What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(NL#2 x Chem) x OPG

Jerry_Garcia

Day 39 Flower

Day 39 Flower

A couple of happenings in the past 24 hours. I had the 8 vegging plants in my veg tent and came to the realization that 4 is all I can really manage well in there given the size of the plants and the fact that I needed to get some clones going again. So I am down to one (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG and three different plants of my bag seed (all of which are looking better than I ever expected). I don't recall if I mentioned it earlier but this strain has been dubbed Asian Sensation (I let the friend that gifted me these seeds name the strain and apparently her nickname is Asian Sensation). Well, there you have it.

So we are down to 4 plants which could become mothers if any of these are worth keeping around. I also pulled two cuttings off each plant last night and placed them into the cloner. I used the exact same procedure in taking my clones this go around as I did my last. I'll be thrilled if I get 100% germination again. Now for some patience and just let them do their thing.

One picture below is a shot of the (NL#2 x Chem) x OPG I have in veg. Sorry, not my best picture. She has taken to topping, LST and super cropping very well. I definitely stressed her a bit and she couldn't of cared less.

Group Shot - OPG cross in the middle

OPG cross vegging plant

Veg Room - OPG cross in front middle

Asian Sensation #2

My last cloning attempt...hoping for these results again.

Last edited:

Jerry_Garcia

I've got a few of these growing too. I'm interested to see what it was about the OPG that made RGS so excited that they crossed it with the entire world...

bs0, how are yours coming? How far along are they? Feel free to post, this thread is for all around information on this cross. :watchplant:

Fitzera

It's breeder Steve's sweet pink grapefruit clone hit with sub cools agent orange. Made possible by Dr p of catnip seeds
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=286899

Dr.P said he didn't have the original spg clone..

"For sure many of you are wondering already if this is the original clone of Breeder Steve Sweet pink grapefruit.
Well it's not. Unfortunately I don't have access to original clones and all my stable was built fro seeds during these years.
Sweet pink grapefruit I have is actually a work of Alpine Seeds, kindly handed by my dear friend Dimodz (where are you brother?).
Alpine seeds had the original cut and wanted to have in a seed form which didn't go self*pollination.
So he selected a Sweet chunk male to outcross the SPG clone and then backcrossed it 3 times to the clone again to have the best representation in seed form."

Jerry_Garcia

Dr.P said he didn't have the original spg clone..

"For sure many of you are wondering already if this is the original clone of Breeder Steve Sweet pink grapefruit.
Well it's not. Unfortunately I don't have access to original clones and all my stable was built fro seeds during these years.
Sweet pink grapefruit I have is actually a work of Alpine Seeds, kindly handed by my dear friend Dimodz (where are you brother?).
Alpine seeds had the original cut and wanted to have in a seed form which didn't go self*pollination.
So he selected a Sweet chunk male to outcross the SPG clone and then backcrossed it 3 times to the clone again to have the best representation in seed form."

Thanks Fitzera! So a little differentiation in the SPG. Again, the OPG must be something special for RGSC to use extensively in their line. Still excited to see what kinda girl I have going. :canabis:

Fitzera

Thanks Fitzera! So a little differentiation in the SPG. Again, the OPG must be something special for RGSC to use extensively in their line. Still excited to see what kinda girl I have going. :canabis:

No worries brother! I'd like to grab some OPG seeds myself, it looks amazing and I can tell from the crosses I have going that it has some very sweet flavors that I'd like to see on their own.

Jerry_Garcia

Everything is going pretty well with the OPG cross. My other four plants were showing some tip necrosis so they all were flushed today. Runoff pH and tds were on the high side so I’m convinced that a flush was a good call.

She’s got a ways to go yet, I would guess 2-3 more weeks.

picture.php

Jerry_Garcia

So since I don’t smell very well, I had my better half put her nose to this lady. All I said to her was rub your fingers on a bud and let me know what odors you can pull out. She smells pine sol and grapefruit thus far.

Jerry_Garcia

So the bag seed plants I was vegging have all been culled. I want to run this OPG cross next so I have pulled 8 clones. Two I plan to give to a friend in exchange for a White Widow clone. Don’t know much about her yet but I’m intrigued so I’ll take her in and flower one out along side the others.

Happy growing!

antheis

Veteran
How far down the lower branches do the budsites go?
She looks killer. I've always had good luck with freebies.

Jerry_Garcia

Not the best time for pictures but I wanted to give you an idea of how the bud sites run along a lower branch. Lot's of internodal spacing across the entire length and small buds as you move inward.

Jerry_Garcia

Day 54 Flower

Day 54 Flower

Anthesis, I took this pic this morning. Let me know if these pictures are answering your question. I probably could have taken a few more lower branches when I defoliated a few weeks back but again, I wanted to see how she grew without any training and minimal thinning.

antheis

Veteran
I think she looks great. I usually pick off all the bud sites on lower branches except for the last few at the very end. I was just curios how larfy she could be.

Jerry_Garcia

I’m thinking the OPG cross may go 2 weeks more. That would make her a 10 weeker. I’m not yet seeing any cloudy tricomes but I keep checking every morning.

Just a shot of my veg tent with my OPG cross mother and some cutting I’m waiting to root.

picture.php

Jerry_Garcia

Day 61 Flower

Day 61 Flower

All continues to go well. Of the 8 cuttings of her that I took, two are potted up and 6 are still in the cloner but just starting to root this morning. Mama remains healthy. I think I see the finish line approaching...still a bit hard to tell how long. Still lots of white hairs and maybe just a slight few tricomes going cloudy. I actually really like this part...waiting and watching so she gets cut at the right time.

Jerry_Garcia

She came down today, a few amber trichs with the balance being primarily cloudy. I’ll swing back with everyone once I get a few weeks cure and get you a smoke report. She’s a very nice plant - good vigor, took to all of my abuse very well, loves to be trained and appears to be a relatively easy cloner. So long as the smoke is up to par, I look forward to running her again and being a bit nicer to her. Happy growing everyone.