What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TS1000 daisy chained ;)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
OK, time to do a quick unboxing, hanging and review of not one, but two. Yep I treated myself. Each new TS1000 is 150w, so thats an extra 300w in total added to my 300w TSL 2000. I can now go smoothly from 15w to 600w. Or have the lighting in one, two or three tents. I needed more flexibility and adding two TS1000 lights to my TS2000 light, just seemed the best way to get it.
So, the boxes:
2 of these,
picture.php

The plastic bag has these in:
picture.php

The grey lead that looks like an old modem cable (for those old enough lol), is for the daisy chain connection. Yeah you can link the lights together, more on that later.
Not sure why I took this sticker, looked relevant at the time.
picture.php

Quick test to check they work, before hanging, plug the ballast lead into the light panel
picture.php

That ballast is a very easy job to remove, its just 1 finger screw on each side, but I'm leaving them on the back of the light.

Oh picture restrictions per post, to be continued lol.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The new control box next to the ballast, I'll do a how to review later, for now I'm just showing the bits and bobs.
picture.php

Very important switch on the back of the box
picture.php

Off
picture.php

On minimum
picture.php

On max
picture.php

I'm guessing that the 2nd and 17th (red) LEDs are infra red. They look the same on both panels, and can only be seen when power is low. I have heard that when dimming the power to LEDs, they get a slight blue shift in colour, which I'm assuming is why they can just be seen at low power, and disappear at full power.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Wow, visitors already, popular lights.

Now, hanging these, only an idiot hangs the ropes and then tries to clip the lights into place with the wire hangars. Don't ask how I know that.
Clip the wire hangars to the back of the light first, then clip the hangars into the rope clips.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I need to charge my phone battery, I'll reserve part three, the chaining together and operation, in a bit

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Daisy chaining is easy.
Remember that important switch on the back of the control box? Make sure its turned on. That's on both lights. Now, decide which light will be closer to hand, and call that the control light. Plug that grey cable into hole number 2. 2 is the output Chanel and sends the commands. Here's a pic
picture.php

Now on your next light, plug the other end of that cable into hole 1, the input Chanel. Again a picture
picture.php

In theory (according to the instruction book) you can connect 3 of these together, putting the next grey cable into hole 2 and then hole 1 in the last light

If either light is set to less than 100% power, then that will be the highest power you can turn either light up to, so make sure any slave lights are always set to 100%. If the lights are connected, they cannot be used separately. If either light is turned off or unplugged, neither light will work.
However when both lights are set up properly, from the one switch you can turn both lights on/off, and turn them from 10% power to 100% very easily.

Here's mine, daisy chained, hanging, and running at 25% power, so that's around 75w between the two. Its nearly bed time for the plants, so the tsl2000 is off and they are on low light for their last hour.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The light itself seems softer somehow, same power as the tsl2000 between them, but at full blast, although you can't look anywhere near them directly, the light spill into the room doesn't seem as harsh. Perhaps less blue does that, and you can see a slight shift in overall spectrum from the previous model of tsl2000.
I'm looking forward to taking advantage of this flexibility in the future, and seeing exactly how 600w of led compares to 300w in the same space. But that ability to go easily from 15ish watts all the way up to 600w at will, I think should be a good combination choice (only half of those watts are coming from the two TS1000's, the other half from my TSL2000).

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
600w of martian light
picture.php

Couple of plants, I haven't worked out the white balance yet, so I'll take them out tomorrow and photo everything for a proper update. I've been too busy setting up the new lights and playing/learning lately
picture.php

Edit, sorry, wrong thread lol

Mr. J

Looks nice. Kinda pissed that they added those about a month after I bought mine. Here I am dicking around with a fricken screwdriver blindly trying to get the thing to engage the screw head. What a pain in the ass.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol, tell me about it. My TSL is pre magic box. That has never been less than 100%.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
The new control box next to the ballast, I'll do a how to review later, for now I'm just showing the bits and bobs.
View Image
Very important switch on the back of the box
View Image
Off
View Image
On minimum
View Image
On max
View Image
I'm guessing that the 2nd and 17th (red) LEDs are infra red. They look the same on both panels, and can only be seen when power is low. I have heard that when dimming the power to LEDs, they get a slight blue shift in colour, which I'm assuming is why they can just be seen at low power, and disappear at full power.

The very important button! Lol! Nice to see they added dimmers to the tsl’s too.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Subbed GMT!
These lights are good and I like that they now come with a control box. Neat.
best
CC

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Darksider, getmo, Chevy, thanks for calling in.
Mars thanks for confirming that the red lights 2 and 17 are infra red lights. I pmed mars to double check my theory on that, just to make sure I wasn't misleading anyone, and it turns out they are.

Now help me out folks. I've got one thread going showing the TSL, and one thread showing the 2 TS models connected together. But they are in the same cabinet. So do I continue with the longer thread, should I continue updating this thread, do I do a new thread in this forum, the led forum or the soil growers forum? I haven't run threads for a while, and these two were more to show off the lights than anything else. Is it job done, should I close up shop and put my feet up? What do I do?

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Darksider, getmo, Chevy, thanks for calling in.
Mars thanks for confirming that the red lights 2 and 17 are infra red lights. I pmed mars to double check my theory on that, just to make sure I wasn't misleading anyone, and it turns out they are.

Now help me out folks. I've got one thread going showing the TSL, and one thread showing the 2 TS models connected together. But they are in the same cabinet. So do I continue with the longer thread, should I continue updating this thread, do I do a new thread in this forum, the led forum or the soil growers forum? I haven't run threads for a while, and these two were more to show off the lights than anything else. Is it job done, should I close up shop and put my feet up? What do I do?

Both are ok, buddy. To save time, i think continue the longer one would be better. :biggrin:
But if you want to join in the cup, pls continue this thread too.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Quick update, the boys are starting to show themselves.
Smaller black ghash boys
picture.php

Closer look
picture.php

One on the left is also a boy, the one on the right I have hopes for.
picture.php

Bruised nuts trifoliar boys
picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Bruised nuts yet to show
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This compost I'm using this time is almost empty of goodness, so I'm going to have to buy some bottles. I've done some research, and I'm going with the hesi line, grow, bloom and boost.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good choice, Hesi never let me down although I have not used it recently.
Say, are your plants always so hella squat? Is it the strains or your environment?
I mean that as a compliment... growing indoors and all.

Geat work mate
CC

Latest posts

Latest posts