What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian Dead Head (mullumbimby madness x Neville's haze)?

J

jaded1

Finally got a smell of the big budded girl,smell took me straight back to the eighties and some of the imported jamaican sensi.Smells sweet,floral with another undescribable smell.
Fun how certain smells will take you back to when you 1st smelled them and get you thinking about those times!

J

jaded1

A couple of buds from the 1st 2 down
picture.php
picture.php

Plant in 1st pic smells and tastes of lime and earthy spice.Almost immediate effect when puffing her that is slightly racy that hits in the head and chest with some tingling in neck and arms and some visual distortion.Quite mild when 1st dried but even the week she's been jarred there's been a marked improvement in strength.
2nd girl smells of lime and pine with a mix of fiery jack and red dentyne chewing gum when broken up.Taste is a sweet lime,pine with some hot spice with the odd puff having the sweet clove,cinnamon taste of the dentyne.Very strong smoke with delayed reaction that can catch you off guard.Effect is racy with visual and hearing distortion and a tingling buzz in head shoulders and arms.Cant wait to see what she's like with a bit of a cure as is already 1 of the strongest sativa girls I've grown

J

jaded1

Other 2 girls are still flowering,next 1 will come down in next few days and will prob chop the other at same time even though still has quite a few white hairs.
Plant that smelled of lime and peanut has changed a bit,it's still sweet lime but noticed the unmistakeable smell of frankincense when trying to prop up the flopped over branches.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great dried pics and update bro
Glad your enjoying her. The Mullumbimby Madness x Nevil Haze from Neville has really impressed me and does great in hybrids.

Peace

J

jaded1

She definitely dominates in this cross mate.That 2nd plant is by far the strongest sativa dom plant I've had from your work and I've ran a good few of them over the years!Only prob with it is the heavily bloodshot eyes it gives me after a joint,makes it impossible to hide i'm wrecked!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great to hear bro , its my new favourite strain.

Expect lots more X's with her in 2020

Peace

Last edited:
J

jaded1

A pic of a few of the buds from the big girl.Smell is floral,earthy and spicy.Has an earthy,spicy taste but needs a bit of a cure before flavour will pop.Totally wrecked the taste on the other hazey girl by giving her too much p in late flower,i can still smell and taste the lime but has a nasty greeness that from experience doesn't cure out however long you leave it.I'll get some pics up of her later.

picture.php

J

jaded1

Smoking my last joint from these plants atm and will be sorely missed!None of my last round of super Malawi haze and nev's haze/panama come close to any of the girls I had from these.
Cant wait to see what else you do with her bro and will def grab a pack or 2 when ready

TheDarkStorm

Just a quick question OJD..sory if its already been answered...do you use the reg nh21 x mm version and do you know if its the later unreleased longer flowering version using the mm L.

(Updateed) sory I read through the thread and got your reply OJD.. thanks.... those pictures of the finished buds look mighty fine..

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jaded1

Great show you put on for us as this strain doesnt have many reviews and to hear its 1 of my best Sativas you tried and in general sounds like you found what I found when growing the Original seeds made by the man Neville Schoenmakers himself( RIP)
Neville isn't finished yet showing you why he is the Haze king and I cant wait to showcase more of his other amazing Sativa/Haze mixes he made from the Grail project.

The Darkstorm
I have seeds of the whole grail project Neville made.
First batch come from Th4sim ( RIP) via British Hempire who got them straight from Neville.

The 2nd batch and other strains i got from a fellow Haze head who got them direct from Neville also and includes the MML and MMshort batches.
Il try and dig up some pics of the seeds i have that I posted on Instagram.

Peace
Just a quick question OJD..sory if its already been answered...do you use the reg nh21 x mm version and do you know if its the later unreleased longer flowering version using the mm L.

(Updateed) sory I read through the thread and got your reply OJD.. thanks.... those pictures of the finished buds look mighty fine..

Koondense

Veteran
Smoking my last joint from these plants atm and will be sorely missed!None of my last round of super Malawi haze and nev's haze/panama come close to any of the girls I had from these.
Cant wait to see what else you do with her bro and will def grab a pack or 2 when ready

Hey Jaded1,
impressive grow and great looking buds, sorry to hear they went to smoke already :)
Could you give a general description of this hybrid(smell, flower time, yield...you know, the standard stuff)? I was hoping to get some seeds in the past but now seeing again your grow they tempt me again to get them and try growing this sativa.
Where can I get some of these seeds?

