What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2021 Grow Show.... Dead Chem Head and friends

Tynehead Tom

Greetins from Canada my ganja loving friends.
I am a licensed grower under Canada's Health act which provides me with a legal plant count for my indoor and outdoor growing seasons. This year it's 29 medical 4 recreational and the greenhouse is packed :)

Due to the generosity of OJD , I ended up with a few selections from his line up. These weren't from the 420 grow along but instead from the Pic of the Month thread where I received them as one of the monthly winners near the end of 2020.
I started these Fem seeds a few months ago indoors and vegged them for outside.
The Dead Chem Head started a month before the Double Strawberry Diesel Jones (DSDJ) and there are 3 of each.
I also have a Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze that is OJD's work as well but she is in my indoor flower room under a 1000W HPS at around week 4 12/12 so I'll get some pics of her along the way.

So details..... Indoors the plants are in sunshine 4 with added perlite, gypsum and dolopril.
Outdoors I use the Tom Hill basic recipe but this year I only ammended last years soil so only added back bonemeal, gypsum, dolopril and 1/2 the normal amount of sheep manure.
The Dead Chem Heads are in 7 gallon pots and the DSDJ are in 5 gallon.
Gonne veg them a week or so more as they have been in the greenhouse a week now and then flip them by manual light dep..... means hand bombing them into a completely dark shed on the 12/12 schedule. My greenhouse is roughly 10 x 28 and is attached to an outbuilding that I use for light dep. Very basic.... almost ghetto..... but if you have seen any of my backyard grows before you will know I get er done ;)

So..... that's it for now but I'll be back with pics and write up on the plants. I have to do some resizing i guess as the pics were coming out sideways LOL

stay tuned for weekly updates from now till harvest time!!

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

All sounding good. I'll follow this, interested in seeing the sssdh as I'm thinking of doing that variety, currently at 8 weeks of flower with Dangerous Dog and really enjoying the grow so far.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a great show ahead bro , i can't wait.

Thanks for posting up

Tynehead Tom

my pleasure OJD ;)

here are some pics
These are looking better every day and the pics don't really do them justice.
Here are the 3 Dead Chem Head fems which I topped once and should have topped twice but it's too late for that.
Gonna clean them up a bit as they will start light dep on Sunday night.
06-15-2021 DCH pic 1 - Copy.JPG
06-15-2021 DCH pic 2 - Copy.JPG
06-15-2021 DCH pic 3 - Copy.JPG

Tynehead Tom

And next is the Double Strawberry Diesel Jones fems
Due to grow room restrictions in the first couple or so weeks, these stretched more than I would have liked but even since the pics were taken (on 15th) , they are starting to branch. They had a hard adjustment from grow room to greenhouse as it got very cold the week i put them out (+1 to +3 C overnights)
One of the 3 looks normal and not stretched but that is just because she is very slow (pic 1). I almost tossed her over the fence to my neighbor but once she got some sunshine she has started to go.
One of the tall ones (2nd pic) has a very candy strawberry like stem rub so am eager to see how these girls do.
Click image for larger version  Name:	06-15-2021 DSDJ pic 1 - Copy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.0 KB ID:	17881121
Click image for larger version  Name:	06-15-2021 DSDJ pic 2 - Copy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	160.7 KB ID:	17881122
Click image for larger version  Name:	06-15-2021 DSDJ pic 3 - Copy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	164.5 KB ID:	17881123

troutman

Seed Whore
Some people have large plastic barrels filled with water in their greenhouses to hold more solar heat that is released at night to the plants.

A fish pool would be cool. Breeder Steve used to do aquaponics a long time ago he mentioned in a video.

Dankwolf

Vary old school hippy trick to keep green house warm and supply co2 is a large clay pot up side down with a candle inside . Works surprisingly well .

