What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TS1000 daisy chained ;)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah it's getting there, never fast enough though. The hamlet is slow to veg and fast in flowering, another 9 days for them and the black G# is fast to veg and slower to flower, probably 3-4 weeks left on them. The fasciated bruised nuts is also buried in there and that should be ready in 2-3 weeks. Then that cabinet enters retirement.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hamlet buds

IMG-20210912-WA0001.jpg

Black G# buds

IMG-20210912-WA0000.jpg

:wave:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Man, its 2 months, I should have another crop out by now, and the next is only just going in. My health is playing havock with my grow.
in the new small tent I had one male, a really nice male, so I made a decision to let everything go to shit. Well not exactly, I couldn't repot stuff, due to disability, so I left them in their tiny vegging tubs and just switched, after taking clones of course. Like I said it turned out I had one male. I liked him. I let him drop pollen. He dropped pollen. I shook him repeatedly of the girls and hoped for a handful of seeds from each girl. It didn't go like that.
One of the girls did give me 5 seeds. None of the others gave me anything but a headache.
All my fault, as I also did a few other things at the same time. Like test out something I read here but didn't believe, and also stress tested them (as they were 1st run seeds. Making seeds while stress testing plants is a bad idea. Leaving pollen and male flowers all over plants in an unventilated tent is a bad idea. The pollen turned to paste and the Male flowers turned to mold. I know, of course they did.
The plants were subjected to the following conditions, heavily rootbound, underwatered until wilting repeatedly, unacceptable light cycles that kept them switching from flowering to veg and back again, high humidity, low and high temps back to back, and general neglect. Yeah not the best breeding environment lol. Still I did read, from a respected breeder here, that once pollinated, a plant will continue to develop the seeds even if that plant is revegged. I have to say I neither proved that right or wrong, just not ideal.
Still I have a fan now, thanks to mars running yet another give away. My grow is now 100% Martian, and I've never been happier with my equipment. I'll post some pics in the next, imminent post, but I've typed too much to risk it all playing with pics at this point, hang on
​​​​​​

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I still have to set up the 2*4 which I'm ashamed to say I must have had unset up for almost a year now, that's 4th on my to do list right now, but I did separate the old leaning tower of ganja grow box into the following small flower room (TS1000), and 40w flouro tube (oh yeah, 99% martian grow, that's not from mars).
ive currently of the mars fan in or rather on the small 2*2 tent. I didn't know how to fix it inside, and had no tubing to take the air out anyway, and this does work.
I've never had a proper fan before, just those desktop types. Big aren't they. This is rated as 4", gotta say its a lot bigger than I was expecting. It has a built in turney thing to adjust the power / speed. Handy, I have it just where the blades in the fan just start turning, and that's plenty. I don't thing much less that a room sized tent would need it all the way to max. It is louder than I was hoping for, but then I'm an awkward sod, and wanted silence. Its not silent. At full whack its the same level as blowdrying your hair, at minimum speed its a dull hum. I can cope with a dull hum now and then. I tend to run it for 30 mins at lights off when rh spikes. And a couple of mins here and there. It clears the tent quickly with a smoke test. Oh yeah pics

IMG-20211125-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20211125-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20211125-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20211125-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20211125-WA0005.jpg

Here's the old thing separated

IMG-20211125-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20211125-WA0002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20211125-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20211125-WA0003.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 46

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi gmt everything good?

bro one pf the first things i get suprised when i bought my exctrator was the noise, that shit is loud..
i run low on budhet always so silencers and expensive silence boxes are a nono for me but i bought an insulated duct..
i just instaled in the direction where the air goes..i cuted a bit of the insulation, wraped it in a grabage bag and covered the exctrator, it reduced the noise a bit, its noticeable..i think i will install the leftovers of the duct on the other side of the exctractor to see if it helps even more and im thinking on diy a styrofoam boxes filled with foam to wrap the exctrator..
why dont you try something similar?you may not delete entirely the noise but you can mufle it the best you can..
Also i dont think turning off the exctrator would be good regarding mold etc

I run on a tent too, maybe you would be better growing in a well insulated box, cab, maybe in another room to not fuck your night sleep? I still continue to dream in a closed box well insulated ready with everything that they need, and part of it is being sillent and never with a tent we achieve that..hell, with everything turned off in complere silence, i can still hear the splashing of the water caused by the ultrasound humidifier..

