What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GDP Haze Test Grow

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Hi ICMag!

This is my first grow for Connoisseur Genetics. I was selected to test GDP Haze, Ken's grandaddy purple cut x sssdh (super silver diesel haze?) male.

I am vegging under CFLs with a T5 to be substituted soon. They will flower under a 300w LED. I am timing this grow to coincide with my current grow's harvest, which will be happening in a couple of weeks! :D

Here is a quote from Irie Lion's thread I am including for it's helpfulness:

depending on which phenos u end up with some take a lil longer to veg than others (gdp dom were a lil slower) From the time they break the surface i would say within 4-5wks u should know sex....

Take cuts as i am ready to flip (though most are sexed by then) and root and veg so they are ready to bloom by the time their moms are done
smile.gif

The ones with the broader rounded lookin (less serated leaves) will be ur gdp dom. I only had 4 seeds and got 3 females so i cant tell u too much on the variation to expect but out of those 3 two were very similar only differed in smell and slight diff in bud structure.....while the 3rd one had longer skinny leaves like a sssdh and much more stretch & spacing between nodes.
I am germinating in rapid rooters, soaked in 6.5ph water with a little bit of h202.

Here is the setup:
picture.php

The shotglass is filled with h2o2, which I swish the seeds in to kill any germs:
picture.php

Finished in the rooters:
picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
TY Dustin! Here's the first boring update:

Peeking into the rooters. Looks like most of the seeds have popped tails and should make it thru the rooters in a day.

Ordered T5 lights. After the seedlings make it thru the rooters, will transplant to either little 8oz cups or bigger 16oz hempy cups.

Also got a vaporizer! :dance013: Just vaped a bag of my fem#4 side nug that's been drying for 2 days. Did a quick dry using luminum foil on top of a cfl light. One bag and I'm decently toasted!

210 C warm up, then set at 200c for vape. Good vapor!

edit: this time, LST the plants early, like in hazefest's grow.

kai04

good luck with them wooly , how do you tag m8? subscribe to thread? soz still finding my way around the forum world lol

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
SEEDLING UPDATE
128995337708328495.jpg

Out of 10 seeds

- 2 roots popped thru the bottom of the rooters
- 6 are poking thru the top
- 1 hasn't done anything
- 1 is missing (!)

I think one is missing our is deeper in the rooter than I thought.

Their was one super-vigorous one, with 1/2" taproot peeking out and both baby leaves opened. It will be #1. #2 will be the other one, which had about 1/4" of root out of the rooter.

picture.php

Last edited:

el clandestino

super chato
Looks like you off for a great start amigo. I get awesome results from my T5s. I use them for vegging, seedlings, moms, and clones also. It will be nice to see what you can do with these bro. Best of luck to you.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Day 3 of Veg

Day 3 of Veg

Hi all, thanks.

Day 3 Veg

If day one was 3/24, today is day 3.

The team is officially 8 seedlings. One did not pop due to user error, the last seems to be a dud. I have had good luck with female ratio, let's hope it continues!

Here's a shot of the crew:

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Thanks all for stopping by. Quick update!

The germ is now 9/10! I put two seeds in one rooter, seed #2 actually germ'd so its in arooter of its own now, officially popped out growing its 2nd set of leaves.

So #9 is going to be a bit behind the others.

I also germ'd two Mists of Destruction Kali Most and two Bobblebeans Grape skunk x Sour bubble (mocha pheno). good times

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Day 23 update

Day 23 update

Day 23. Time flies. Here they are:

picture.php

I recently transplanted them into the 16oz cups.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Looking good Woolybear. I too am running these. Check out my log tomorrow for a full update. Good luck to ya!

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Day 40 Update

Day 40 Update

Day 40

Time flies. Plants are all about 6" tall. They have all taken off in the hempy cups.

Here's a plan. Need them to stretch a little bit more so that I can top them for a nice cutting of each.

The cutting will take 14 or so days to root, by then the plants should have recovered from the topping.

Last run I did 100% perlite in root bags. I have discovered that perlite is a pain as it spills easily and I can only get it in gigantic-ass bags.

One of my ideas was to do flood and drain with the perlite root bags, but I'm not sure if I have 9 gallons worth of perlite.

I am thinking a couple of them can use a boost in nutes, a bit of lightening in some leaves. I've been keeping the ppms low so far, under 700-800. Next boost would be to around 1200 ppm.

When I flip to flowering, was thinking about arranging the plants around tent stadium style. My veg tent has cfls hung vertically and I like how it works with the vegging plants. If I run stadium style though, can't do flood and drain. Hmm.

Group shot 1-9:

picture.php

#2 and #6 definitely look indica leaning.

1-5:
picture.php

4-9:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I think those indica ones might be special if there anything like gdp + a hint of haze it will be dank ..but being that there haze i think there gonna grew big in flower ..i also think u should look into getting a T5 from H T G ..there kinda small for 40 days veg and being haze ..same watts way more power

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I think those indica ones might be special if there anything like gdp + a hint of haze it will be dank ..but being that there haze i think there gonna grew big in flower ..i also think u should look into getting a T5 from H T G ..there kinda small for 40 days veg and being haze ..same watts way more power

Good tip... I had ordered a couple of single T5s for supplemental light in the main tent, but they are too big for the veg tent. Must've been smoking that day!

Life has been hectic this month, they've been under a small light for a while... not a big deal though, I have plenty of time at this point lol... they can always get bigger!

Another problem is my veg tent is filled with plants I should probably toss.... clones of the fem plants from my last run... should plant them outdoors somewhere, don't want to just kill em'!

Although I would actually do better to flower them small, don't want them to outgrow the tent!

edit: I am tossing the GDPs in the main tent for some LED exposure. Will put them back in the veg tent when its sleepy time for the 12/12.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I just looked at my pics from my first grow at around the same time, day 40, man what a difference vegging under the 300w led made!

April was a crazy month, didn't give these plants enough light... luckily they're still alive!

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
I am updating my thread today wooly. Mine are 3 weeks in(roughly) that way u can see my phenos and what to expect. Looking good so far,although your lil ones are screaming at ya

"xplant us wooly" =)

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I am updating my thread today wooly. Mine are 3 weeks in(roughly) that way u can see my phenos and what to expect. Looking good so far,although your lil ones are screaming at ya

"xplant us wooly" =)

Really? Shit, makes sense. I am going to go ahead and transplant them into 1-gallon roots pot and toss them into flower. They need the LED power!

Guess I gotta blaze up a bowl and start gardening!

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I have transplanted most of the GDPs to 1 gallon roots pots. Running out of room in the tent!

I have a bit of a conundrum with veg time... GDP is an indica plant I believe, and as such I think I need to put in some more veg time. I think I have more GDP leaning plants than haze at the moment.

I would like them to grow a bit more, stretch a bit as they aren't big enough to top yet. So the goal has shifted to:

Grow them big enough to top for cuts and to create more colas.

So I'll be doing some plant schlepping!

The plants have definitely perked up since transplanting. Thanks for the feedback hempluvr!

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
go check out my thread wooly. You can see mine and get a good idea of what you are in for and which phenos are which. The haze dom stretches massively