What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super expensive LED's vs cheaper LED's?

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
I’ve narrowed it down to these. Help me choose. I don’t know how to do multiple links in same post so...

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I’ve narrowed it down to these. Help me choose. I don’t know how to do multiple links in same post so...

This one is powered by samsung and osram chip. Meanwell driver.
It can cover 1x1m grow area perfectly and it is dimmable from 10% to 100%. So you can use it from seedling to harvest. ;)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Dunno if a led vendor forum is the best place to ask for advice on multiple other brands. But try to go and find grows with each one see the results, calculate costs per watt at buy time, amd shipping and make up your mind. If others don't mention what hardware they are using, it may be better to stick with mars hydro model. Meanwell are some of the best and most reliable drivers in the world. Samsung and osram make good efficiency chips. If you can find something comparable in quality at a better price then go with that.
Just don't go by price alone, sometimes the more/most expensive ones mean they just put more money in marketing and designing a nice case for it, while the conponents that nobody sees are the cheapest.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Dunno if a led vendor forum is the best place to ask for advice on multiple other brands.
Oops, I guess I was kinda hoping Mars hydro was going to talk me into theirs. Not much feedback here anyway.?Feel free to delete my posts.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
No need for that. I was just saying you might get more replies elsewhere, in an other subforum, like the leds subforum. That's where you should do most of your research anyway.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Cheap isn't always the best value. I had a new light fail after a month or so, just as I was gonna flip. How good is the cheap light customer service gonna be in that case? Look around my 1st grow diary to see how the bunch I bought my light from treated me. (hint - good).

As far as which is best, hard to beat the sun for raw vegatative growing power. In flower, especially late stage, I have given up on reading the leaves and chasing colors..

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Cheap isn't always the best value. I had a new light fail after a month or so, just as I was gonna flip. How good is the cheap light customer service gonna be in that case? Look around my 1st grow diary to see how the bunch I bought my light from treated me. (hint - good).

As far as which is best, hard to beat the sun for raw vegatative growing power. In flower, especially late stage, I have given up on reading the leaves and chasing colors..

Agreed with you. If the budget allows, choosing a higher price item would always be better than the lower one.

From our product list, you could get lower price TS models and higher price FC model. It is more flexible for customers to make a choice. :D

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Agreed with you. If the budget allows, choosing a higher price item would always be better than the lower one.

I would say it depends. If comparing same brand that should be always true. Yet, when comparing models from diferent brands going by price alone could be the wrong decision. In some cases you might end up paying more for less, or much more for same quality and results.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I would say it depends. If comparing same brand that should be always true. Yet, when comparing models from diferent brands going by price alone could be the wrong decision. In some cases you might end up paying more for less, or much more for same quality and results.

You are correct. :D The quailty and price are various from different suppliers.

M

member 505892

I have to say that i am very happy with the TS1000 150 watt already.
Using it to grow some vegetable seedlings just now and they're super happy about 12-18 inches away at the closest.

This was the cheaper unit but it looks and works great. So much easier and compact than a HPS, and the white light is much nicer than yellow/ orange or blurple.
I can't think of any negatives, tbh.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I have to say that i am very happy with the TS1000 150 watt already.
Using it to grow some vegetable seedlings just now and they're super happy about 12-18 inches away at the closest.

This was the cheaper unit but it looks and works great. So much easier and compact than a HPS, and the white light is much nicer than yellow/ orange or blurple.
I can't think of any negatives, tbh.

Thanks for your positive words. FCE series can replace TS series perfectly.
We have adjusted the price of FCE series. The price is only a little higher now but customers can get a better design and quality light. :D
FCE3000 can replace TS2000, FCE4800 can replace TS3000. If you will have a chance to expand, pls try the new light next time. You will like them more. :tongue:

ARTHURTRUEH

I'm a new grower.
we have used another company 1000w led grow light and it works so great. Especially its low cost.
And this is their details specification:
https://www.amazon.com/Ismile-Spectrum-Thermometer-Greenhouse-Hydroponic/dp/B087LY1DSS/ref=sr_1_35?crid=HCCR92L40B25& dchild=1&keywords=1000w+led+gr ow+light&qid=1635324740&s=lawn-garden&sprefix=1000w+led+%2Cla wngarden%2C1945&sr=1-35

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm a new grower.
we have used another company 1000w led grow light and it works so great. Especially its low cost.
And this is their details specification:
https://www.amazon.com/Ismile-Spectrum-Thermometer-Greenhouse-Hydroponic/dp/B087LY1DSS/ref=sr_1_35?crid=HCCR92L40B25& dchild=1&keywords=1000w+led+gr ow+light&qid=1635324740&s=lawn-garden&sprefix=1000w+led+%2Cla wngarden%2C1945&sr=1-35

It's not 1000 though. It's 105w + 895 lies.
Be okay in 60x60