Peace :tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey mate, if I had another room the grow could go in, it would be in there :), sadly I don't. This fan has a metal casing on it for hanging from, I think I may look at taking that off incase there's a little bit of rattle coming from that. But yeah, once I get some ducting, I may well try burying the fan itself in an old douvet or sleeping bag. Do you run the fan 24/0? That's just not going to happen for me. I'd go postal after a full day. I'm afraid strong sensory inputs of any kind just obliterate my brain. I grew in a completely silent cabinet for 20 years, lots of natural ventilation, no need for fans. Tents are a new game for me. I always thought fans in tents were to get rid of heat, but humidity is the real killer. I've opened the tent up in the mornings, and found actual droplets of water hanging from the leaves. I now run lights at night. From the outside my windows look like they should have fish swimming behind the glass. So dehumidifier is next, for stealth more than anything. But budgets are also a concern here, esp with Xmas on the way. Still, I saved money on the fan, thanks to mars, so it's one less expense. I was thinking of just opening the tents up when lights go off to equalise rh inside and outside the tent, then venting the room rather than the tents. I'm also going to try to avoid over filling the tents, less gpw but less noise needed, which is a trade off I'm happy to make. All a new learning curve for me, old man new world syndrome lol.
i always planned on building a cabinet, with the perfect layout for me, but I'm just not a practical person. I know I'd cut a hand off at least. So tent life and side cabinets for overflow will be my future. I need to get on top of all the transitional hurdles still, but with a little help, I'll get there. Thanks for the post man.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hey mate, if I had another room the grow could go in, it would be in there :), sadly I don't. This fan has a metal casing on it for hanging from, I think I may look at taking that off incase there's a little bit of rattle coming from that. But yeah, once I get some ducting, I may well try burying the fan itself in an old douvet or sleeping bag. Do you run the fan 24/0? That's just not going to happen for me. I'd go postal after a full day. I'm afraid strong sensory inputs of any kind just obliterate my brain. I grew in a completely silent cabinet for 20 years, lots of natural ventilation, no need for fans. Tents are a new game for me. I always thought fans in tents were to get rid of heat, but humidity is the real killer. I've opened the tent up in the mornings, and found actual droplets of water hanging from the leaves. I now run lights at night. From the outside my windows look like they should have fish swimming behind the glass. So dehumidifier is next, for stealth more than anything. But budgets are also a concern here, esp with Xmas on the way. Still, I saved money on the fan, thanks to mars, so it's one less expense. I was thinking of just opening the tents up when lights go off to equalise rh inside and outside the tent, then venting the room rather than the tents. I'm also going to try to avoid over filling the tents, less gpw but less noise needed, which is a trade off I'm happy to make. All a new learning curve for me, old man new world syndrome lol.
i always planned on building a cabinet, with the perfect layout for me, but I'm just not a practical person. I know I'd cut a hand off at least. So tent life and side cabinets for overflow will be my future. I need to get on top of all the transitional hurdles still, but with a little help, I'll get there. Thanks for the post man.

May i ask how you dealed with smells in that passive cab?
so now clip on fans or something like it to circulate the air inside the cab?

Yes my exctrator is 24/7 but is in a room on the opposite side of the bedrooms, so obviously is not interfering but i could hear it from the door of my house with the room closed, and after "insulating" i didnt so its a plus even if tiny..

Well why not repeat the passive cab if you were successfull with it?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I don't deal with weed odor, I don't mind the smell of weed. Never had a clip on fan or forced ventilation.
This thread is pretty long, I must have posted a pic of my cab somewhere here, nope can't see a good one, I'll explain. The cab I had, was 2 wardrobes, one with the back torn off backed up to another with its doors open to form walls. So I had the depth of two plus the door width to grow in. It's 4 and a bit by just under 2 and a half. The one with no back though, lost its rigidity, and started to lean, then leaned a bit further, and further, until it was frankly unsafe having lights hanging from it's weary frame. Then Mars stepped in to save me. So now I've gone from ghetto grow to pimp show. I just have to learn how to get the most out of my new environment. Well, within the confines of my limitations.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I don't deal with weed odor, I don't mind the smell of weed. Never had a clip on fan or forced ventilation.
This thread is pretty long, I must have posted a pic of my cab somewhere here, nope can't see a good one, I'll explain. The cab I had, was 2 wardrobes, one with the back torn off backed up to another with its doors open to form walls. So I had the depth of two plus the door width to grow in. It's 4 and a bit by just under 2 and a half. The one with no back though, lost its rigidity, and started to lean, then leaned a bit further, and further, until it was frankly unsafe having lights hanging from it's weary frame. Then Mars stepped in to save me. So now I've gone from ghetto grow to pimp show. I just have to learn how to get the most out of my new environment. Well, within the confines of my limitations.

Most people care about the odor. the filter is good enough to control the odor? Are there some other stuffs can help control?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, when used corectly and with carbon that's still good, carbon filters do a great job. Some will use an ionizer or ozone generator on the exhaust, after the filter, as an extra security level when filter gets too old. But in my opinion that should only be done when exhausting to the outside. As exposure to O3 (ozone) is not good for us. The ozone generators give a lot of ozone, while ionisers just a bit. The rest is O2-. Which is not as bad as O3.
Some small growers use some baking soda like formulations in form of blocks or gel that absorb smells, but honestly those don't work so good. Maybe if the grow is small enaugh they can do the job, but it really needs to be a very small microgrow to have any chance of using those effectively.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi gmt everything good?

