Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low_and_slow
    replied
    I'm finishing an ssk grow and got these two phenos exactly. Fast finishing plant with microscopic yield and INSANE frost that's unrecognizable from pre-98 Bubba, and a longer finishing yielder that is developing a different bud structure and way less resin.

My larger yielding and slower growing plant is also a triploid, producing three shoots per node instead of two like normal cannabis. I think this accounts for the slower flowering and much larger yield. It also has an extra fan at every node, so it's just a far heartier plant in general than the Bubba pheno.

Fun to grow but both plants needed about double the veg time. I gave them 42 days of 24/0 before flipping to 12/12 and it needed at least another 3-6 weeks of veg to build its frame.

Leave a comment:

• daheadies
    replied
    veg slow because its so compact.. If you were to train properly by doing scrog or VERY heavy staking, it could be turned into a better yielder.. Its extreamly dank. potency=10.. tastes just like pre98 bubba kush.. tempted to sell it as pre98 as opposed to ssk b/c theres really no strawberry or anything else in this. Its just a dank sb pheno..

Leave a comment:

• PoisonedDart
    replied
    They both look very nice. Would like to hear more about #1.
    Does she veg slow or just slow down in flowering?

PD

Leave a comment:

• Yah`mon
    replied
    Hey, PK had one that lacked smell in flowering etc... but after the cure he was very surprised... said it turned to straight pine sol smelling..

Maybe just needs a cure.
    Hope ya find a strawberry pheno eventually.

Yah`mon

Leave a comment:

• SneakySneaky
    replied
    thats AWESOME looking!!!

Leave a comment:

• daheadies
    replied
    im posting this for my own info..

Strawberry Cough = All that anyone knows is it’s from partly of North American origin and partly uniquely European. "Strawberry Cough" is a hybrid between an Indica and a Sativa. It probably has Strawberry fields x Haze in it..
    Razz = Grandaddy Purple X Lavender
    ECSD (East Coast Sour Diesel) = accidental cross of ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
    Sour Bubble = (white label bg x white label bg) x (white label bg x white label bg)
    bg means bubblegum
    White label bubble gum = Big Skunk x some NL#5
    --the original white lable bg seeds were first crosses and had some phenos totally unlike BG. I made clones of certain phenos and made a bunch of seeds to select from after that. I always thought the kush side was the potency and the bg side as the yielder. -BOG

I will not be doing a smoke report on pheno 2, it hermed out and smelled like nothing/dirt (only plant in my room that hermed). It also developed TONS of bud rot in the middle of the buds, I suppose from being so big and dense (also the only plant in the room to have bud rot)..I do have 2 more phenos in veg still that will be posted here soon enough..

Leave a comment:

• daheadies
    replied
    Heres a few pics of my unique SSK2, meaning I doubt it resembles either of the parents..
    I don't think I will keep this one in my garden. Although it is extremely large yielding, the quality / smell is not up to par with my garden..
    The buds are ridiculously dense, trichrome production has been getting better the last week, and slight smell is developing. But again, nothing to write home about..

Leave a comment:

• drymouth
    replied
    Great looking plants, daheadies they look dank! I got some germing right now just to bad its not the tester packs as i read there some what different then yours ? Oh well I know it'll still be fire! I'm on the search for a really strawberryish pheno.

Leave a comment:

• daheadies
    replied
    Pheno #1 which I have harvested and dried only went a little over 6.5 weeks.. The other one will be harvested at 9 weeks.. Pheno 1 is about 10x as dank as pheno 2, but pheno 2 literally is producing at least 10x as much bud. Pheno 1 was a low yielder (sacrifice quantity for quality).. Everyone who has seen the SSK #1, both as a plant and dried, has been absolutly blown away by how good it looks.. Maybe smell and taste will come through more the second time around, or with my 2 other female phenos I have goin....

Leave a comment:

• SneakySneaky
    replied
    been looking for a good set of pics for this strain, thanks so much for hte grow!! What were the veg times? Was hoping the strawberry would be more profound through the phenos but i guess the diff phenos are turning out awesome for ya, a strawberry bubba pheno does sound bomb.

Leave a comment:

• daheadies
    replied
    yahhhhhhhhhhmonnnnn, soooo frosty!
    I have 2 more female phenos that are vegging out right now.. And 2 males... Wound up with a ton of males for this strain, and since its a f1 Im hesitant to use the males in too serious of a project (so threw away most of them).. Ill post my other 2 female phenos when in flower..

Also, to answer your original question, I have 2 more beans left of f1 ssk, outta 20.. So germ breakdown =
    Outta 18 attempted germinated:
    4 females
    8 males
    5 didn't germ at all
    1 germed but didnt pop out of soil (who knows y, maybe overwatering I dunno y this happens 1 outta 50 seeds I plant)

Leave a comment:

• Yah`mon
    replied
    Glad to hear the quality is so good! Do you have more of those beans to pop? If so hope ya get that strawberry in there somewhere!
    Thanks for sharing man... that shit is frosssttyyy!

Yah`mon

Leave a comment:

• daheadies
    replied
    Heres Pheno#1- It smells like a mix between a subtle pre98 bubba and strawberry. Not quite a taste explosion in the mouth like I was hoping, but very very dank!Taste=7 Bag Appeal=10 Very Very potent as well! So potent that it made my hands have a nervous/cracked out shake.. Finished in 6.5 weeks. Potency= 9 .. Its not necessarily a dopy high, but more of a confusing stone.. Yield is low but since quality is 10 and flower time is so low, it could be a good one if done in SOG.

My SSK #2 keeps getting bigger and bigger. Its almost done. Its finishing very weird. The lower buds (just 2-3 inches lower than top buds) started turning hairs orange within prob 4 days, and a few days after that the top buds hairs started turning.. Hopefully the bottom wont be "overdone", since im harvesting the whole plant together.. Trichrome production and smell didnt begin to develop till the last week and a half of flower, since bud production just kept getting bigger and bigger.. Still cant pin point smell.
    Ill post pics of SSK2 soon.

Leave a comment:

• tryn2getby
    replied
    Beautiful plants bro....and damn fine descript's to go with...looking forward to seen' the finished show...thanks for puttn' in the time for 'our viewing pleasure' ...

tr2

Leave a comment:

• daheadies
    replied
    DAY 40 FLOWER UPDATE

SSK #1
    THIS PHENO is finishing fast!! Just had its last feed, and will be chopped somewhere around 52 days, no later.. The plant is very very compact. I recommend heavy steaking and bending from early on If you have a compact pheno like this.
    The only smell I can relate to this pheno is bubba kush, which im ok with.. lol

SSK#2
    This pheno is going to be a GREAT yielder. I have NO idea what these nugs are going to taste like/ what genetics are being expressed in this pheno. The Nugs are huge, getting bigger and bigger every day. They are dense. There's not really any smell yet, I wanna say it smells like a light strawberry cream but I think my mind just wants to think that lol.. Im not worried tho, It keeps shooting out new white hairs and growing bigger and bigger so there should be time for a smell to develop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X