What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OGs1 x GSC Test Grow!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
The cuts I took of #'s 1, 2, and 3 all have rooted.
I pulled #5, #6 out of the flower tent to shock ripen for a few days to a week. #6 looks almost done, the buds have been turning-and the pistols retracting back into the bud for a week or so. Fan leaves are very dark, and I am not sure-but the buds may have purped up some... #5 still has a lil' to go, the buds are just starting to turn. It might be a lil early to pull them out of the tent, but I have a couple SSSDH's that need to get in there. They are gonna blow up, and hit my lights for sure
#3 will be the next to be pulled, later this week. She has been getting straight RO for almost a week. I started straight RO on #4 last night
Thanks for checking them out

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Bobbo two of your girls are almost done already? What are they (#5 & #6) at ~7.5 weeks?

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yeah Bueno. #6 will be chopped around 8-8.5 weeks. #5 will go 8.5-9 weeks. Sometimes I let them shock ripen for a week, to a week +. I am running #'s 1, 2, 3 again. I will get pics up soon

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good boss, taking a couple of my ladies down in another two days here.

Looking forward to your picture updates.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Sweet Bueno! My ladies always seem to finish sooner for some reason... I don't know if it makes a difference, but my lights on in flower are 11:45 minutes-and 12:15 for dark. When I first started growing, I read somewhere that is when the plants make the buds. I had been taking mine longer, a little too long though. So I am gonna try and harvest somewhat sooner. Sometimes life gets in the way, and I don't get to harvest as soon as I'd like though. At that point, I just let her shock ripen a tad longer

As for Shock Ripening, I got that from Medman's style of growing-the Med-man Method. "Shock ripening - give plants at least 72 hours of pitch black and ice water before harvest, to activate its immune system to produce more resin to increase yield, quality, smell and taste"
Here is the link to the med man method: http://growyourownmedicine.blogspot.com/2011/04/med-man-method.html

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Merry Christmas!! Only took pics of #'s 3, 4, 5, 6. I took #3 out of the flower tent last night. #4 just came out of the tent for pics, she is a little small-and is easy enough to take out. #1, #2 had other plants in the way, and were more of a pain to take out

Here is #6 at 7.75 weeks. She will be the first one to be chopped, within a week.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Bobbo those are all looking like some superb bud. #6 looks particularly nice and #3 is lovely as well! But all look very good!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
#4. #3, and #4 were the same in veg. Short, and bushy. #4 stayed squat, whereas #3 bout tripled in height.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thank you very much Bueno!! I see your work, and it means a lot coming from you! I didn't get a cut of #6, now I am kinda wishing I had. #6, and #1 looked the same in veg-but I took a cut of #1. I have a cut of #3 that rooted, and is in a solo cup.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe you could try to reveg #6 if its good enough/worth it. She looks pretty though.

Which ones smell the best in your opinion and what kind of smells are you getting?

Pro Headies

Veteran
What kind of smells you getting now Bobbo? Any pinesol OG smells in there? Got alot of color in your girls, is that from low temps or the GSC side? Im looking forward to your smoke report here soon!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey guy's!!

Bueno: I don't really have the room to reveg anything... #6, and #1 were very alike in veg. They were about medium height, and bushy. Maybe they'll come out the same. I think I ended up with three different pheno's. With #1 and #6 looking the same, medium height-and bushy. #3 and #4 were pretty much the same until flower. They were the same in veg, short-and bushy. Once in flower: #3 bout tripled in height, and #4 stayed very short-barely any stretch. #2 and #5 were the same, tall-and lanky. I took cuts of one of each pheno, being #1-#2-#3. #1 had the best root action, so I cloned her. #4 had the worst root action, so I took a cut-and rooted another #3. My #5 cut didn't root, I had #2 still in veg-so I cloned #2.

Bueno, PH: As for smells, I am not the best at describing smells. I stood there for about 15-25 minutes shaking the stems vigorously, and taking smells of the three out of the flower tent. I think #3, the easiest to kind of pinpoint-smells like bazooka gum(possibly watermelon bazooka). #6 smells rotten, but kind of like a rotten bazooka gum. #5, the hardest to pinpoint-smells kind of like a pinesol bazooka. They all have a sweet smell in the background, whereas #3 is pretty much full on sweet.

PH: I have never really grown OG Kush before, is that what she smells like-pinesol? I have also never grown Girl Scout Cookie before, but I can tell you the colors are from low temps. During the last few days, it has been unseasonably warm around here-so they haven't been getting that cold. But I have seen lights out temps drop to 57 a few times in the last month or so.

Thank you for the interest