bro one pf the first things i get suprised when i bought my exctrator was the noise, that shit is loud..
i run low on budhet always so silencers and expensive silence boxes are a nono for me but i bought an insulated duct..
i just instaled in the direction where the air goes..i cuted a bit of the insulation, wraped it in a grabage bag and covered the exctrator, it reduced the noise a bit, its noticeable..i think i will install the leftovers of the duct on the other side of the exctractor to see if it helps even more and im thinking on diy a styrofoam boxes filled with foam to wrap the exctrator..
why dont you try something similar?you may not delete entirely the noise but you can mufle it the best you can..
Also i dont think turning off the exctrator would be good regarding mold etc

I run on a tent too, maybe you would be better growing in a well insulated box, cab, maybe in another room to not fuck your night sleep? I still continue to dream in a closed box well insulated ready with everything that they need, and part of it is being sillent and never with a tent we achieve that..hell, with everything turned off in complere silence, i can still hear the splashing of the water caused by the ultrasound humidifier..

Sampas,
Get a step transformator to dim the fan. For small grow spaces, even small extration fans running on normal speed are a bit overkill. PLUS: When you dim them they get super quiet. Larger diameter insulated ducts take away the rest of the noise form airflow and you're whisper quiet. Don't use cheap dimmers, they hum and that can be louder than the fan itself. A bit disappointed that for example PrimaKlima who make affordable super quiet fans has equipped their dimmable fans with the cheap tech instead of step transorfmators. They do hum.
All the best and good luck to all here
CC

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Yeah, when used corectly and with carbon that's still good, carbon filters do a great job. Some will use an ionizer or ozone generator on the exhaust, after the filter, as an extra security level when filter gets too old. But in my opinion that should only be done when exhausting to the outside. As exposure to O3 (ozone) is not good for us. The ozone generators give a lot of ozone, while ionisers just a bit. The rest is O2-. Which is not as bad as O3.
Some small growers use some baking soda like formulations in form of blocks or gel that absorb smells, but honestly those don't work so good. Maybe if the grow is small enaugh they can do the job, but it really needs to be a very small microgrow to have any chance of using those effectively.

Well noted. :good:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Pretty busy this week, I'll get a response to my ban up on Sunday night, 9PM GMT

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks gizmo,

Since I had some spare time recently, let's not dwell, I finally got round to cleaning out the grow area completely. I found some seeds that must have been freebies from around 15 years ago. Some afropips, some old skunk #1, some horned rhino f2's, whatever they are, but also a pack of gypsys magical mystery mix? I did some looking around and it seems they are sagarmartha seeds repacked. It seems like possibly western winds, yumbolt or Mongolian indica and maybe some was it power berry, I can't remember exactly, I was searching a few hours ago. Anyway, question, does anyone know exactly what the MMM, contained? As these were guesses from people no longer around but I couldn't find confirmation anywhere. They probably won't germ, not after 15 years under a hot growbox, but I was just interested, I don't even remember recieving them.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Thanks gizmo,

Since I had some spare time recently, let's not dwell, I finally got round to cleaning out the grow area completely. I found some seeds that must have been freebies from around 15 years ago. Some afropips, some old skunk #1, some horned rhino f2's, whatever they are, but also a pack of gypsys magical mystery mix? I did some looking around and it seems they are sagarmartha seeds repacked. It seems like possibly western winds, yumbolt or Mongolian indica and maybe some was it power berry, I can't remember exactly, I was searching a few hours ago. Anyway, question, does anyone know exactly what the MMM, contained? As these were guesses from people no longer around but I couldn't find confirmation anywhere. They probably won't germ, not after 15 years under a hot growbox, but I was just interested, I don't even remember recieving them.

wow, 15 years old seeds. You must keep them in a nice bag. I am going to be curious about their matured look. :tree:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah me too, it'll be a while till I get to try any out thought.
in the mean time, I have to get 4 out of these 5 into the new 4*2 set up and pick one to get left alone in the 2*2 tent. That backless warbrobe needs turning into fire wood at this point.
Pics :biggrin:
(Sorry, taken during lights out, so over exposed to see them in low light). 3 in first 2 in second.
IMG-20211216-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20211216-WA0001.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well I finally got everything set up and running. I moved the fan onto the 4*2 and I'm semi happy with everything now. Toying with the idea of another 2*2 as the single wardrobe in the middle looks untidy. I broke my nice 4 foot flouro tube moving everything around. I pulled some wires out and couldn't get it to work again, so now the youngens have a small led and small cfl. I could have put either another TS 1000 or SP150 in there, but I want to keep them for when the TSL eventually gives out. I also swapped the SP150 out of the small tent and replaced it with the TS1000. The plants got too tall and I needed to dim the power to the tops. Enough Waffle, time for pics

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20211218-WA0004.jpg Views:	4 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	18018222
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20211218-WA0003.jpg Views:	4 Size:	107.9 KB ID:	18018224
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20211218-WA0005.jpg Views:	4 Size:	168.5 KB ID:	18018225
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20211218-WA0000.jpg Views:	4 Size:	182.9 KB ID:	18018226
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20211218-WA0002.jpg Views:	4 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	18018227
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20211218-WA0003.jpg Views:	4 Size:	107.9 KB ID:	18018224

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts