What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grateful Casey (4k room/organic/soil)

dankohzee

Owdy. I'm just finishing up a practice run on my new room and have some Grateful Caseys I wanted to try. These are fems, as regs weren't available at the time--or at least they weren't at my supplier. I think I have six of them going and they all look a bit different so far, but they are only a month in. I had a few light leak issues and a heat issue caused by an improperly planned ventilation system, but I have had those totally ironed out since before I started these caseys. I did a practice run with some cheap dutch beans cuz i didn't want to waste any of my prized seeds. The room is now dialed in. Day and night temps and humidity are within parameters, there are no light leaks, and my soil mix working fine.

First i wanted to say that I almost didn't grow these out after reading what rez said about them in merlins thread. Connoisseur genetics has assured me, however, that the only thing I have to worry about is the sublime aroma of these casey's, and I think I can trust them. I learned a lot about hermies after this last run using the inexpensive dutch beans and feel confident I can monitor these closely for hermies.

My set up is T5s for veg. My veg room is connected to my flowering room and vents in and out of it.

The flowering room is 4k intake/exhaust. Intakes are hepa filtered. Medium is a cooked organic promix/roots/ewc/kelp/azomite/plant-tone/chunky and fine perlite. I am moving toward true, living organics, but I'm still learning and haven't yet implemented a program of aerated teas. I'll get there, but right now I'm still using the bottle from time to time: Buddha grow and bloom.

Caseys are still in veg and wont enter the flowering room until I get the rest of this first run finished. Casey's are about a month old now, and will veg for at least another two weeks. I've been telling them :watch yo speed!!!

Here is a pic of the run I am finishing, followed by some casey pics. If there is some interest, I will update this regularly. Enjoy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice room bro

cant wait to see it filled with casey

keep us updated
peace

dankohzee

I was moving my caseys around the other night and thought I would post a couple of pics.

These vegged for 4 weeks, got transplanted into 5 gallon root pots (actually contain more like 3.5 gallons), then vegged another two weeks. After the flip, the tallest shot up to nearly five feet in two weeks time. The rest are well over 4 feet and still stretching. Its a realy beautiful plant though, and looks to getting ready to put on some heavy buds. Sorry the pics aren't better. I'll get more tonight.

picture.php

picture.php

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Lookin great. I love the smarties. Buy a pack of Velcro plant ties. They stick very well tot he outside of the smarties. Congrats on the grow. Everything looks great. Have serious envy regarding your flowering room.

I'm getting a pn 8 light t5 setup for my dr90 tent. Done vegging with my 400mh. Especially I the heat of the summer. I'm hoping to finish my current runn before it gets too hott outside

warthog

better show that bitch whos boss and get rough with her dank(supercrop/tie her down)

subbed of course:biggrin:

budman678

Veteran
tell me more about your hermie issue. i am having some hermie issues with my querkles and chem99s

dankohzee

Haha! I'll get some pics up tonight, but I done already tole them bitches they can't be growing all crazy like that:) They didn't listen. We now have them trimmed back to four big tops per plant, and put them on the high ceiling side of the flowering room. I'm hoping they chill out a bit.

My hermie issuse consisted of one of my sweettooth releasing some pollen into my room and fucking up my sensi. It was a valuable learning experience because I learned a lot about how seeds grow and how pollination actually goes down. In over 20 years of growing outdoor, I had never seen a seed form in a bud. After various outdoor harvests I found random seeds in my herb, but I had never actually witnessed the formation of the seed, so it was actually pretty cool. My contacts aren't the most cultured smokers in the world, and around here a few seeds don't hurt as long as the bud is good, but still...

Anyway, before this I was under the impression that if some pollen got loose, the entire room would be seeded--perhaps heavily. That didn';t happen. The two plants immediately next to the offender got it worst and have at least one seed in most buds and several in some buds. The rest of the plants in the room have a random seed here and there, but nothing worth quibbling about, really.

Be careful man--they're sneaky!!! I had no idea how well they hid. Every single node on every single plant needs to be checked if there is stress happening in the room, in my opinion. And of course, the issue needs to be addressed.

Things are coming along pretty good here though. I don't know how large these casey's intend to grow, but at least they're growing with vigor! I have a few more LSD in the room finishing off. In another tray I have some Bou freebies from member reddy1: Chemdog x Menage a Trois. These things smell like burning rubber, but an early taste revealed a very nice cinnamon-spice flavor--totally unexpected. Also in that tray is a single freebie kushage.

Coming out of the veg room tonight is a grip of chemdog IBL. I'll be posting a thread on that in that breeders forum.

In the veg room now I have ten sage n sour, four LA confidential, 2 sssdh freebies , an mkage freebie, a tahoe og freebie, and og18 freebie, and a few random plants. The bloom room will be filling up again shortly;)

warthog

damn bro all that top shelf genetics already.. cant wait to see ya rock em out! are the freebies from seed or they clones? thats a cool perspective from a newb(<laughable) indoor grower about the whole pollination thing.. i was under the same impression that if you got a hermi, your fucked! ha.. seems like ya dont really mind it(i guess being your first run and all). also probably because its your first time making seeds,, even though its accidental.. still exciting though.. so the real question is.. when are we gunna see some barneys STxLSD?:biggrin: haha

take it easy dankoh:tiphat:

OG.Gotti

Veteran
Looking good.. Sorry to hear about your little herm problem.. Good thing it didn't ruin the whole crop..

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn bro sorry to hear that, glad that you are gonna try to pluck them off....i often mist the lower part of the plant in these cases to spoil any viable pollen that may be present. I figure so early in flower there is no danger of bud rot or mould from the misting and it will help limit the chance of seeds.
Keep us updated, peace.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a real shame dankohaze

is it just 1 plant or more
can you get some pics for us

keep us updated and if your not happy we will send you a replacement of your choice

we not had any reports of hermies

our casey cut does throw a few bananas at like week 8-9 but we never had seed so asume its sterile

peace

dankohzee

Yes, OJD, it is just the one plant, and Yes, I will get some pics if I see any more. I'll check again for light leaks, but I've checked numerous times. I don't want to be unfair, however, so I will check again.

All the caseys are pruned back to four main colas, so it shouldn't be too much of a task to keep watch over them daily. No worries guys. This is all valuable education to me.

budman678

Veteran
i had my chem99s throw a couple males around 4/5...havent seen anything since. i have become more vigilant

Latest posts

Latest posts