Cheers

J

jaded1

Thanks Koon,they were a pleasure to grow and smoke!
Plants flowered between 13 and 16 weeks.Smells on my 2 faves leaned towards the thai side and quite similar to thai leaning Golden Tigers but with less spiciness.The big budded girl had a bit more casey in the smell with a fuelly,skunky smell when broken up and high had a bit more body than the other 3.
Last girl that I didn't show any finished buds of had the most hazy smells to her and tasted pretty decent after 4 months cure.The few buds I gave out to people of her got me a couple of pissed off phone calls because no one could get to sleep!
I never weigh my harvest but can say I've never had a harvest last me as long as this 1 did,only others that came close were headbanger and haze freak.

TheDarkStorm

Jaded1

Great show you put on for us as this strain doesnt have many reviews and to hear its 1 of my best Sativas you tried and in general sounds like you found what I found when growing the Original seeds made by the man Neville Schoenmakers himself( RIP)
Neville isn't finished yet showing you why he is the Haze king and I cant wait to showcase more of his other amazing Sativa/Haze mixes he made from the Grail project.

The Darkstorm
I have seeds of the whole grail project Neville made.
First batch come from Th4sim ( RIP) via British Hempire who got them straight from Neville.

The 2nd batch and other strains i got from a fellow Haze head who got them direct from Neville also and includes the MML and MMshort batches.
Il try and dig up some pics of the seeds i have that I posted on Instagram.

Peace

Thanks for the reply ojd..I seen a couple of the seed pack pictures..from wat I remember you had some very interesting things there..id definitely like to have a chat with you about one or two things..wen I get the chance..so may get in touch with you wen im able to if thats ok.

StickyBandit

Hey guys. Been lurking for a while :)
I have a question. Does Australian Deadhead always take forever to mature?
Been waiting for months now and the brown hairs don't seem to be getting more prolific though the buds are nearly the size of beer cans.
There are a couple of brown hairs but there has been no change for weeks apart from growing bigger.
Cheers
20210802_170748.jpg

StickyBandit

Not sure I can wait any longer
It's been a long time already and it doesn't look like it will be ready any time soon. Been flushing for 2 weeks and they want to fall over already.
You can see the babies I took off this on the far left past the Critical Mass in the middle. I don't know exactly how long it's been but I will probably make 2 cycles of CM for 1 of this.
The good woman is ready and waiting impatiently 😛

TooHeavy.jpg
FullShot.jpg

Attachments

• heavy.jpg
    heavy.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 93

Raho

Veteran
Not sure I can wait any longer
It's been a long time already and it doesn't look like it will be ready any time soon. Been flushing for 2 weeks and they want to fall over already.
You can see the babies I took off this on the far left past the Critical Mass in the middle. I don't know exactly how long it's been but I will probably make 2 cycles of CM for 1 of this.
The good woman is ready and waiting impatiently 😛

That's a beautiful looking plant sticky.
I have grown Nev21 hybrids and found the same thing. I think that's where it comes from.
I hope she smokes for you as good as she looks.

StickyBandit

That's a beautiful looking plant sticky.
I have grown Nev21 hybrids and found the same thing. I think that's where it comes from.
I hope she smokes for you as good as she looks.

Hey thanks Raho
Yep, http://www.connoisseurgenetics.co.uk/index.html through Cavemanseeds is where it came from
Finally starting to see a few brown hairs but this is a week later and not a lot of change really
You can see the young ones going hard out next to her
The Mrs is about over waiting :p
I have 2 more going strong on the left but I think I will have to stick to something a bit faster in the future
The Critical Mass in the center is a good fast grower but better saved for later in the day. The Ausy Dead Head wake and bake :)
Here's some pics from today
20210818_100736.jpg
20210818_100438.jpg
20210818_100247.jpg
20210818_100940.jpg

StickyBandit

The Nev21 in that Aussie Dead Head of yours is recognizable in her cousin that I grew.

Nev21 x Early Mullum

It's hard to be patient. I felt like I had waited forever and it was just standing still. It wasn't though. If you give her all the time she wants, I suspect you will be rewarded.

Hey Raho, yeah I think I didn't wait long enough but it's still a good result with 7oz's of very good smoke and I had to do it so we didn't run out 😋
I have 2 more going and I've made sure to have some other strains in jars so there won't be a need to be impatient this time 🙂
What's that image you posted? I can't see it mate

Raho

Veteran
Hey Raho, yeah I think I didn't wait long enough but it's still a good result with 7oz's of very good smoke and I had to do it so we didn't run out 😋
I have 2 more going and I've made sure to have some other strains in jars so there won't be a need to be impatient this time 🙂
What's that image you posted? I can't see it mate

It was a pic of Nev21 x Early Mullum I ran years ago.
New site software makes it hard to work with so I'll upload here:

Nev21 x EMM.jpg