Just a thought

Also painting a 55 gallon drum black . Then fill with water and place against north wall in northern hemisphere works good as well . And maintenance / fire hazered free

Tynehead Tom

It's warm enough now, we always get a blast of cold weather in the first week of June and that is another reason I don't like to put plants out before June 10. The main reason I pick june 10 is the day length being long enough that the plants don't stall out and try to flower.
I plan to have all my plants harvested by mid september so heating the greenhouse is a non issue from now till then. It only dropped to 11C in there last night and tonight will be same. Summer comes fast and is gone just as fast so the light dep is crucial for flowering top shelf 9 and 10 week genetics up here at 52N, 3000ft elevation in western Canukistan.

Tynehead Tom

update is coming.... just need to get thru this heat wave.
+39C right now..... I shudder to think about how hot it is in the greenhouse..... even with the fans running
Got +40 for the next couple days so I just gotta keep them hydrated.

just goes to show the extremes here that I have to deal with.... June 1 is was too cold to put plants outside..... and a few weeks later it's full blown summer heat

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update is coming.... just need to get thru this heat wave.
+39C right now..... I shudder to think about how hot it is in the greenhouse..... even with the fans running
Got +40 for the next couple days so I just gotta keep them hydrated.

just goes to show the extremes here that I have to deal with.... June 1 is was too cold to put plants outside..... and a few weeks later it's full blown summer heat

Yeah same here in UK, really started to heat up and indoor runs become hard work with the excessive heat.

1 day i hope to have an outdoor grow .

Tynehead Tom

hey OJD sorry for droppin off.
I updated my situation in the karma thread but haven't popped in here for a bit
Forest fires have put a damper on my season and I've been on evacuation alert for a few weeks now.
With the help of some brothers we moved all my plants to a safe garden 5 hours away. We lost 3 plants along the way and one was a double strawberry diesel jones. Still have 2 though and one of those I am keeping as a clone mum for now and she is here at home with me . The other survivor is down at the safe grow. I'll get pics when i can of her.
My friend tells me the 3 Dead Chem Heads are starting to put on some weight now at day 57 since the flip. They handled the stress from the move better than all the other plants.
anyhow, I might not be able to do weekly updates on these but I will get full harvest pics and smoke reports in due time/
Here is a group shot of 3 of my future moms , the two on the left are BC Pink Kush BX2 and the one on the right is the Double Strawberry Diesel Jones. She is a slow grower but has real nice structure, wonderful dank strawberry like stem rubs and is a narrow leaf expression while her sisters showed more vigor in veg and more wide leaf expressions

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about your forest fires bro , glad your all safe and manage to move most of them.
sounds like a nice 1 you kept with strawberry stem rubs you say , thats a good sign. Also hopefully your mates can finish the Dead Chem Head and taste that heavy Chemdog Funk.

Tynehead Tom

Sorry to hear about your forest fires bro , glad your all safe and manage to move most of them.
sounds like a nice 1 you kept with strawberry stem rubs you say , thats a good sign. Also hopefully your mates can finish the Dead Chem Head and taste that heavy Chemdog Funk.

The plants are in very good hands and I will be going down and harvesting them my self so will get some good pics. They have maybe 3 weeks to go giving them a 10 week flowering schedule.
Its not easy leaving plants in someone else care but my friends drove up with trailers the minute I made the call and whisked everything off to safety.
They know how much i need my outdoor crop for the medicine it provides.
Right now I'm chain smoking Biker Kush till the crops come down ;)

Tynehead Tom

Well , disaster seems to be averted. The fire has not been a major issue this past few days and looks like things can get somewhat back to normal. The thick blanket of smoke has cleared out considerably. I was down visitting my girls and harvesting the first group of plants and decided to bring the rest home.
Let's see if these pics of the three Dead Chem Head ladies work. They are at day 59 and will probably take them next weekend. The flowers on 2 are very similar in smell and appearance with a bit of purpling showing in one. The first one though is a big blocky bitch and those foxtailing thumper buds are super dense. Praying no mold sets in before next weeks target harvest day.

