What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mars Hydro grow journal TSW2000 Swazi Rooibard

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello, I just started a grow thread with my new light!
Main thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=379557
But will post mini updates weekly in here as well for the contest!
Seeds are germinating:
picture.php

(100% sativa landrace, Swazi Rooibard)

Light is Mars Hydro TSW2000 (300W):
picture.php

:tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Light is waiting:
picture.php

Pots filled with soil (mostly recycled soil from last grow, plus some extras in there to refresh it):
picture.php

Last 2 inches of soil from the top is unferted potting ground mixed with perlite and spaghnum moss.
The bottom part is quite hot mix and I hope they reach that when they are mature enaugh to take it.

Signs of life!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Things going well. Small update:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bigger update will come at the start of next week.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I may make some seeds, haven't decided if i do a partial polination this grow or another seed grow. I'll know till males are identified and ready to release pollen.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello! Soil humidity sensors are calibrated and set up.
Variation is mostly because circulation fans are on the right and they dry the plant rows next to them faster. Soon I will put the gravel on the surface on the soil and soil readings should be way more stable and with less variation. Sensors go 1 to 4, from left to right and front to back at the same time. Sensor 1 is front-left, sensor 4 is back-right.
picture.php

picture.php

Forgot to add they have received 2 liters of water into the tray 2 days ago, not just the water spray (as they were more thristy than I anticipated). And the small late coming seedling has been moved to the compost pile.
In 1 to 2 weeks they should be good for 12/12 light schedule. For now the light is still at minimum power (48W) and on all the time.
Soon I should start rising light power, and I hope to have the gravel in and a bit of lst started by the time I switch them to flower.
See you next week for a bigger update with better pics.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello guys and galls! Update time!
Plants are 2 weeks, 2 days old from germination.
I set the light yesterday at 30-40% but it was too powerful. The Mars Hydro light is now 45 cm away from the plants and dimmed at around 20-25% power, which seems to mean 72 W. Will try to raise it a couple tens of watts every week till I reqch max power or a good wattage for the plants. I may not want to give 100% power to the sativas so they then overgrow the tent. Will raise it bit by bit. Will probably reach full power by the end of flower, if all goes well, grow temps are good and plants can take it. So far I am very happy with the light. Very powerful. I used to leave the ts1000 panel on sometimes when I looked at the plants, this one is brighter, much more leds togheter, actually I belive they are double or so wattage and led diode number should be about double as well on the ts2000. You can't take pictures with the light on, not even with it away and on low. That is why I take pics with light off. Anyway, enjoy the pics.

Front-left quarter:
picture.php

Back-left quarter:
picture.php

Front-right quarter:
picture.php

Back-right quarter:
picture.php

GROUP PIC:
picture.php

They will remain in veg for at least one more week. And I hope they grow a bit meanwhile so i can start lst-ing them. See you around!

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hello guys and galls! Update time!
Plants are 2 weeks, 2 days old from germination.
I set the light yesterday at 30-40% but it was too powerful. The Mars Hydro light is now 45 cm away from the plants and dimmed at around 20-25% power, which seems to mean 72 W. Will try to raise it a couple tens of watts every week till I reqch max power or a good wattage for the plants. I may not want to give 100% power to the sativas so they then overgrow the tent. Will raise it bit by bit. Will probably reach full power by the end of flower, if all goes well, grow temps are good and plants can take it. So far I am very happy with the light. Very powerful. I used to leave the ts1000 panel on sometimes when I looked at the plants, this one is brighter, much more leds togheter, actually I belive they are double or so wattage and led diode number should be about double as well on the ts2000. You can't take pictures with the light on, not even with it away and on low. That is why I take pics with light off. Anyway, enjoy the pics.

Front-left quarter:
View Image

Back-left quarter:
View Image

Front-right quarter:
View Image

Back-right quarter:
View Image

GROUP PIC:
View Image

They will remain in veg for at least one more week. And I hope they grow a bit meanwhile so i can start lst-ing them. See you around!

wow, these babies must like the new medium a lot. :good:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Sorry for not updating this thread!
just wanted to let you guys know I continue the grow in the main thread here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=379557
Anyone that is interested on what the TSW2000 can do should come by!
Plants are at about 3 weeks since light switch now. Just starting to grow buds.
Thank you for checking my thread here. I will now lock this thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts