Sour Bubble bx 3/4 pheno info and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sour Bubble bx 3/4 pheno info and discussion

Well I finally got my hands on some Sour Bubble after all these years of trying and missing every drop I knew about ! I have read shitloads of threads on here but as most find out, practical real world experience is another story sides book "learnin"

I am gonna take some pics right now of what I have going on. I am a little shy about these, heh, but I figured i'd take em straight to the pros.

If you laugh at my Sour Bub It's ok...
    I have been using a few techniques I am familiar with, all with varying degrees of results.

Be back soon!

WARNING: NEVER FLOWER A SOUR BUBBLE LADY WITHOUT TAKING CLONES, HOPEFULLY YOU DONT END UP KICKING YOURSELF IN THE ASS LIKE I DID AFTER THIS GROW!
    Last edited by Tonygreen; 08-21-2013, 22:44.
    When The Green Drops The Bullshit Stops

sigpic
    KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

We're in the same boat bro. Been jackalackin around to Sour Bubble since 2006. Not sure if mine are gonna be relisted before I can send payment. Waiting on VG's Bubba, too. Gotdang, gotdang.

At least this time I had the foresight to bid on some...usually do the boo thing.

Comment

Cleared out my veg room cept for my SB, gonna post some pics soon! Finally get to run her wooo hooooo!

sigpic
      KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

Im toying with the idea of finishing my veg under HPS instead of MH to try to increase stretch, I wonder has anyone tried this before?

sigpic
        KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

Here we go uploading now, quick question though do these look like balls... lol...

One thing I learned is take care when snapping or crushing the stems, they are hollow, I was used to more pulpy plants!
          Live and learn, this guy and one or two others took some abuse before I honed in my touch for the SB better...
          Last edited by Tonygreen; 05-30-2013, 01:00.

sigpic
          KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

Here are some shots of various techniques I have been using, these range from topping, to fimming, to LST in several forms. Ill talk about my experiences and exactly what I did in a bit after I get these pics up. These are about 5 weeks or so from sprout.

sigpic
            KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Yah`mon View Post
              Some things I have noticed with my bx4 so far. Secondary branching seems to grow straight up the main branch, about 1/2'' away and straight vertical, I combat this by lsting and they seem to love it. Another thing I've noticed about them is the new growth if very hollow, so when tying you need to do it extra slow, or they can snap pretty easy, I did snap the main branch in half on one when it was around 6 weeks old, (only thing holding it was the outside fibers on one side) Put a little duct tape around it for a week, and she was growing like nothing had ever happened, very hearty plants for sure.

Can't wait for the smoke. Currently have 2 females out of my 3, they look like they will yield 3/4 -1lb+.
              Last edited by Tonygreen; 06-27-2013, 04:30.

sigpic
              KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

sigpic
                KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

Nothing to laugh at you about guys...

I wish you to have a productive grow that will land you a good mom.

Tony, I like the way you topped them...just give them enough room to root and lots of light. They won't stretch very much in flower normally with most phenotypes. Veg under hps? I would rather see all MH AND COMPACT FLOROS in veg but it could work I suppose.

Do the last transplant shortly before flower and hopefully you can catch the shoot as I call it. You want that burst of growth to take place in early flower if possible. Time in veg pays off with this strain. Good luck! Bushy
                  BushyOldGrower Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
                  Breeder of BOG Seeds ...bogland72@gmail.com
                  Get my book, "Bonanza of Green" @googleplay.com
                  Disclaimer: "I KNOW NOTHING!"

Comment

Thanks BOG, repotting out of those 6 inch pots this weekend to continue veg under my mh. BTW I think those are balls, they are growing, I will be able to tell for sure by the end of the weekend.

Goin into 3 gal pots then ill throw em in 5 gallon smarties before I flower em! We'll see how they go!

sigpic
                    KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

6500K = nodes = nugs. That's the way I like to think about it. A week or two of 14/10 under the HPS when they get their final transplant will do you some good, too. If you check out my 4C thread, you can see how they went from cute little baby plants to monsters from 5-10 til now. I'll go grab a fresh picture.

edit: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=106 - went from 10 or so inches to three feet on 14/10 in 3 weeks, granted these are the sat phenos, but they went in the big pot from yogurt cups so you prolly don't even have to worry with the 3 to the 5 transplant. MH 250 or higher, 3gal :fonzy:

Comment

The Twins

These 2 have differentiated themselves from their brothers and sisters in several identifiable ways.

As you can see they say fuck you to branching and prefer to grow in a main cola. I have bent these and applied lst but they refuse to branch much. I have coaxed a couple side branches out with great effort, in some cases a branch was formed on one side of a node but refused growth on the other. One of these is showing what i think to be balls.

To be a ball or not to be ball, that is the question...

sigpic
                        KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

A nice branchy specimen, I got a little rough on that shoot that doesn't want to wait for her siblings, a little wet tissue paper squeezed into place dried as a nice splint and she will be forced to relax for a few days while they catch up.

Little leaf curl, not the temps, I reckon she may have gotten a bit of concentrated soil mix, either that or shes under attack.

And my little triplets...

sigpic
                          KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

Livin on a prayer

Really hope this ones a girl. Seems similar pheno to the other recovering from the broken leg...

sigpic
                            KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

give them the extra veg time like BOG said you'll definitely be glad you did.
                              when i first started growing i vegged under hps with no problems but I prefer the mh
                              alot of peeps run mh 2 weeks into 12/12 you mite want to search that

great score on the SB i cant wait to see them finished

Comment

Working...
                              X