08-21-2021 Dead Chem Head 1 pic 1 - Copy.jpg
08-21-2021 Dead Chem Head 1 pic 2 - Copy.jpg
08-21-2021 Dead Chem Head 2 pic 1 - Copy.jpg
08-21-2021 Dead Chem Head 2 pic 2 - Copy.jpg
08-21-2021 Dead Chem Head 3 pic 1 - Copy.jpg
08-21-2021 Dead Chem Head 3 pic 2 - Copy.jpg

Tynehead Tom

and the one Double Strawberry Diesel Jones is at day 47 and she is really starting to fill out her flowers now.
Strangely she has not gotten any wider than the 7gallon pot she is in but she sure did grow tall. She is a wide leaf expresion and is a tower of stanky frosty buds on very short thick branches. She is really top heavy as that main cola starts to fill in.
I kept her sister, a narrow leaf expression as a mother and just took a tray of big clones for the indoor rooms this winter.
anyhow.....
here she is. Don't mind the spider webs..... those are the good kind of spiders :)
08-21-2021 Double Strawberry Diesel Jones S1 #1 pic 1 - Copy.jpg
08-21-2021 Double Strawberry Diesel Jones S1 #1 pic 2 - Copy.jpg
08-21-2021 Double Strawberry Diesel Jones S1 #1 pic 3 - Copy.jpg

Tynehead Tom

hey I haven't been around in a while but that harvest was awesome and the Connoisseur Genetics varieties turned out to be some really fantastic flowers.
The Dead Chem Head - the three plants finished slightly different only in flavor. All are dense chunky frost coated and very potent..... edging into the couch lock but not quite. Strong heady buzz though and some good relaxing body effect.
! was a bit on the sweet side.... not quite fruity but leaning that way. Second one is nothing but deep earthy chemmy funk and in my favorite of the 3. Last one is kind of a subdued blend of the other 2 and a little less potent. I wish I had cloned these as the #2 plant would have been a nice clone to hang on to.
Dead Chem Head - Copy.jpg

Double Strawberry Diesel Jones
I really like this one.... it also has a deep earthy chemmy funk to her, really strong smell with sweetness in the background. Smoking her is much the same but that sweetness becomes a hint of strawberry in the background. The smell is strong, and the smoke is strong. When I want to get really thumped.... I blend this one with a bit of karma's biker kush and too the moon I go LOL

Double Strawberry Diesel Jones - Copy.jpg

both of these were from that 2021 greenhouse harvest here in Canukistan. I still have a few jars in the stash and it is all holding it's cure perfectly..... almost getting better with age.

Thankyou @ojd for the opportunity to grow these fine herbs.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey I haven't been around in a while but that harvest was awesome and the Connoisseur Genetics varieties turned out to be some really fantastic flowers.
The Dead Chem Head - the three plants finished slightly different only in flavor. All are dense chunky frost coated and very potent..... edging into the couch lock but not quite. Strong heady buzz though and some good relaxing body effect.
! was a bit on the sweet side.... not quite fruity but leaning that way. Second one is nothing but deep earthy chemmy funk and in my favorite of the 3. Last one is kind of a subdued blend of the other 2 and a little less potent. I wish I had cloned these as the #2 plant would have been a nice clone to hang on to.
View attachment 18723299

Double Strawberry Diesel Jones
I really like this one.... it also has a deep earthy chemmy funk to her, really strong smell with sweetness in the background. Smoking her is much the same but that sweetness becomes a hint of strawberry in the background. The smell is strong, and the smoke is strong. When I want to get really thumped.... I blend this one with a bit of karma's biker kush and too the moon I go LOL

View attachment 18723301

both of these were from that 2021 greenhouse harvest here in Canukistan. I still have a few jars in the stash and it is all holding it's cure perfectly..... almost getting better with age.

Thankyou @ojd for the opportunity to grow these fine herbs
Looking and sounding great bro