What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Chem D x GSC* Test Grow for Connoisseur Genetics

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Hey Everyone,

This is my third time testing for ojd and I want to thank him for the opportunity once again & Clarence (R.I.P. - Retire Inhaling Pot) for always delivering.

If you don't already know, I am a vertical grower.

Parents Used:
  • MALE (reversed) - Girl Scout Cookies (forum cut)
  • FEMALE - Chemdog D
Beans were soaked in water for 24 hours, then planted into coco.
Will get some pictures up soon, the camera i was gifted had a lens error so i mailed it in for repair.

Spoilers:

:smoweed:
Budelight

budelight

Veteran
Subbed. May I ask about the chem D? is it a rez version?

~mr. gt
Hey Welcome Mr. gt - Congrats on making it first haha

I am not sure on the Chem D.
OJD has posted a list of all the crosses he has made in his sub-forum, maybe you can find it there?

Have you grown out Chem D before?

hicksticky

Still at large...
Hey Bud, here for the show. Sounds like a dank crossing for sure!
In deep thought about going vert in a cab or two............Rep.++++ for the pyrex cool tube (DIY thats what I'm talking about)

Good luck and karma!

Last edited:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice budelight, getting your testers going. Mine are 1 week into 12/12 tomorrow, cant wait to see what we find in our testers.

budelight

Veteran
Chem D x GSC, plus "ECSD x Freak" !!!

Chem D x GSC, plus "ECSD x Freak" !!!

Hey everyone, its been almost a week.

We are starting this show off with the 2 - "Chem D x GSC" seedlings & 3 - "ECSD x Freak" seedings which just popped their heads up a few days ago.
Hope I get strong plants out of these seeds, they were the biggest in the pack!

The cheap black binder plastic "protecting" my pack was flattened and crushed all the seeds (thanks USPS)
None of the other seeds have shown themselves yet, we'll see how many more make it.
*:bashhead:

• Both Chem Scout Cookies shot way up out of their coco, so lanky infact they fell over and needed propping up.
  • Two ECSDFs are also super tall, but holding themselves up nice and strong
  • One ECSDF is short and stout, very wide stem, looks like a tiny palm tree
  • One ECSDF is short and has 1 weird leaf coming out... It certainly a mutant, hope it survives!

Cant find pics of the Chem D:

Here is the Connoisseur's GSC (from OJD's Photo Album. Reversed for this cross):
picture.php

Here is the Freak male (from OJD's Photo Album):
picture.php

Here is the ECSD aka Chaco's Cut (Photo is another members):
picture.php

Cheers!
BeL

hicksticky

Still at large...
lookin good, now I can see! lol

is that a "bucket cab" , was thing on doing a "garbage can grow" just for S's n G's

budelight

Veteran
Hey er'body!

Sorry for the day late and dollar short update.

This pic was taken two weeks ago right after a transplant as they moved from shitty 'blue bucket' (hardy har har @hickstickly) conditions and into the lush veg area.
I had slacked on providing any nitrogen which is why you see the lowers yellowed out.
They have been receiving a steady dose of MB @ approx .80 ec since the beginning of Dec.

Expect to see some beautiful plants in January when I get these back into my possession.

picture.php

budelight

Veteran
They went through some serious dry spells the past few weeks being under a different water schedule, back to normal now and they will be getting some extra lumens & love now :D

Different angles of the Chem D x GSC
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

budelight

Veteran
Things are still vegging along.

Cab:
Decided to switch my 150w HPS to horizontal today.
Took me about 2 hours to build a reflector out of a disposable turkey baking pan, bake-a-round "cool tube", and a coat hanger. Works pretty well and i am testing the cab's temperature swings now with it. Had to remove my carbon scrubber temporarily so i can test out and reposition the plants (fix height & locations).

Feed:
All the plants are reciving the same 'lucas' formula of MG+Tap @ 1 ec & 6 ml/gal cal-mag plus & .5 ml/gal ProTekt in Coco.

Plants:
Chem D x GSC -
Both phenos are about the same size.
Taller plant has been finicky with the feed levels, while the shorter one has just stayed green and happy.
The shorter has fantastic branching while the taller has sidebrancing that looks weaker.
ECSD x Freak -
Taller pheno seems cal-mag hungry, but doesn't like a lot of nitrogen, i'd call it super lanky compared to the other.
The shorter one looks ready to be scrog'ed out or grown like a big round tree surrounded with bare bulbs!

Pics to follow...

budelight

Veteran
Left to Right:
Chem D x GSC 1, Chem D x GSC 2, ECSD x "Freak", ECSD x "Freak"
picture.php

picture.php

Chem D x GSC 1 & Chem D x GSC 2
picture.php

ECSD x "Freak"
picture.php

Cheers,
Budelight

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you planning on putting those plants into a larger containers???

Their growth profile is being altered by being root bound...you're going to see an unnatural amount of stretch and internode spacing that won't really be doing them justice in the sense of accurate gene representation...

If you are hoping they sex before a transplant to save on resources...I know from personal experience plants tend to sex faster when they are given more root space...

I'm always just lurking a bunch of threads...decide to chime in from time to time. Excited to see what comes from OJD's new lines - lot of interesting mixes and combinations...and I guess, I just want to see these perform at their peak ability...

What's your thinking with keeping them in the cups? (and sorry if I'm coming off as a pompous ass, I'm just thinking out loud for the most part - there is zero tone to it)

:lurk:

dank.Frank

budelight

Veteran
Hi Dank.frank!
Thanks for stopping by and I really appreciate the advice. No need to apologize since you are being completely sincere with your interest & I'm sure you have a little bit more experience than myself.

I actually transplanted them today.
The light got flipped yesterday in anticipation of these getting up-potted.

I moved them into straight coco.
Flushed & Charged the coco by: soaking/draining in .2ec tap water 2x, then soaked in 1/2 strength MaxiGrow + 10ml/gal Cal-Mag Plus for about 20 minutes.

Here are some shots of the roots just to show how rootbound they were:
picture.php

picture.php

Both ChemDxGSC's are from FEM seeds
The shorter ECSDxFreak(s) has a few small female preflowers showing teeny-tiny pistils.
The taller ECSDxFreak(t) appears to be looking more like a male...

Here they are back in their home:
Back Row = ECSDxFreak(t) & ChemDxGSC #1
Front Row = ECSDxFreak(s) & ChemDxGSC #2
picture.php

Cheers!
BeL

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey budelight

so the show begins

i would be topping the ecsd x freak to create mutiple heads and aslo bring the height down as these will definately stretch on you for the first few weeks of flower, or even more so keep that in mind
look frward to how they get on

peace