Seven of Nine grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven of Nine grow

Hi all - I see there is a thread going for a different Seven of Nine grow, but I hadn’t seen updates since October so perhaps it has stalled out?

Either way - I popped my 5 pack of Seven of Nine and 3 seedlings have popped out so we’re off and going.

I’ll probably be running these differently than most - it’s will be a micro grow style and I’ll either run cuts of each plant of just run them 11/13 after the first week or two of growth. Haven’t decided yet.

4 of them popped but one died off and 1 just never sprouted - so for now it will just be the 3 and we’ll see where they go!

Just residing in solo cups under some LED strips for now. Just using a simple pro mix for seedling stage.

Comment

Awesome I’m excited to see you grow them

Comment

Looking forward to this. Thanks for taking the time to share your journey.

Comment

Thanks all

I typically update grows once a week, especially in the beginning like this there isn’t a whole lot to see. (First grow posted on icmag though!)

I can say there is quite a bit of purple showing up in the immature leaves. I’ve seen this a bit with previous DJ / blueberry grows - but always kinda cool to see.

They’re so young hard to say how they’ll look - but that’s the fun of it no?

Comment

Originally posted by Man-bot View Post
            Thanks all

I typically update grows once a week, especially in the beginning like this there isn’t a whole lot to see. (First grow posted on icmag though!)

I can say there is quite a bit of purple showing up in the immature leaves. I’ve seen this a bit with previous DJ / blueberry grows - but always kinda cool to see.

They’re so young hard to say how they’ll look - but that’s the fun of it no?
            Good luck ManBot, huge fan of the F-13 line so will be watching along.
            Last edited by regseeds; 02-10-2021, 09:08.

Comment

Comment

1 week later and things are starting to move a bit.

I’m shocked that one plant seems hungry?? Unusual at this stage, the soil it’s on does have light nutes. Usually the DJ gear are very light feeders.

Will watch her and give some nutes if needed.

Comment

Well it’s been a couple of weeks!

Things were a bit rocky for a bit - all 3 plants yellowed up and weren’t too happy. I’ve never really had that with seedlings, but they have recovered just fine.

They all look fairly the same. Pretty sure I have 2 males (starting to show sex and do not appear to be bracts/pistils forming which to me is usually male), and one hasn’t shown a thing yet... usually a girl. Should know in the next week.

Comment

i started half a pack of Seven of Nine and half a pack of F13 Throwback a few weeks back. About half of my seedlings have some chlorosis; about half of those (a quarter total) have what I consider to be a decent amount of chlorosis, not life threatening but makes me over analyze my watering.

About a quarter (different from the heavy chlorosis batch) have "classic DJ genetics variegation".

From other F13 related threads it sounds like some chlorosis early on is normal and they usually grow out of it.

Thanks for posting the details, it's good to know it might be strain related.

Comment

I had the same concerns - lots of second guessing water and nutes...

I did have to give them some N to perk up, but once the 2-3 week mark was passed they really took off.

One of the males just wasn’t as vigourous so he got the chop, so down to one guy and what I believe to be one girl.

Will probably Dust the male on the female when the time comes so I can sift through the gene pool a bit more (when the time comes and if the female is any good).

Comment

Very nice looking plant! so good! very interested in 7 of 9. Do you know where I can get in Spain?
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by Man-bot View Post
                        Well it’s been a couple of weeks!

Things were a bit rocky for a bit - all 3 plants yellowed up and weren’t too happy. I’ve never really had that with seedlings, but they have recovered just fine.

They all look fairly the same. Pretty sure I have 2 males (starting to show sex and do not appear to be bracts/pistils forming which to me is usually male), and one hasn’t shown a thing yet... usually a girl. Should know in the next week.

Comment

Well - wanted to cap this one off! We ended up selling our house, so I have killed off one scaggly male, had another show as male, but was stink and had nice structure so I kept it around. The final plant had never preflowered, so I kind of assumed it would be female... unfortunaely not! Been sexin git the last 2 weeks and its male as well..

So I'm left with 2 - 7 of 9 males. Both are pretty stinky, have purple hues and one has almost female like morphology (not too stretchy or lanky, good structure). One likes to show preflowers the other will not unless put on 12/12.

May keep one or both around to pollinate to either an NL cut that we've had for about 15 years, the uk cheese cut I have, or GMO... could be an intersting mix of the rankness of those females and something different from 7 of 9.

I did hit a Grape Krush male to the NL cut before... (long stoy, only 1 of 10 seeds germinated and it was a male). The progeny was quite interesting, zero grape or berry scent, quite potentent and cured to a full on feces scent. Not 100% my fav - but smoked quite nice.

It seems my luck just isn't there iwth DJ gear! I had 1 of 10 Grape Krush germ and got 1 male, 1 of 5 First Light germinate, and ended up with a herm that turned full male, and then this round. All males out of 20 seeds.... something thats the way it goes

Comment

Yup, that's how it goes sometimes. I'm really stoked to hear that you are considering the NL cross. That's on my list. I had some killer BB x NL stuff circa 2005 and I've been meaning to run NL x DJ stuff to try to recreate. But WHICH NL was it... and will I ever find it... regardless, good luck with future crosses and keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                            X