal used in the Bluebery. This is a pheno and not the original! DJ stated that through the generations of the Blue line that this was the closest strructuraly to the Oaxacan. She is most for sure a sativa dominant lady with an incredible profile. There might be 2 different lines that could be culled from these plant-time will tell.

Thanks for your post Foe20. I will reflect on it more tonight.
                                Please come back here twice a month my friend.
                                I miss your presense! – Mr. Alkaline

[Favorite Quotes]:

Comment

Working...
                                X