What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TS1000 daisy chained ;)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Is that a bit of iron deficiency or too fast growing and chlorophyl still not stabilised?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
What ya tryin to say Fe ? Lol. Yeah I should do a deep cleanse of the grout and tiles in there, but I spent wed and Thur getting and plumbing a new washing machine in, I'm knackered now. It's the bathroom ceiling I really need to get to, then I need to replace the wallpaper in my room, I haven't even put my new tents up yet. I've got so much to do, but for when I do get round to it, what is Oxy? Is that the trade name? Supermarket or DIY store? I've never been very practical around the house, I normally find someone willing to work for weed. You busy lol?

lol sorry mate. I was going to share my new found cleaning tip in Random, but there were your tiles, just looking at me. Surely fair game :)
12% hydrogen peroxide. It's as strong as we can get it here now. Just spray and walk away. The bottom of my shower curtain didn't come up 100% perfect, but the grout looks new. While the bath seems to of lifted a few shades, I didn't know it could. 12% is perhaps a bit aggressive but I'm forever spraying down kit in the bath now. Two jobs at once. Spray and leave though. It's gets on your chest like an ozone generator.

Mithridate

Update
site is still a pain to try and post pictures to, especially to get the next to the right text so, just a PiC dump

I just press enter multiple times after each pic..Makes it easier to click between them.

Whatever happened to that instruction manual;):biglaugh:

That fasciated bruised nut is something else man, I once had a lifesaver that grew like that and smelled like coconut, go figure lol

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Explosive, if you mean the white on the branch stem, I checked when I saw the photo myself, but it was just flash reflection. If you mean another photo, possibly a deficiency, which one? So far they've only had a couple of shots of "grow" I'll hit it with a drop of boost next watering.

Hey f-e, no worries mate, I know, it's all good. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out for it, but I'll admit it's not at the top of my to-do list yet. I should point out it is grey grouting though lol, but yeah, I know.

Mithridate, welcome, yeah I can get the spaces, my prob is the list of photos to choose from, the pics are so small I can never match the right pics into the right spaces. Then I can't delete the damn pics, I could post the pics with spaces, and then fill the words in after, but it was my third attempt and I was getting frustrated, so just dumped them and had a smoke.
I do love unusual growth patterns. Still waiting for that to sex. But it's getting used in the future, providing the clone roots.

Update, the black 'n' glue was a boy, so it's now a dead boy.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I mean apical tops center discoloration in pics 1 and 2 in post above mine where i said that.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh, er, so you're saying that not everyone's new growth looks like that? Ok, ERM, iron you say? Oh yeah, I was recommended treacle to solve that, I forgot I was meant to pick some of that up. Black treacle I think they said, man my memory is shit. Wonder which thread that was in..........

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Finally getting around to setting some new stuff up. I don't have a fan yet, but I'll put a light in without plants and see what the temp does.

Pics of setting up the small tent. Once I've got everything going, I'll do a new thread as it will be a new garden. But for now, here's some pics
Oh, its 5 per post so I'll do a couple of posts

IMG-20210806-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210806-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20210806-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20210806-WA0007.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
In the write up of the tent, it says it has a 4" vent, its actually got lots of vents
IMG-20210806-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20210806-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210806-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20210806-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20210806-WA0004.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
3 of the sides also have sort of filtered intakes which can be opened or closed with a Velcro window flap. So I don't think cooling will be an issue. If you get someone to zip you up inside the tent in full daylight, you really can't see your hand in front of your face. Yes I tried.
ok more tent news after I've had a play.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey Mars, yeah, I'm surprised how quickly they grew actually. I left the light quite high because I wasn't sure the one at the back right would pull through. I didn't want to over power it. But they all seem to be gready for the light and went climbing for more.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
That was the plan, but I'll have to buy a fan from someone else now, since only Americans can buy the mars fans. So many on the market, it's hard to know what to buy. Really wish yours were in your UK warehouse. So for the time being, I've only got the smaller tent up, with a 9 w led house bulb and a 40w strip flouro. Just for clones and seedlings. Until I get a separate fan for that tent. Tents are a great idea, but they also have downsides, like keeping all the heat and air inside them.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
That was the plan, but I'll have to buy a fan from someone else now, since only Americans can buy the mars fans. So many on the market, it's hard to know what to buy. Really wish yours were in your UK warehouse. So for the time being, I've only got the smaller tent up, with a 9 w led house bulb and a 40w strip flouro. Just for clones and seedlings. Until I get a separate fan for that tent. Tents are a great idea, but they also have downsides, like keeping all the heat and air inside them.

our fan will not be available in uk until the end of this year. Maybe you should have a look at the AC infinite fan. seems it is popular.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Quick update on the flowering girls, they're entering the flowering phase nicely.

IMG-20210812-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210812-WA0000.jpg

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The AC is an axial fan. It won't draw in air while exhausting through a carbon. It can only do a 50mm carbon. If you oversize them, thus running them louder than needs be, then you might be alright. Thing is, a 4" centrifugal EC fan is about £70 from Ali. For a more stealthy option, systemair will sell you one for around £200 (4" or 6") which you can collect or have posted.

Axial fans belong on your desk. We are being ripped off with them stuck in tubes. With very careful design one can blow through a 50mm bed, but that's it's lot. While a proper duct fan will pull in the air though the tent flaps. Then drag it through a 50mm carbon. Then blow it out another 50mm carbon. Should the need arise.

The systemair website is good. They have graphs showing airflow against various resistances, and the power required if you specify the airflow you want through a known resistance. They have moved the filters out to another site, where there resistance is graphed against airflow. So you can see what a fan and filter will perform like, with data like noise levels at different flow rates. I picked up a tent set recently, and it uses about 5w of electric through veg. Where the carbon offers little restriction at the flow rates required. Bubbles breaking the surface of my tank make more noise. Which is silenced itself.

EC... Extremely Costly, but good.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ah, f-e, thanks, glad you're about on this. I don't use a carbon scrubber, I want to achieve three things as cheaply as possible. 1, cool the tents, 2, do it quietly, 3, give the plants enough fresh air that their growth won't be restricted.
id rather order from within the UK, so I'd rather avoid Ali, happy with grow stores, eBay, Amazon etc. I need it to be plug and play.
I don't need it to defeat the third little piggy's house, but it should probably be capable of blowing the first's house down so I can stick a controller on it and turn it down a bit, for noise reduction. I'd really like to cover a 2x2 and a 4x2 with 2 simple fans I can slot into the roof of the tents, so blow vertically out, and fresh air come in the vents for the plants passively.
What sort of money am I going to spend? I'm not asking you to trawl through and find me the models, just some insight into what I do and don't need for my situation please mate.
I'll take a look at that site and see if anything jumps out at me, but from what you said, it does sound like I might be able to get away with a cheaper axial fan. Though I admit I don't know what that means.

Latest posts

Latest posts