Red snake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red snake

Read about and saw pics of this strain in the ultimate sativa thread. Any word on when seeds will drop?

E mail their website but I don't think it will be released. Punto rojo pure and punta Rosa are your best bets. Mextiza has oaxacan. Good luck on you journey.

Comment

Man I have tried to get my hands on these for years. Roland is right no commercial release ever happened or planned for the future as far as I know. Punto Rojo and Mextiza is what I ended up going with in the end. Good luck on your search.

Comment

People always want what they can`t get. Just saying... But i`d love to get those snakes too.
        icmag member since 2005.

Comment

Red Snake Pic's

Red Snake at 6 weeks of 12/12. Later, Stash
          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful RS bro Stash! You've definitely found a frosty phenotype right there!

It reminds me to some C99 plants I had in the past! How long did she went for?

Peace.

Comment

Mustafunk, I have one more female and she's a little smaller than these two but all the girls are frosty as can be. Later, Stash

Comment

good looking buds! was this one oaxacan x punto rojo? why is it called red snake and why it was never released? just wondering.
                i know nothing

Comment

Yep! Oaxacan x Punto Rojo. I was told this is a favorite of Charlie Garcia and some of the best Spanish breeders. I don't why this strain is not released but held by these top Spanish breeders, maybe they want to smoke something better than what everyone else is smoking, they've earned it. It's top shelf for sure. No idea about the name. Later,Stash

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                    Red Snake at 6 weeks of 12/12. Later, Stash

Damn thats nice for only 6 weeks.

What ever happened with this strain?

Comment

It seems some breeding is still being done with the hybrid, as the last pictures I've seen on forums were featuring the Colombian backcross of the Red Snake:

CBG seems to remain exploring some other Colombian landraces too but I'm not sure if they will keep releasing stuff, things are changing it seems.

It's easy to release dozens of untested F1 crosses with legendary or rare sativas every year, like some others do but proper selection takes lots of work and hands.

Comment

That is promising news, I would love if Charlie were to stabilize these types of lines, maybe f4s or similar so it would give good consistent results of what he was trying to capture in the variety, that would make me shudder. The Red Snake looks delicious and if he's working on new things that may come down the pipeline in the coming years I am super pumped to see what they are. Hell, if he was exporting in a legal market to my country I would be pumped to buy that too.
                        Your best you try, to harm I and I, Aiming to kill.
                        But I love you still Cause you are here to make prophecy fulfill.

Comment

The plant Stash posted has tremendous calyx size for a pure sativa.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustafunk View Post
                            It seems some breeding is still being done with the hybrid, as the last pictures I've seen on forums were featuring the Colombian backcross of the Red Snake:

View Image

View Image

CBG seems to remain exploring some other Colombian landraces too. I guess when you try to deliver a proper breeding work it really takes years. It's easy to release dozens of untested F1 crosses with legendary or rare sativas every year, like some others do.
                            Seems to be the norm these days. You could probably narrow it down to half a dozen breeders in the world that actually go through strict selection and testing

Comment

I've got some Oaxaca seeds and Punto Rojo seeds. One of my PR mothers was relatively short flowering and yielded pretty good. I think I'm going to take a stab at my own. Should do until/if kaiki makes RS available to the general population.
                              sigpic

When where you are from keeps returning to you, it may be time to go back

Comment

Working...
                              X